Npcs/mobs/players rarely not loaded when login while riding a mount

• Contributor

Today i just logged to ddmt.net (first hungarian p server) to feel some nostalgia and i was riding a mount at login and the rare bug happened: npcs/mobs/players not loaded, map was empty. It is happening in my server too, just wanted to state that it is a common bug.

I can't tell how to reproduce the bug, its just happens totally random. (When it happens the syserr is empty)

I think everyone who use a base unmodified source already exprrienced this bug. (Idk if its fixed in marty source)

Do anyone have some clue or a fix?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium

It usually happens when the mount doesnt have the proper folder setup

Setting it to "pony" fixes it

At least it was as simple as this to fix that old bug, not sure if we're talking about the same

For example mount 20230 (item 52120)

It had the "folder" empty, riding it on map1 for example triggered such bug of stuff not updating, when setting the proper folder to the one of the horse (pony) that issues dissapears:

imagem.png

I think this is the bug you're talking about

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Premium

Tell me then what mount id you trying pls

If its not the simple folder missing, is probably due to the mov coords, you had to increase them slightly, i dont have any source here atm so i cant show where

will do when i get to pc to compare with yours

Edited by tierrilopes

• Contributor

You're speaking of move cords. Then maybe we are really not speaking about the same bug, you mean when the instances are loaded slowly without a folder and we get teleport back sometimes. Yep that's a different bug when there's no folder.

The bug what i talked about is happening with normal horses too so.. not folder issue :(

Yet still not know how can reproduce, but yesterday at ddmt2 i used a horse. 

So my bug is: You log in, you can see everyone for a sec, but you get mounted since your're wearing a seal (or logged out with a horse) and the system quicly mount you and everything disappear (npcs, players, mobs)

Edit: I have a clue. Before 40k, when we mounted a horse or mount, everything reloaded and we could see the mapname sign too every time. At 40k that's gone. Either that feature should be re added or truly find the problem's origin :D

Edited by TMP4

• Premium
3 hours ago, TMP4 said:

You're speaking of move cords. Then maybe we are really not speaking about the same bug, you mean when the instances are loaded slowly without a folder and we get teleport back sometimes. Yep that's a different bug when there's no folder.

The bug what i talked about is happening with normal horses too so.. not folder issue :(

Yet still not know how can reproduce, but yesterday at ddmt2 i used a horse. 

So my bug is: You log in, you can see everyone for a sec, but you get mounted since your're wearing a seal (or logged out with a horse) and the system quicly mount you and everything disappear (npcs, players, mobs)

Edit: I have a clue. Before 40k, when we mounted a horse or mount, everything reloaded and we could see the mapname sign too every time. At 40k that's gone. Either that feature should be re added or truly find the problem's origin :D

Ah if its hapenning on normal horses then yes we're talking about different things

Your description seemed like with was that old bug.

About horses i dont have an idea as i didnt saw it hapenning to me yet

Can you tell me a server that i can download and play to try to experience the bug by myself?

• Contributor

This bug happens very very rarely and i don't think you gonna spend hours to reproduce by logging in and logging out :D

As i said it happened at ddmt2.net too since that's a base server without any development. (First hungarian p server that's why it's not closed yet lol)