Anti DDoS Freebsd

• Premium

Try to install a CISCO router , or tell the ones from your hosting company  to install a firewall on 3306 port and change the port for your putty address. 

Or if you don't have ipfw.rules installed

Do it! 

Oh yes and a good method anti flood , is a good protection for serverinfo.py , you can crypt only serverinfo in your launcher with themida.

I mean this because they can just find your ports trough root .. so try to find something :)

Hope i helped you . Grazie

• Love 1

Try to install a CISCO router , or tell the ones from your hosting company  to install a firewall on 3306 port and change the port for your putty address. 

Do it! 

Oh yes and a good method anti flood , is a good protection for serverinfo.py , you can crypt only serverinfo in your launcher with themida.

I mean this because they can just find your ports trough root .. so try to find something :)

netstat -n in cmd

• Premium

It's impossible without a very high net speed (i mean multi-gigabit).

Your network speed is irrelevant

Do it! 

A CISCO router with DDoS mitigation capabilities costs a few thousand euros last time I checked That's why you host with a DDoS protected hosting instead.

ipfw rules? pf is much easier to configure

Also, you don't need to extract root at all to find out the IP & port of a server. Using a TCP monitor will do, or even just netstat.

ipfw add 5 allow tcp from any to me YOURPORT in via em0 setup limit src-addr 15
add this @/etc/ipfw.rules

firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_script="/etc/ipfw.rules"

add tihs @/etc/rc.conf

What's YOURPORT supposed to be? You mean to run that line for every port that is open I guess, but that's not helping much when you don't block the rest And why you assume his external interface is em0?

I posted a sample config for the pf firewall a while ago:

http://metin2dev.org/board/topic/51-pf-sample-config/

However, this will only stop some kinds of attacks. What you should do is get ddos protected hosting for your server. 

• Love 1

Do it! 

netstat -n in cmd

True, but there are a lot of kids that doesn't know that... I think if you want to prevent ddos you have to create a lot of systems of protections to defend against kids... you'll have no way agaisnt professionists I guess but in metin2 is hard to find a professionist ;)

• Premium

Do it! 

I mean this because they can just find your ports trough root .. so try to find something  :)

A CISCO router with DDoS mitigation capabilities costs a few thousand euros last time I checked That's why you host with a DDoS protected hosting instead.

ipfw rules? pf is much easier to configure

Also, you don't need to extract root at all to find out the IP & port of a server. Using a TCP monitor will do, or even just netstat.

I know what're you saying here, BUT there's a big but . I don't even have to know from where is this man .. and what money he got .. and some kind of this stuff , i just suggested what it's a good way to prevent "Hackers" .. and yes. .. a good way to prevent hackers is to search a good hosting company and ask them first for their services and what they can do for you.

Oh yes and with the netstat , sometimes it shows sometimes it doesn't .. and you need to have some brain to find those ports .. not only kid can find them ^-^ , am i right?