Sign in to follow this  
Dean

sh Execute quests without changing directory

Hi there,

I hope this thread finds you all well.
The reason of this thread is mainly the fact I grew tired of having to change the directory and executing a quest with ./qc quest_name.quest every single time, well not every single time, but you know the lines you need to go through while updating quests.

Attached to this post you will find a shell script which its sole purpose is to take away that heavy load of you having to type cd /usr/home/share/locale/... && ./qc quest_name.quest every damn time. :D 

All you need to do is copy the file provided in /usr/bin and set file's permissions on 777.

Now before you go bananas there are a few adjustments needed, so follow my lead.
Open the quest file and change the following to reflect the path to your quest folder(i.e: /usr/home/game/share/locale/germany/quest)

#!/bin/sh
get_locale="arkadia" # locale name goes here
get_name="ARKADIA2" # Server name goes here
dean_path="/usr/arkadia2" # do not add a forward slash (/) at the end of this variable
quest_path="$dean_path/share/locale/$get_locale/quest"

Save your progress and now start a SSH session and after logging you will call this script by typing quest and it should look something like this:

38f901a5cbd400bdb21603b62c8c18c5.png

Now you can go bananas on this! :lol: 

If you have questions or suggestions in regards of the above, leave a reply to this thread as usual.

Cheers!

quest

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, ragem0re said:

So.. where is it? :lol:

I only realized that whilst editing a different topic. :lol:

The file is now attached to the thread.