"GetServerLocation: cannot find server for mapindex"

Buonasera everyone!

As always, after posting this question I've smashed the search button and i rolled painfully trough the third Google search page; if I'm forced to write this is because that research I made didn't produce satisfyng results and let me stuck in my condition (it just made me laugh by reading some bullshit like: "delete the map folder and replace it with another to see if something changes").

Here's the thing:
The scenario it's a dedicated VM rolling on FreeBSD 12.2 x32 and MySQL 5.6; on this VM it was compiled from source (and fully integrated) the revision 41023 of the gamefiles, along with the proper generation of its database.
Everything worked like a charm, the syserr log files were empty afer several reboots of both the machine and the game service.
I've manually created thorugh Navicat my account for the application, without any player character. just an empty account.

Time was for me to switch on the client side: together with the files I was provided with a compatible client (wich I like due to the fact that it's without any mods) so after configuring it for a proper access, I ran it and I was able to successfully perform the login, finding me at the character creation screen.
I entered the nickname of the character wich was successfully generated, then I proceeded to uncork the champagne and finally started the game while sipping my glass.

The result was actually embarrassing: in fact, once the player was selected, after the animation; I was sent back to the login screen.

I put the sparkling wine straight back in the refrigerator and started digging in the log files, which I attach here:

SYSERR: Apr 25 13:19:28 :: PlayerCreateSuccess: InputDB::PlayerCreateSuccess: cannot find server for mapindex 0 51830 x 166571 (name NAME)

I therefore thought it was some problem related to the loading of the map and the consequent spawn position, crealy invalid: "mapindex=0" immediatly sounded like bullshit to me.
Therefore I chose to try to set the player position by manually editing the "player" database in the "player" table in a position like: "somewhere in the happy village of Shinsoo":
x=640 | y =540 | map_index = 3

At this point I tried to restart all the thing and I felt confident in my login: the result was the same logout that produced the following logs:

SYSERR: Apr 25 14:01:37 :: GetServerLocation: location error name NAME mapindex 0 640 x 540 empire 1
SYSERR: Apr 25 14:01:37 :: GetServerLocation: cannot find server for mapindex 0 469300 x 964200 (name NAME)

The next attempt I made was to create another account, with another player, in a different kingdom than Shinsoo; but the result was the same logout after the selection, and the same logs with invalid mapindex.
On the several hours that followed I searched the meanderings of various forums out there in search for some key concepts that could make me understand what I was dealing with, but in the end I find myself here writing this post.

I noticed precisely that the variable "mapindex" continued to be  equal to zero, although I had manually set it to three; I can imagine that there is some inconsistency in the management of the maps.

I also attach the CONFIG file of core1 in ch1:

Spoiler

VIEW_RANGE: 10000
PASSES_PER_SEC: 25
SAVE_EVENT_SECOND_CYCLE: 180
PING_EVENT_SECOND_CYCLE: 180
DB_ADDR: 127.0.0.1
COMMON_SQL: 127.0.0.1 user password common 3306
LOG_SQL: 127.0.0.1 user password log 3306
ADMINPAGE_IP1: 192.168.1.10x
ADMINPAGE_PASSWORD: 58948HG83H4G8H84x
MAX_LEVEL: 120
CHANGE_ATTR_TIME_LIMIT: 0
EMOTION_MASK_REQUIRE: 0
PRISM_ITEM_REQUIRE: 0
SHOP_PRICE_3X_TAX: 0
GLOBAL_SHOUT: 1
ITEM_COUNT_LIMIT: 250
STATUS_POINT_GET_LEVEL_LIMIT: 120
STATUS_POINT_SET_MAX_VALUE: 90
SHOUT_LIMIT_LEVEL: 15
DB_LOG_LEVEL: 1
EMPIRE_LANGUAGE_CHECK: 0
PLAYER_SQL: 127.0.0.1 user password player 3306
HOSTNAME: srv1-ch1-core1
CHANNEL: 1
MAP_ALLOW: 1 21 41 3 23 43 4 24 44 5 25 45 108 109 112
PORT: 30003
P2P_PORT: 30004
DB_PORT: 30000

And also  the "index" file in the "map" folder of the local, which obviously does not show any "0" value.

Spoiler

1 metin2_map_a1
3 metin2_map_a3
4 metin2_map_guild_01
5 metin2_map_monkey_dungeon_11
6 metin2_guild_village_01
21 metin2_map_b1
23 metin2_map_b3
24 metin2_map_guild_02
25 metin2_map_monkey_dungeon_12
26 metin2_guild_village_02
41 metin2_map_c1
43 metin2_map_c3
44 metin2_map_guild_03
45 metin2_map_monkey_dungeon_13
46 metin2_guild_village_03
61 map_n_snowm_01
62 metin2_map_n_flame_01
63 metin2_map_n_desert_01
64 map_n_threeway
65 metin2_map_milgyo
66 metin2_map_deviltower1
67 metin2_map_trent
68 metin2_map_trent02
69 metin2_map_WL_01
70 metin2_map_nusluck01
71 metin2_map_spiderdungeon_02
72 metin2_map_skipia_dungeon_01
73 metin2_map_skipia_dungeon_02
81 metin2_map_wedding_01
100 metin2_map_fielddungeon
101 metin2_map_resources_zon
103 metin2_map_t1
104 metin2_map_spiderdungeon
105 metin2_map_t2
107 metin2_map_monkey_dungeon
108 metin2_map_monkey_dungeon2
109 metin2_map_monkey_dungeon3
110 metin2_map_t3
111 metin2_map_t4
112 metin2_map_duel
113 metin2_map_oxevent
114 metin2_map_sungzi
118 metin2_map_sungzi_flame_hill_01
119 metin2_map_sungzi_flame_hill_02
120 metin2_map_sungzi_flame_hill_03
121 metin2_map_sungzi_snow
122 metin2_map_sungzi_snow_pass01
123 metin2_map_sungzi_snow_pass02
124 metin2_map_sungzi_snow_pass03
125 metin2_map_sungzi_desert_01
126 metin2_map_sungzi_desert_hill_01
127 metin2_map_sungzi_desert_hill_02
128 metin2_map_sungzi_desert_hill_03
181 metin2_map_empirewar01
182 metin2_map_empirewar02
183 metin2_map_empirewar03
200 gm_guild_build
208 metin2_map_skipia_dungeon_boss
216 metin2_map_devilcatacomb
217 metin2_map_spiderdungeon_03
301 Metin2_map_CapeDragonHead
302 metin2_map_dawnmistwood
303 metin2_map_BayBlackSand
304 metin2_map_Mt_Thunder
351 metin2_map_n_flame_dungeon_01
130 natural_map
131 deep_underwater_cave
132 plechito_owl_map

#UPDATE#
By logging in the game from the local network where the server runs, the login proceeds smoothly and the character is correctly loaded into the map.

This should move the search for the solution in a completely different direction.

I performed a further test, opening all the incoming and outgoing ports to the server both on the router and on the firewall, then tryed to log in from the external network, but the result was always negative.

I realize that I am in the domain of competence of the game itself, my competence here is equal only to what I can understand as a programmer, so before I start moving by breaking everything, I think it is better to appeal to those who have more experience than me and probably can direct me to what I have to do to solve this technical issue and finally be able to sip my fucking champagne in front of the village of Shinsoo.

As always, I thank you in advance and remind you to wash your hands!.

Love

- MACROMANGO

Edited by Macromango
Added informations acquired by further tests that may clarify the situation and lead to the solution of the problem, sice they unveil the real nature of the error wich I'm asking support for.

• Contributor

There were some sh*tty "Public IP Fix" releases what made home-root server works without the "MC Starter" but ruined it in a normal environment (=vps).

Just as you wrote.

Maybe that's the case? Did you get a changelog with your source to check?

Are you able to try your server in home-root (virtualbox) to check if it's works there? if it's works there, that's the case.

Edited by TMP4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, TMP4 said:

There were some sh*tty "Public IP Fix" releases what made home-root server works without the "MC Starter" but ruined it in a normal environment (=vps).

Just as you wrote.

Maybe that's the case? Did you get a changelog with your source to check?

Are you able to try your server in home-root (virtualbox) to check if it's works there? if it's works there, that's the case.

Thank you very mutch for your relpy!

As suggested, I tryed to log in the game from the LAN where the server is running.
Actually it was successful and the player was correctly spawned inside the map!

This leads the research of the solution totally to another direction.
Perhaps I should edit something in the source that manages the external connections?

Greetings

• Contributor

Can you tell me if your dedicated VM have internal ip (192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x)?

It should not have but everything can happen.

I'm not a BSD expert but maybe type "ifconfig" and check there the adresses.

If so, try to put BIND_IP: 1.2.3.4 (your vps PUBLIC IP) to your channel's cores, and auth CONFIG file.

BTW if your vps have internal ip then it's not really a vps, bad hosting :D

Edit: I just realised your dedicated VM is a home root and not vps, so it have internal ip. Hope the bind_ip will work and solve your problem, but honestly i never tried this way in a home root.

Edited by TMP4
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

Can you tell me if your dedicated VM have internal ip (192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x)?

It should not have but everything can happen.

I'm not a BSD expert but maybe type "ifconfig" and check there the adresses.

If so, try to put BIND_IP: 1.2.3.4 (your vps PUBLIC IP) to your channel's cores, and auth CONFIG file.

BTW if your vps have internal ip then it's not really a vps, bad hosting :D

Thanks again for supporting, mate!

Actually this VM is for testing purposes, it runs on a server of mine (in my attic) that is virtualizing it with ESXI, so actually yes, since I fully manage this network I can tell you with accuracy that the internal IP of that machine is 192.168.1.xxx.

I tried to add "BIND_IP: WAN_IP" in all the CONFIG files in the various cores, but when starting the service i get prompted this:

SYSERR: Apr 26 16:53:48 :: socket_bind: bind: Can't assign requested address

This make me think that maybe must be another place where i have to configure the WAN IP (?).