Starting with MT2 // newcomer questions

Hey,because most of SFs are outdated and 90% of links are removed i want to start from the bottom,with 40k SF (idk which one is better,40250 or 40424 or 40267,is there anyone who can tell the difference?)but without lycan.I need clean 40k without lycan and there are many people asking for source binary code or smthng like that which i dont understand.(Cuz from YT tutorials i just saw people downloading 8gb vdi files which are probably already compiled MT2 Server files,right ?)

So i just wanted after spending hours looking for good tutorial in english.

- Which SF is best to start ? I get it that its probably 40k because 34k is outdated and newer are hard to find,but which from the 40250,40424,40267 if i dont want lycan in ? + if somebody has clean link that is not outdated,i would be grateful !

- How does this whole thing work,you work in C++ or python and then you compile it to .vdi and you run virtualbox and thats it ? + If there is good english tutorial for it,please!

Thanks!

• Love 1

7 hours ago, unnamed said:

Hey,because most of SFs are outdated and 90% of links are removed i want to start from the bottom,with 40k SF (idk which one is better,40250 or 40424 or 40267,is there anyone who can tell the difference?)but without lycan.I need clean 40k without lycan and there are many people asking for source binary code or smthng like that which i dont understand.(Cuz from YT tutorials i just saw people downloading 8gb vdi files which are probably already compiled MT2 Server files,right ?)

So i just wanted after spending hours looking for good tutorial in english.

- Which SF is best to start ? I get it that its probably 40k because 34k is outdated and newer are hard to find,but which from the 40250,40424,40267 if i dont want lycan in ? + if somebody has clean link that is not outdated,i would be grateful !

- How does this whole thing work,you work in C++ or python and then you compile it to .vdi and you run virtualbox and thats it ? + If there is good english tutorial for it,please!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there are not many tutorials like that.
Lycan can be easily disabled in any source. There are leaked sources from Ymir/Webzen somewhere on the internet and people build upon them or build their own sources from scratch(What is complicated to me as well to understand how).
Basically, source uses C++ scripting language on both sides - Like Serverside, so is Clientside.
On side of the server, you compile it to 2 binaries(database and game) - Which you can find usually /usr/home/game or /usr/home/database - but you can put them anywhere you want(Don't forget to link them in your starting script of the server)
On side of the client, it's only the .exe file as far as I know.
People are trying to have the newest one version(which is not necessarily better than the older one) but to implement new stuff you need a new core too.
Python is more like the surface of the client - position of the graphics etc.(I may not be right if so correct me, please)
Also, there is language called LUA for quests.
I hope I pointed some major things you asked and wish you good luck on your journey.
Also If anyone wants to add something more, I would be glad, because I'm interested in it too.

3 hours ago, Denny2399 said:

Unfortunately, there are not many tutorials like that.
Lycan can be easily disabled in any source. There are leaked sources from Ymir/Webzen somewhere on the internet and people build upon them or build their own sources from scratch(What is complicated to me as well to understand how).
Basically, source uses C++ scripting language on both sides - Like Serverside, so is Clientside.
On side of the server, you compile it to 2 binaries(database and game) - Which you can find usually /usr/home/game or /usr/home/database - but you can put them anywhere you want(Don't forget to link them in your starting script of the server)
On side of the client, it's only the .exe file as far as I know.
People are trying to have the newest one version(which is not necessarily better than the older one) but to implement new stuff you need a new core too.
Python is more like the surface of the client - position of the graphics etc.(I may not be right if so correct me, please)
Also, there is language called LUA for quests.
I hope I pointed some major things you asked and wish you good luck on your journey.
Also If anyone wants to add something more, I would be glad, because I'm interested in it too.

Learning C++ is something i wanted to do before,so im glad to hear that.So now i have to found source for metin2 server & client? Like this ? 

Ofc i want something with source cuz without source you cant add new things into games,right ? (I dont mean items or armor/weapons type of sh*t)

Is this the ideal file to start with ? And is it still best choice to go with 40k files ? Cuz there is this guy with 71k. 

*Sorry for my dumb questions lol.

On 6/30/2018 at 10:23 PM, unnamed said:

Learning C++ is something i wanted to do before,so im glad to hear that.So now i have to found source for metin2 server & client? Like this ? 

Ofc i want something with source cuz without source you cant add new things into games,right ? (I dont mean items or armor/weapons type of sh*t)

Is this the ideal file to start with ? And is it still best choice to go with 40k files ? Cuz there is this guy with 71k. 

*Sorry for my dumb questions lol.

Not a problem buddy, everyone has to start somewhere. Well most of the people are using 40k these days and someone told me that vanilla core is bad(no offense). But that's an opinion. Also vanilla doesn't have makefiles done, so it is a bit complex to compile.(I didn't succeed so imagine how much I know about these things xd)
I would start with: Fliege Files "Reworked"

Those are fliege's files, they say they are clean and I think 60k version(not sure) - I'm now testing them out too.
But he has vdi ready to compile there.. you can just load that up and if you change something there and compile you can easily move it to your game folder and replace current game/db.. Your game can be on newer version of fbsd and you just move those files from one system to another.
Lunia-Network files are also nice, but I've found some faults like some systems were not implemented fully.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:15 PM, Denny2399 said:

Not a problem buddy, everyone has to start somewhere. Well most of the people are using 40k these days and someone told me that vanilla core is bad(no offense). But that's an opinion. Also vanilla doesn't have makefiles done, so it is a bit complex to compile.(I didn't succeed so imagine how much I know about these things xd)
I would start with: Fliege Files "Reworked"

Those are fliege's files, they say they are clean and I think 60k version(not sure) - I'm now testing them out too.
But he has vdi ready to compile there.. you can just load that up and if you change something there and compile you can easily move it to your game folder and replace current game/db.. Your game can be on newer version of fbsd and you just move those files from one system to another.
Lunia-Network files are also nice, but I've found some faults like some systems were not implemented fully.

So i downloaded them and put vdi file into Virtualbox,then logged with root/pass and then nothing happens.I guess i have to join it into some kind of IP so i can join into IP with FIlezilla and client later on,right ?Cause i saw a lots of vids already and with Daroo files Virtualbox asked you for IP literally after you logged into Virtualboox root.Can you help me via skype or something ? Im making stupid little mistakes that can be explained in 1 sentence.

Btw. i had problem with this.Do you think i need realtek family controller or i can use the mentioned one ? Thanks!

//edit 

Typed ifconfig,got IP from it ending with .101 but i cant join with filezilla (

Response:    fzSftp started, protocol_version=8
Command:    open "[email protected]" 22
Error:    Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:    Could not connect to server

)

Bridged adapter im using is still Qualcomm Atheros.

//edit 2

I tried to configure it through sysinstall and changed IP to one in hamachi(ofc changed ending to .100),changed adapter to Hamachi but i found something strange.Filezilla cant connect into virtualbox but WinSCP can.

When i try to join in fillezilla virtualbox sends this - "host sshd : fatal: matching cipher is not supported: [email protected] (preuth)

On 7/3/2018 at 1:51 PM, unnamed said:

So i downloaded them and put vdi file into Virtualbox,then logged with root/pass and then nothing happens.I guess i have to join it into some kind of IP so i can join into IP with FIlezilla and client later on,right ?Cause i saw a lots of vids already and with Daroo files Virtualbox asked you for IP literally after you logged into Virtualboox root.Can you help me via skype or something ? Im making stupid little mistakes that can be explained in 1 sentence.

Btw. i had problem with this.Do you think i need realtek family controller or i can use the mentioned one ? Thanks!

//edit 

Typed ifconfig,got IP from it ending with .101 but i cant join with filezilla (

Response:    fzSftp started, protocol_version=8
Command:    open "[email protected]" 22
Error:    Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:    Could not connect to server

)

Bridged adapter im using is still Qualcomm Atheros.

//edit 2

I tried to configure it through sysinstall and changed IP to one in hamachi(ofc changed ending to .100),changed adapter to Hamachi but i found something strange.Filezilla cant connect into virtualbox but WinSCP can.

When i try to join in fillezilla virtualbox sends this - "host sshd : fatal: matching cipher is not supported: [email protected] (preuth)

Hey, sorry for a late response, I was busy. We can surely figure this out through skype, just pm me your nick :)