New servers,all have the same problem.

soparlaa1

Hello everyone!

I saw even in this forum there are new private servers presentation,all looks the same,or others looks like another game,not metin.The beta items,costumes,pets,mounts,crystal energy and other had changed the beautiful of this game named Metin2.

I'm playing metin2 for 4-5 years... this year i just waited for a privat server that i would like,but no succes..The ''core'' of metin has been changed by gameforge,i mean when they made beta items,lv 105 and this weird maps and tons of costumes,hair style ..

In my opinion this game need to stay like it is i mean simple but good.The ''new items'' but now old like the king armour, the lunar sword,or the imperial helm and accesories were the items i liked the most and i tink everybody does,those items means metin, not the new item that we have now..Also the skills now are so easy to make,the bonus on items is easy to put and to get i mean from shop or item-shop.

I remember 3-4 years ago about a privat server that i played..it was hard,very hard no bonus add or change,no books for skils,no soul stone or exorcism scrol in shops..there were just low lv items +9 in shop,money were precious and you were working for them farming clams v2 v3 or red forest.Skills were hard to make but who  had G or P was ''someone'' on that server.

So let me say one more time the opinion of a metin2 player,don't make this game be like another game,keep it simple,keep it Metin2!

Hello everyone!

I saw even in this forum there are new private servers presentation,all looks the same,or others looks like another game,not metin.The beta items,costumes,pets,mounts,crystal energy and other had changed the beautiful of this game named Metin2.

I'm playing metin2 for 4-5 years... this year i just waited for a privat server that i would like,but no succes..The ''core'' of metin has been changed by gameforge,i mean when they made beta items,lv 105 and this weird maps and tons of costumes,hair style ..

In my opinion this game need to stay like it is i mean simple but good.The ''new items'' but now old like the king armour, the lunar sword,or the imperial helm and accesories were the items i liked the most and i tink everybody does,those items means metin, not the new item that we have now..Also the skills now are so easy to make,the bonus on items is easy to put and to get i mean from shop or item-shop.

I remember 3-4 years ago about a privat server that i played..it was hard,very hard no bonus add or change,no books for skils,no soul stone or exorcism scrol in shops..there were just low lv items +9 in shop,money were precious and you were working for them farming clams v2 v3 or red forest.Skills were hard to make but who  had G or P was ''someone'' on that server.

So let me say one more time the opinion of a metin2 player,don't make this game be like another game,keep it simple,keep it Metin2!

Do you remember the name of the server you played? It may have been one of mine or one that I played on too.

Hello everyone!

Do you remember the name of the server you played? It may have been one of mine or one that I played on too.

Yes, the name of the server was Newlongju i tink it was open betwen 2008-2009.

• Love 1

A true oldschool server?

That is not a good idea. .

Well..i tink it will work if you make some changes.. let's say that you can make it very hard if you don't put add-change bonus or books+exorcism scrool on shops and add them to bosses and metins with very low rate to drop ,also if you remake the evolutions and the final to be king and lunar sword (really want to see those items back on their ''glory days''),for accesories a system to make the best i tink will be interesting let's say 2 shilds 61+9 +money to make 1 lv 80 shild+0 that gives monster or half-human on its basic status..and so much others :P.

Imagination is the thing wich limit the world of metin ^^.

• Premium

You're describing WoM pretty much. We took the official gameplay, made it a bit easier, stripped it from some pay2win elements, and added a bunch of new features.

It's not easy for a hard server to success, most players thinking will be "I might as well play official, at least it won't close". So besides making it hard, you have to add your own innovative content to avoid that feeling of "doing the same shit all over" players get on hard servers.

Another point to consider is that MMORPG as a whole have changed and pure grinding is going out of fashion. 

• Love 2

You're describing WoM pretty much. We took the official gameplay, made it a bit easier, stripped it from some pay2win elements, and added a bunch of new features.

It's not easy for a hard server to success, most players thinking will be "I might as well play official, at least it won't close". So besides making it hard, you have to add your own innovative content to avoid that feeling of "doing the same shit all over" players get on hard servers.

Another point to consider is that MMORPG as a whole have changed and pure grinding is going out of fashion. 

I played WoM but .. i got boared pretty fast,nothing personal but we have a bunch of private servers with beta items .. pets..costumes..crystal system..I like your event system but i tink this is all i like,considering all private servers we have now is a good privat server.

I tink i will come back to WoM for a time.. i don't have what to do..i'm so boared.. ;)

• Premium

I played WoM but .. i got boared pretty fast,nothing personal but we have a bunch of private servers with beta items .. pets..costumes..crystal system..I like your event system but i tink this is all i like,considering all private servers we have now is a good privat server.

I tink i will come back to WoM for a time.. i don't have what to do..i'm so boared.. ;)

The thread is not about WoM but since you mention it; I don't know when you played but WoM has evolved a lot over time from being a 1:1 copy of official, to being almost what people call a middleschool server. Not to mention it has tripled its player count since we opened. So if you played long ago and you come back you may find something quite different.

• Premium

WoM is illegal copy of Metin2.sg!

The thread is not about WoM but since you mention it; I don't know when you played but WoM has evolved a lot over time from being a 1:1 copy of official, to being almost what people call a middleschool server. Not to mention it has tripled its player count since we opened. So if you played long ago and you come back you may find something quite different.

• Premium

WoM is illegal copy of Metin2.sg!

As opposed to your server which of course is fully licensed by Ymir.

http://metin2dev.org/board/topic/163-the-truth-about-metin2-sg/?hl=truth+about

Read this and don't believe everything people tell you, particularly if that people are script kiddies like Dulaan and Exsta. Metin2 SG is the biggest scam in the history of Metin2. That's why it's dead now.

• Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

These are all nice and good, but not for everyone. Remember that Metin2 is now about 10 years old, which is quite a long time, just a very few games make interest in such a long time. Computers are getting better, game productors are also getting better, and this game also have to take its part in this competition. 

I also remember that time when I was a newbie and every little thing excited me. But that time is gone. The standard gameplay bores me so much that I can't play more than an hour on a server, and a lot of people feels the same. 

Of course there are many people who always liked the standard gameplay and they won't change their mind, but most of the players are changing. Veteran players who get bored by it leaves, and some new ones are coming instead of them. The number changes just a little. 

But what about those veteran players who left the game finally? Wouldn't they come back if they'd find something that is radically new for them, and which could excite them like in the old times? Many of them are waiting such a server like that. 

I and my team are receiving many letters from our future players containing their personal opinions about this topic, and many of them finished with Metin2 a long time ago, but they are still waiting for us, because we are making a totally newschool server with such unique developments which most of the oldschool servers wouldn't accept, because these don't fit for the oldschool gameplay. And I think it's totally allright.

We need oldschool servers just as much as newschools. Everyone has their own taste; who likes the standard gameplay will visit the oldschool servers, and who wants something radical will play on the newschool ones, and this is the best way. The developers are also preparing their servers to their own image, and their audition are having a very similar taste like theirs.

We don't have to discuss so much which one is better, I think there isn't a better one. Each of them has their own advantages and disadvantages, and both of them can be really successful or also can fail early. Everything's up to the developers and the way they imagine and make it.

• Love 4