Compile Server Source With VS22

• Honorable Member

M2 Download Center

This is the hidden content, please
( Internal )
( Github )

Look at this post: 

https://metin2.dev/topic/23377-compile-server-source-with-vs22/?do=findComment&comment=148529&_rid=14335

Edited by Mali
  • Metin2 Dev 357
  • kekw 7
  • Eyes 15
  • Dislove 9
  • Angry 5
  • Not Good 3
  • Sad 3
  • Cry 1
  • Smile Tear 3
  • Think 9
  • Confused 7
  • Scream 3
  • Lmao 4
  • Good 147
  • Love 50
  • Love 291

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, DrTurk said:

Why are you using cmake for this?

If you compile the game, it's slightly better to use CMAKE and it also works on FreeBSD

Edited by Gurgarath
  • Love 1

Gurgarath
coming soon

I've done it the "normal" way, is fast enough.

What does cmake improve? I worked ~4years ago with cmake but on FreeBSD so whats the benefits of cmake on windows?

My "setup": https://metin2.download/picture/r3F9504x09DVmF8K988YXgTtGTP6KMUj/.gif

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 36
  • Dislove 1
  • Angry 1
  • Smile Tear 1
  • Think 1
  • Scream 1
  • Good 12
  • Love 4

• Premium
20 minutes ago, DrTurk said:

I've done it the "normal" way, is fast enough.

What does cmake improve? I worked ~4years ago with cmake but on FreeBSD so whats the benefits of cmake on windows?

My "setup": https://metin2.download/picture/r3F9504x09DVmF8K988YXgTtGTP6KMUj/.gif

You can generate projects for many IDEs(visual studio, clion, eclipse, etc) and it's easy to learn, also u can use third party libraries. Of course you can speed your build for  your own project via 

,also there is alternatives for cmake  (premake5, meson, etc).

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 61
  • kekw 1
  • Eyes 1
  • Dislove 1
  • Think 3
  • Confused 1
  • Lmao 1
  • Good 3
  • Love 1
  • Love 17

• Honorable Member
11 hours ago, Hik said:

Thanks for posting it!
Thinking about it, what are the advantages for using windows instead of freebsd?
In addition to not having to use a virtual machine.

I saved you from shitty gdb, virtual servers and more. You can see what is wrong at source clearly. Breakpoint, call stack, etc..

• 4 months later...

Thanks for this post, bro, you really helped me. I am the entrepreneur and my programmer have read your article and solved the trouble with the server. I see that you rather competent and I wanted to ask you about the customizing salesforce CRM. Maybe you have heard about this soft. I am looking for a real expert that could help me to develop the custom soft for this CRM, can you recommend me, someone?

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I hope someone can help me. I compiled DB and game without problems.

Then i combined them with DB for mysql and locale from another SF. 

And everything is okay. Then i started my client, login is ok, but when the client go in the screen with the loading bar, a crash happened.

The only syserror i have is "wsagetlasterror returned 10054". I can't find why the client always crash, maybe im using a wrong DB? What can i do?

I used the test client 40k. I tried several other client and the result is the same. Sorry for bad english and thanks for the help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Honorable Member
On 11/10/2020 at 8:50 PM, Flourine said:

Any reupload?

Edited by Mali61
  • Metin2 Dev 49
  • Eyes 1
  • Dislove 1
  • Not Good 1
  • Think 1
  • Confused 2
  • Lmao 1
  • Good 7
  • Love 1
  • Love 29

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Honorable Member
38 minutes ago, [D]Emy said:

Somehow very hard to configurate if you are a beginner, yea it saves a lot of time/space/headaches, but for me... i can't figure it out and i am trying since 4 pm and its 8 and half pm now... 

If you are beginner, don't use this

Just now, Mali said:

If you are beginner, don't use this

I am not gonna do it, but i am really sick of switch VM's just because i have to compile on one, and run the server on another, hamachi doesn't allow internet connection, etc etc etc. This option should, somehow, fix my problem, compiling the game/db source on VS19 then uploading it and restarting the server. I've tried replacing files, folder by folder, but i ran into another problems which should not be discussed in this topic. 

On topic, really cool and you are helping this community a lot 🙂 Keep up the good work! Maybe I am not made to be good at this, i don't know... I'm just sad. 

• Metin2 Dev 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.