[ Dead Download Link ] Vanilla Core 2.4.1 [ We Need You ]

Vanilla

New edits on changelog and version 2.4 released!!!

### Changelog vanilla revision 54180 ###

Also known as version 2.4

* stands for changes

+ stands for additional content or features

- stands for removed things

-> general <-

* changed compiler to gcc 4.9 released version

* changed some optimization flags to make it even more faster!

* upgraded boost to version 1.55

* upgraded cryptopp to 5.6.2

+ added qc in the bundle! Further versions will now also update qc file!

-> qc changes <-

* changed compiler to gcc49 and added some tuning in the compiler flags! Now qc will be faster and smaller than before!

-> liblua <-

Note: Upgrade to lua 5.2 is now shifted away into a future versions since there's still a lot to do.

* Recompiled with gcc 4.9

* Made some slight changes to make the lualib more compatible to newer versions

-> gameplay improvements <-

+ Installed advanced spam protection to stop people saying the same stuff over and over. It can be activated

* game master will now have the same waiting time when switching bonuses than users

* unknown packet headers won't let the user disconnect; instead the packet will just be dropped and ignored. Still pending test! This should lead into a more stable behavior

+ New skill flags implemented:

SKILL_ATTR_TYPE_FIRE

SKILL_ATTR_TYPE_ICE

SKILL_ATTR_TYPE_ELEC

SKILL_ATTR_TYPE_DARK

By now the new skill flags will still do magic damage but they won't be affected by POINT_RESIST_MAGIC, instead they'll have their own defense bonus like RESIST_DARK to counter them. You CAN use them, but you're not force to use the new skill flags. Still further testing needed.

-> bugfixes <-

* fixed immunity bug

* fixed some bugs with CONFIG options that couldn't be recognize nor work properly

* fixed a bug where people could cause a yang overflow with shops

* fixed a bug where sometimes the anti-overflow-mechanism leads people into starting with maximum gold

* Fixed the prisma glass system

- removed polymorph bonus since it's just buggy and won't work for most char classes

-> CONFIG options <-

+ The following CONFIG-options were added:

empire_chat: 1/0
Enables the global chat! Disabled by default.
bigger_inventory: 1/0
Allows the use of up to 4 inventory slots

Be careful with this options as you'll have to edit your client too! If you don't have 4 pages in your client installed, then don't activate this feature!
trade_effect: 1/0
Enables a effect that'll occur when people are traing stuff. Enabled by default.
ban_force_reason: 1/0
This lets the ban-command only work when you're giving a reason. Disabled by default.

start_gold: long int

Let's players start with a custom amount of gold. Default: 0.

view_equip_for_all: 1/0

Let's player view equip of others! Disabled by default.

view_equip_sp_cost: int

Sets the cost of using view_equip. This is in % so if you type in 30 then it'll cost 30% of the players maximum sp. Default: 0.

glass_enable: 1/0

Enables the prisma glass-system to print your items in the chat. Disabled by default.

glass_needed: 1/0

Sets if you need a glass for using the prisma glass-system or not. Enabled by default.

trade_effect_exchange_threshold: int

Sets the threshold to create another effect when making an exchange. Default: 500000. This means, that every 500000 gold traded away there'll be another fly effect created

trade_effect_shop_threshold: int

Same as trade_effect_exchange_threshold; This points to buying items in shops. Default: 100000000.

-> Quest functions <-

+ pc.block_exp()

+ pc.unblock_exp()

They may be quite popular right now. This lets the player not receive any exp anymore. The unblock function removes this effect. It's for a working anti-exp ring.

+ item.equip()

Equips the selected item

+ npc.select()

Selects a new npc as the current quest npc. Similar to the pc.select-function

+ pc.get_id()

Prints out the id from the player

* pc.get_account_id()

Now works with a new table entry from the player-table so it won't query nor use anything else. It'll be faster than before!

-> commands <-

* ban command reworked.

Now works properly and bans the given player. But additionally, this command is also able to read a reason given.

/ban PLAYERNAME [REASON]

+ unban

Unbans a player and reverts the ban effects.

/unban PLAYERNAME

Release: http://www.multiupload.nl/TKIAX8TOIJ

password: vanilla

note! Please always test newer versions of vanilla first in a test environment!!

What's cooking for 2.5?

-> qc will be able to handle more errors

-> Allowing global definitions in qc; Also trying to get rid of the binding system so you can write quests more flexible

-> Allowing the server to create routines that'll run while the server is running so they aren't bound to players to trigger them; Instead the server will trigger them

-> Again I'm trying to implement the new lua upgrade, but if it won't work, I'll instead make use of some patches to fix problems with the old lua and even add new statements

-> Improving readline function so lua will eben be able to read shortenings like using "fu" instead of "function".

• Love 12

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

Hi, inventory problem Vanilla 2.4

image Vanilla 2.3

https://metin2.download/picture/r3F9504x09DVmF8K988YXgTtGTP6KMUj/.gif

image Vanilla2.4

https://metin2.download/picture/r3F9504x09DVmF8K988YXgTtGTP6KMUj/.gif

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

HOSTNAME: channel1_1
AsyncSQL: connected to localhost (reconnect 1)
CommonSQL connected
Setting Locale "romania" (Path: locale/romania)
Setting DB to locale latin2
AsyncSQL: connected to localhost (reconnect 1)
PlayerSQL connected
LogSQL connected
EMPIRE_CHAT: 1
TRADE_EFFECT: 1
BAN_FORCE_REASON: 1
START_GOLD: 4
GLASS_ENABLE: 1
TRADE_EFFECT_EXCHANGE_THRESHOLD: 600000
BIGGER_INVENTORY: 0
~~~> VANILLA project rev54180 <~~~

2wrlx80.jpg

same here

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Developer

@PACI player id is totally different from account id :)

Please, read my comment again, and you'll see I wasn't talking about pc.get_account_id().

@ThoseWhoHaveTheInventoryProblem did you even tried to write 1 instead 0? Maybe that config is 1 for deactive, 0 for active.

when you return 0 and server doesn't boot:

unknown.png

Guys..

I can't do the client part for you too

The game is made to handle 4 inventory pages but of course you need to make some client stuff too! If you don't have this stuff done, it's impossible to use the new slots and you'll have bugs.

With the id confusion: Yep, maybe you're right, there's already a function for that, but my new function is faster and smaller. It's made to create less server load than the old one. I'm gonna merge the two functions in the next version and just make one out of it.

And yes, they're also in the other rev's but I'm gonna improve them, not making new ones ouf of them (see the pc.get_account_id() which I improved and not made a new one).

Same will go to the other functions. My main goal is to make them smaller and faster so you can use them more often without creating queries or stuff.

tl;dr: You need to adapt your client if you're using 4 inventory pages! Otherwise don't enable the feature!

The new created function will replace the old function, it's there for testing purpose and if it's working, it'll be merged into the old function. I just wanted to have the old one if the new function makes any problems.

If you want the client stuff: http://metin2dev.org/board/topic/791-metin2-4-inventory-page/

• Love 2

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

Guys..

I can't do the client part for you too

The game is made to handle 4 inventory pages but of course you need to make some client stuff too! If you don't have this stuff done, it's impossible to use the new slots and you'll have bugs.

With the id confusion: Yep, maybe you're right, there's already a function for that, but my new function is faster and smaller. It's made to create less server load than the old one. I'm gonna merge the two functions in the next version and just make one out of it.

And yes, they're also in the other rev's but I'm gonna improve them, not making new ones ouf of them (see the pc.get_account_id() which I improved and not made a new one).

Same will go to the other functions. My main goal is to make them smaller and faster so you can use them more often without creating queries or stuff.

tl;dr: You need to adapt your client if you're using 4 inventory pages! Otherwise don't enable the feature!

The new created function will replace the old function, it's there for testing purpose and if it's working, it'll be merged into the old function. I just wanted to have the old one if the new function makes any problems.

If you want the client stuff: http://metin2dev.org/board/topic/791-metin2-4-inventory-page/

How would I disable?