mysql_query vs pc.setqf

MySQL is usually the bottleneck, but in your case, the problem is in neither.

First: is it better to use setqf or mysql_query? setqf, no doubt. It's cached from the server side. But in the case of a complex pet system, it's probably easier to use mysql_query. You may lose performance using mysql_query, but it also may be easier to understand and develop than tons quest flags (For example, with a pet table). You decide what you think is better, I don't think using mysql_query is a bad idea here.

But as I tell you, it's not your problem. Where's the delay then?

a ) 50% In your quest receiving mount/dismount commands.

b ) 50% In YMIR's terrible pet mounts implementation.

And sadly you can't fix a ) nor b ) unless you compile your own core (and do the appropiate changes).

• Love 1

We didn't see any performance downgrade no. Probably having many loops executed every second can be problematic, but if you space them enough, say 1 minute, the server usually handles them good enough (Although of course it depends on what you are doing when the timer is ran, and if it has a high server load, but well, that's unlikely. The timers running by theirselves don't present any special load, that's what I meant).

• Love 1