Black Desert

Chun-Chun

Black desert  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion about this upcoming mmorpg?

• Looks awesome!
    • Looks promising!
    • Meh...
    • Not that good.
    • This game sucks.

bdo-open-beta.jpg

The official Open Beta for Korean version of Black Desert Online is scheduled to go live on December 17th. The Korean version of Black Desert Online will be Free To Play with Cash Shop system. I've listed the upcoming schedule below along with early character creation and download information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NodyjxdidMU

Above you will find the new trailer showing off character creation and Black Desert's fast-paced action combat! It looks like no new classes playable during the OBT and the chances of that happening looks slim with the new trailer above showing the basic four. I believe the new characters will be available next year as new areas are unlocked. Open Beta will be limited to the areas in the previous test and new areas will unlock during the 1st Quarter of 2015 and another area during the 3rd Quarter of 2015.

war2.jpg

New Content and Changes

-Added New NPC Gestures and Voices

-New Starting Village Olbia

-New Area Mediah the Trade Nation

-PVP is now LEVEL 50

-Trade System Changes

-Some Fishing Stuff

-Gathering time decreased

-Death penalties decreased (?)

-Guild System Changes

-Changes in Knowledge System

-New Achievements and Titles

-Adventure Log or Player Journal

-Channels System (If there are too many players.)

Developer: PearlAbyss

Publisher: Daum

Game Site: http://black.daum.net

Unlike CBT, the OBT will be IP BLOCKED and it requires to activate your account through a korean phone. So if you want to take part in it, better start searching for a KR friend. You can also purcahse an account from here.

Content copyrights owned by Steparu.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1

After many problems with the client i was able to finally make my char. Here it is:

15-955b10ee-large.jpg21-52f430d8-large.jpg

20-0527a10b-large.jpg

How is yours :D?

I made it on a randoom server, since i will change to the first server once it opens back on 17.

Also don't forget that the game launches on 17, so just 4 more days :P

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1

The IP block has been lifted today, so you don't need a vpn anymore.

All you need is an activated account :P

I don't recommend it, but if you don't have any korean friends, you can buy an account for 8-10$ from some websites.

Good luck :P

EDIT: Might repeat myself, but the account progress from OBT won't be deleted.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing on the KR version for over a month and i must say that i am quite dissapointed. With every update the game went further away from its initial concept, to please the soft-core korean players. The korean version of this game can't be called a mmo anymore. It`s just a nice solo game. 

If you want to read more about this you can do so here or in many other thread from that community.

There is still hope, since PA said that the NA & EU version will be different, and the KR one was changed to appeal to the koreans. But the Russian version is the most promosing so far since the publisher gave us concrete answers.

• 3 weeks later...