Compile Server Source With VS19

• VIP
20 minutes ago, DrTurk said:

I've done it the "normal" way, is fast enough.

What does cmake improve? I worked ~4years ago with cmake but on FreeBSD so whats the benefits of cmake on windows?

My "setup": https://puu.sh/Fw7PY.mp4

You can generate projects for many IDEs(visual studio, clion, eclipse, etc) and it's easy to learn, also u can use third party libraries. Of course you can speed your build for  your own project via cotire ,also there is alternatives for cmake  (premake5, meson, etc).

• Love 1
  • Honorable Member
11 hours ago, Hik said:

Thanks for posting it!
Thinking about it, what are the advantages for using windows instead of freebsd?
In addition to not having to use a virtual machine.

I saved you from shitty gdb, virtual servers and more. You can see what is wrong at source clearly. Breakpoint, call stack, etc..

🌛

Gdb works few times, right ...

Now we only need to convert all the code I added :D
How come when I make changes and try to compile I get the error: unable to find cmd.exe?

• 4 months later...

Thanks for this post, bro, you really helped me. I am the entrepreneur and my programmer have read your article and solved the trouble with the server. I see that you rather competent and I wanted to ask you about the customizing salesforce CRM. Maybe you have heard about this soft. I am looking for a real expert that could help me to develop the custom soft for this CRM, can you recommend me, someone?

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I hope someone can help me. I compiled DB and game without problems.

Then i combined them with DB for mysql and locale from another SF. 

And everything is okay. Then i started my client, login is ok, but when the client go in the screen with the loading bar, a crash happened.

The only syserror i have is "wsagetlasterror returned 10054". I can't find why the client always crash, maybe im using a wrong DB? What can i do?

I used the test client 40k. I tried several other client and the result is the same. Sorry for bad english and thanks for the help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...