Boss Spawn by server time

26 minutes ago, HITRON said:

I coded a System for that, if you would like to buy contact me.

You can set a Boss to spawn in a specific time / map / place with Notice to entire Game that starting 5 minutes before the Boss spawn.

No need to pay for a system.. But thanks for advertising your services in a question thread, that will definitely help users.

You have many ways of doing it. Some of these may include using lua to code a quest that does the job for you. You can either trigger it yourself or - if you have some stuff like the vanilla source (even old releases should have this) you can even trigger a server_timer to fire off once the boss should spawn. But this is just more convenient, you can also just login or let the quest trigger once a gm/player logs in for the first time. There are many ways to do this. As soon as you trigger spawn you can just re-use the timer.

Next you need to check if the mob already exists (not killed, so we won't spawn to instances of the mob). You can just do it via event flag for example but this is prone to err if your server crashes for some reason. So make sure you clear the event flag at the beginning of the quest so it doesn't get stuck. As soon as a player kills the boss, you can change the flag back and thus making it able to respawn it.

It's just one of many approaches to do it. Source work should do the magic too, but most people don't know how to do it so maybe lua is the easierst and safest way to go.

• Love 3

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

• Bronze

@Vanilla

I coded it with C++ there is not reason to use lua code for this, useless flags and functions that server core sends for use, I already coded the checks if the boss is dead before spawn again and working perfectly.

Maybe is possible with the functions that Vanilla Core already has to be done with quest, but someone who asking "How to do this" obviously he search for a ready Tutorial and he have no clue how to coding, so I'm just offering my services cause the system takes me some hours to be done and i don't feel to want to share it for free.

Thanks.

• Confused 1

• Forum Moderator
On 1/14/2020 at 7:41 PM, HITRON said:

I coded a System for that, if you would like to buy contact me.

You can set a Boss to spawn in a specific time / map / place / channel with Notice to entire Game that starting 5 minutes before the Boss spawn.

I would be glad if you could give advice to users instead of making an advertisement for your selling system.

Thank you.

Best regards
Raylee

• Love 1

On 1/14/2020 at 7:13 PM, Vanilla said:

No need to pay for a system.. But thanks for advertising your services in a question thread, that will definitely help users.

You have many ways of doing it. Some of these may include using lua to code a quest that does the job for you. You can either trigger it yourself or - if you have some stuff like the vanilla source (even old releases should have this) you can even trigger a server_timer to fire off once the boss should spawn. But this is just more convenient, you can also just login or let the quest trigger once a gm/player logs in for the first time. There are many ways to do this. As soon as you trigger spawn you can just re-use the timer.

Next you need to check if the mob already exists (not killed, so we won't spawn to instances of the mob). You can just do it via event flag for example but this is prone to err if your server crashes for some reason. So make sure you clear the event flag at the beginning of the quest so it doesn't get stuck. As soon as a player kills the boss, you can change the flag back and thus making it able to respawn it.

It's just one of many approaches to do it. Source work should do the magic too, but most people don't know how to do it so maybe lua is the easierst and safest way to go.

Ty vm Vanilla that help me allot ❤️ i was stuck with the part of cheking the mob but now i got it ty ? 

• Love 1