I need a few tutorials if possible

Hello, since i just started to learn some things about "metin2 development" i got to the point where i would like to add some items, like :

new pets ( i could add it as item, but mob seems to be in another world) -> how should i add it in client? i can't find any tutorial

how to add new weapon skins, mde/gr2 (no clue about any of them)

do i need some programs to add them into client? 

sorry for noobish asking, but i can't seem to find any tutorial about "texturing"

• Premium

In root/npclist.txt you write the vnum of mob + folder name

In mob_proto you create the vnum for the pet

In quest of pet_system you add the vnum of item and vnum of mob.

For weapons you have to create vnum in item_proto (database and client), and in locale/language/itemlist.txt you add the vnum and weapon location. To see an example search for 469 vnum.

Edited by Speachless
  • Love 1

Thanks for that, but i managed to get them as items,mobs in protos but i can't really get them into the game, i did add a pet which i can't summon with /m, neither can i polymorph into, but i can somehow use /mount_test id and i would ride it, i have no clue what i did mess up. i have no pet_system quest btw :lol:, although basic pets like khan, porkie, eweriel and those work just fine the one i added it's like a ghost, it offers the bonuses, the seal is here, but not the mob itself.

and for weapons i meant weapon costume, those 3d effects instead of classic skins, i could only find in foreign forums that them has to be added via binary source, but not a single tutorial on how to actually do it.

later edit: i managed to do it actually with the pet, i changed something from mob_proto instead of "stray_dog" i put his name, but after i changed it to stray_dog it works like a charm.

i still have no idea how to add the .mde skins, also no idea about classic gr2 items. for the rune sword (46x) i have it like that d:/ymir work/item/weapon/00460.gr2 

Edited by raNNNNNk
LE

I'm not sure if I understood you 100%,

But here is a really helpfull tutorial about adding new items (armors, costumes, haircuts ). It's in French but with google page translate you will have no problem reading it.

Link: here

Google translated page: here

Edited by Crital
Added translated link
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Crital said:

I'm not sure if I understood you 100%,

But here is a really helpfull tutorial about adding new items (armors, costumes, haircuts ). It's in French but with google page translate you will have no problem reading it.

Link: here

Google translated page: here

thanks, useful. i managed to play around with this and it's what i need.

i would still need the tutorial for animated weapons (.mde) if possible.. ?

• Love 1