[QUESTION] Metin2 source files and compiling server for Win

Go to solution Solved by Sanchez,

Hello,

I recently downloaded the client/server source files from the web (which includes some tools ??) anyways, in the package I found several branches :

dev
dev_wolf_branch
mainline
mainline_cython
mainline_released
mainline_w2.0
mainline_w2.1
novaline

Which of those is the most recent revision,or should I say the most "functional"[novaline "server" has around 700mb compared to the others(70mb,400,etc)]. I plan on using Microsoft's visual studio 2010 professional to compile.

Starting next month I will be a Student, majoring in Computer Science, so I want to learn C++, compilers, server-client stuff, and I tought this server would be the best to start doing just that.

My last question is : could you guide me on how to compile this for windows..what libraries should I include for win,etc.

Thank you,

Daniel.

Mainline = Server

Novaline = Client ".exe"

for all compile without problem using Visual Studio 2008 SP1

Thank you for your quick answer, the thing is in novaline as in mainline i have 2 folders named "client" and "server" so what you are saying is that I should use mainline srcs to compile server only and novaline for client ?

Mainline = Server

Novaline = Client ".exe"

for all compile without problem using Visual Studio 2008 SP1

Thank you for your quick answer, the thing is in novaline as in mainline i have 2 folders named "client" and "server" so what you are saying is that I should use mainline srcs to compile server only and novaline for client ?

Yes

• Love 1

#personal advise

DO NOT USE VISUAL STUDIO 2010 OR 2012

they got problems with the C++ compiler

look

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/8da5dd69-67d3-4c80-b3a3-71e455bc746d/include-initializerlist-broken?forum=vcgeneral

holy..... thanks man, you just saved me from a lot of trouble .

• Love 1

• Premium
  • Solution

#personal advise

DO NOT USE VISUAL STUDIO 2010 OR 2012

they got problems with the C++ compiler

look

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/8da5dd69-67d3-4c80-b3a3-71e455bc746d/include-initializerlist-broken?forum=vcgeneral

Please...Don't write posts like this if you don't even know what it is. I'm currently using Visual Studio 2013 without any problems, and my friends using 2012/2010.

@daniel1919:

novaline - Contains the new quest groupping system on server and client side.
dev_wolf_branch - A developer line for the upcoming class, "wolfman"
dev - Client in default contains the python 2.7
mainline - exactly same with the novaline, but not contains the new quest groupping system

Compatible lines (sure you can use every server for every binary, but you have to change the different packets):

mainline server/novaline client
dev server/novaline client
novaline server/novaline client

Recommended line:

mainline for server, novaline for client
  • Love 1