Source discussions, questions, answers

It depends on the environment.

The makefiles are like the ones ymir uses since these are stolen branches.

Vanilla project isn't closed yet.

I'm still having a small issue. I jumped from the old gcc4.2 to gcc4.8

I'm already done recompiling and adjusting the code of the dependent libraries like libthecore, etc.

But still there's something bothering.

When I compile the src everything works without any problems. It compiles the whole code without any error (just some small warnings but they aren't really big; compiling works). But when it links the files there are some reference errors:

linking ../vanilla_rmt2_32....
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `DESC::Packet(void const*, int)':
/src/desc.cpp:465: undefined reference to `buffer_write(buffer*, void const*, int)'
/src/desc.cpp:467: undefined reference to `buffer_read_peek(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:468: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:477: undefined reference to `buffer_write_peek(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `__packet_encode':
/src/protocol.h:50: undefined reference to `buffer_has_space(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `DESC::Packet(void const*, int)':
/src/desc.cpp:524: undefined reference to `buffer_delete(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `__packet_encode':
/src/protocol.h:57: undefined reference to `buffer_write(buffer*, void const*, int)'
/src/protocol.h:57: undefined reference to `buffer_write(buffer*, void const*, int)'
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `DESC::ProcessInput()':
/src/desc.cpp:291: undefined reference to `buffer_adjust_size(buffer*, int)'
/src/desc.cpp:292: undefined reference to `buffer_has_space(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:292: undefined reference to `buffer_write_peek(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:299: undefined reference to `buffer_write_proceed(buffer*, int)'
/src/desc.cpp:315: undefined reference to `buffer_read_proceed(buffer*, int)'
/src/desc.cpp:313: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:313: undefined reference to `buffer_read_peek(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:319: undefined reference to `buffer_read_proceed(buffer*, int)'
/src/desc.cpp:307: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:307: undefined reference to `buffer_read_peek(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `DESC::ProcessOutput()':
/src/desc.cpp:387: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:395: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:400: undefined reference to `buffer_read_peek(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:411: undefined reference to `buffer_read_proceed(buffer*, int)'
/src/desc.cpp:413: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `DESC::BufferedPacket(void const*, int)':
/src/desc.cpp:426: undefined reference to `buffer_new(int)'
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `DESC::LargePacket(void const*, int)':
/src/desc.cpp:534: undefined reference to `buffer_adjust_size(buffer*, int)'
/src/desc.cpp:535: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `DESC::Destroy()':
/src/desc.cpp:135: undefined reference to `buffer_delete(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:136: undefined reference to `buffer_delete(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `DESC::Setup(fdwatch*, int, sockaddr_in const&, unsigned int, unsigned int)':
/src/desc.cpp:240: undefined reference to `buffer_new(int)'
/src/desc.cpp:243: undefined reference to `buffer_new(int)'
/src/desc.cpp:275: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `DESC::FlushOutput()':
/src/desc.cpp:782: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:791: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:793: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/desc.cpp:850: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc.o: In function `DESC::BufferedPacket(void const*, int)':
/src/desc.cpp:428: undefined reference to `buffer_write(buffer*, void const*, int)'
OBJDIR/input_auth.o: In function `CInputAuth::auth_OpenID(char const*, char const*, char*)':
/src/input_auth.cpp:393: undefined reference to `socket_timeout(int, long, long)'
OBJDIR/input_main.o: In function `CInputMain::SyncPosition(CHARACTER*, char const*, unsigned int)':
/src/input_main.cpp:1829: undefined reference to `buffer_write_peek(buffer*)'
/src/input_main.cpp:1830: undefined reference to `buffer_write_proceed(buffer*, int)'
/src/input_main.cpp:1934: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/input_main.cpp:1937: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/input_main.cpp:1939: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/input_main.cpp:1939: undefined reference to `buffer_read_peek(buffer*)'
/src/input_main.cpp:1930: undefined reference to `buffer_write(buffer*, void const*, int)'
OBJDIR/main.o: In function `io_loop(fdwatch*)':
/src/main.cpp:982: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
/src/main.cpp:963: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc_client.o: In function `CLIENT_DESC::DBPacketHeader(unsigned char, unsigned int, unsigned int)':
/src/desc_client.cpp:253: undefined reference to `buffer_write(buffer*, void const*, int)'
/src/desc_client.cpp:254: undefined reference to `buffer_write(buffer*, void const*, int)'
OBJDIR/desc_client.o: In function `CLIENT_DESC::DBPacket(unsigned char, unsigned int, void const*, unsigned int)':
/src/desc_client.cpp:265: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc_client.o: In function `CLIENT_DESC::SetPhase(int)':
/src/desc_client.cpp:229: undefined reference to `buffer_reset(buffer*)'
/src/desc_client.cpp:232: undefined reference to `buffer_reset(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc_client.o: In function `CLIENT_DESC::InitializeBuffers()':
/src/desc_client.cpp:336: undefined reference to `buffer_new(int)'
/src/desc_client.cpp:337: undefined reference to `buffer_new(int)'
OBJDIR/desc_client.o: In function `CLIENT_DESC::DBPacketHeader(unsigned char, unsigned int, unsigned int)':
/src/desc_client.cpp:255: undefined reference to `buffer_write(buffer*, void const*, int)'
OBJDIR/desc_client.o: In function `CLIENT_DESC::DBPacket(unsigned char, unsigned int, void const*, unsigned int)':
/src/desc_client.cpp:269: undefined reference to `buffer_write(buffer*, void const*, int)'
OBJDIR/desc_client.o: In function `CLIENT_DESC::Packet(void const*, int)':
/src/desc_client.cpp:279: undefined reference to `buffer_write(buffer*, void const*, int)'
OBJDIR/desc_p2p.o: In function `DESC_P2P::SetPhase(int)':
/src/desc_p2p.cpp:62: undefined reference to `buffer_reset(buffer*)'
/src/desc_p2p.cpp:65: undefined reference to `buffer_reset(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/desc_p2p.o: In function `DESC_P2P::Setup(fdwatch*, int, char const*, unsigned short)':
/src/desc_p2p.cpp:36: undefined reference to `buffer_new(int)'
/src/desc_p2p.cpp:39: undefined reference to `buffer_new(int)'
OBJDIR/buffer_manager.o: In function `TEMP_BUFFER::TEMP_BUFFER(int, bool)':
/src/buffer_manager.cpp:11: undefined reference to `buffer_new(int)'
OBJDIR/buffer_manager.o: In function `TEMP_BUFFER::~TEMP_BUFFER()':
/src/buffer_manager.cpp:16: undefined reference to `buffer_delete(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/buffer_manager.o: In function `TEMP_BUFFER::read_peek()':
/src/buffer_manager.cpp:21: undefined reference to `buffer_read_peek(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/buffer_manager.o: In function `TEMP_BUFFER::write(void const*, int)':
/src/buffer_manager.cpp:26: undefined reference to `buffer_write(buffer*, void const*, int)'
OBJDIR/buffer_manager.o: In function `TEMP_BUFFER::size()':
/src/buffer_manager.cpp:31: undefined reference to `buffer_size(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/buffer_manager.o: In function `TEMP_BUFFER::reset()':
/src/buffer_manager.cpp:36: undefined reference to `buffer_reset(buffer*)'
OBJDIR/auth_brazil.o: In function `auth_brazil(char const*, char const*)':
/src/auth_brazil.cpp:105: undefined reference to `socket_timeout(int, long, long)'
OBJDIR/cipher.o: In function `CryptoPP::AllocatorWithCleanup<unsigned int, true>::deallocate(void*, unsigned int)':
/src/../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/secblock.h:109: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
OBJDIR/cipher.o: In function `CryptoPP::AllocatorWithCleanup<unsigned char, true>::deallocate(void*, unsigned int)':
/src/../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/secblock.h:109: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
OBJDIR/cipher.o:/src/../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/secblock.h:109: more undefined references to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)' follow
OBJDIR/cipher.o: In function `StandardReallocate<unsigned char, CryptoPP::AllocatorWithCleanup<unsigned char, true> >':
/src/../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/secblock.h:97: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedAllocate(unsigned int)'
OBJDIR/cipher.o: In function `CryptoPP::AllocatorWithCleanup<unsigned int, true>::allocate(unsigned int, void const*)':
/src/../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/secblock.h:97: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedAllocate(unsigned int)'
OBJDIR/cipher.o: In function `CryptoPP::AllocatorWithCleanup<unsigned int, true>::deallocate(void*, unsigned int)':
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

The most reference errors are with the buffer functions located in the libthecore-library. If somebode could help I'd appreciate it much.

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

• Bot

It depends on the environment.

The makefiles are like the ones ymir uses since these are stolen branches.

Vanilla project isn't closed yet.

I'm still having a small issue. I jumped from the old gcc4.2 to gcc4.8

I'm already done recompiling and adjusting the code of the dependent libraries like libthecore, etc.

But still there's something bothering.

When I compile the src everything works without any problems. It compiles the whole code without any error (just some small warnings but they aren't really big; compiling works). But when it links the files there are some reference errors:

The most reference errors are with the buffer functions located in the libthecore-library. If somebode could help I'd appreciate it much.

Die you make sure you added all necessary libs ?

Seems like your make file is screwed

english_banner.gif

It's not the makefile. I recompiled the libs just using g++ instead of gcc48.

The main source is compiled in gcc48 anyway.

The errors disappeared. Now the only ones left are these.

OBJDIR/cipher.o: In function `CryptoPP::AllocatorWithCleanup<unsigned char, true>::deallocate(void*, unsigned int)':
OBJDIR/cipher.o:/src/../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/secblock.h:109: more undefined references to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)' follow
OBJDIR/cipher.o: In function `StandardReallocate<unsigned char, CryptoPP::AllocatorWithCleanup<unsigned char, true> >':
OBJDIR/cipher.o: In function `CryptoPP::AllocatorWithCleanup<unsigned int, true>::allocate(unsigned int, void const*)':

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

Really, that's it. I've successfully compiled it. CryptoPP was compiled with g++ not gcc. I've changed it to gcc48 and recompiled it.

No error's anymore and now I'm trying out if it works.

Thanks to gcc48 the new vanilla core will be (with all the debug symbols) about 42mb big. The striped one only 6mb.

Now making a backup and trying 4.9 and checking the differences. Then I'll choose which version I'll take for the main release.

• Love 2

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

good evening everyone

I care about with my Database, let me explain
I start.sh it launches close.sh and then I made ​​a shot clear.sh.
Then I re start.sh directly and sometimes I have his appearing

Real Server
Log OffAsyncSQL: connected to localhost (reconnect 1)
Success PLAYER
AsyncSQL: connected to localhost (reconnect 1)
Success ACCOUNT
Success COMMON
Success HOTBACKUP
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Error: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Thank you to you for yo reply

• Former Staff

Yes it comes from the source, the branch mainline_release (Sg)

I if remember right mainline_release is pretty unstable. Im pretty fine with mainline and novaline works aswell as a friend of mine uses it. Theres just one little IG Exploit to fix in novaline so i prefer using mainline

So thank you friend I'll take the mainline branch

Edit

you'd tell me how to fix it?

OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0x4bb): In function `CGuildMarkImage::GetData(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, void*)':
/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:128: undefined reference to `ilBindImage'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0x4f9):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:129: undefined reference to `ilCopyPixels'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0x70b): In function `CGuildMarkImage::PutData(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, void*)':
/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:122: undefined reference to `ilBindImage'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0x749):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:123: undefined reference to `ilSetPixels'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xb04): In function `CGuildMarkImage::Save(char const*)':
/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:48: undefined reference to `ilEnable'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xb12):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:49: undefined reference to `ilBindImage'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xb22):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:51: undefined reference to `ilSave'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xb91): In function `CGuildMarkImage::Create()':
/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:43: undefined reference to `ilGenImages'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xbcf): In function `CGuildMarkImage::Destroy()':
/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:34: undefined reference to `ilDeleteImages'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xc32): In function `CGuildMarkImage::Load(char const*)':
/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:92: undefined reference to `ilBindImage'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xc3e):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:93: undefined reference to `ilEnable'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xc4a):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:94: undefined reference to `ilOriginFunc'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xc5a):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:96: undefined reference to `ilLoad'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xca8):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:102: undefined reference to `ilGetInteger'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xce8):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:108: undefined reference to `ilGetInteger'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xd32):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:114: undefined reference to `ilConvertImage'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xd9a): In function `CGuildMarkImage::Build(char const*)':
/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:64: undefined reference to `ilBindImage'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xda6):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:65: undefined reference to `ilEnable'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xdb2):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:66: undefined reference to `ilOriginFunc'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xe10):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:71: undefined reference to `ilTexImage'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xe58):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:79: undefined reference to `ilEnable'
OBJDIR/MarkImage.o(.text+0xe68):/usr/home/Server/game/src/MarkImage.cpp:81: undefined reference to `ilSave'
OBJDIR/main.o(.text+0x18fc): In function `main':
/usr/home/Server/game/src/main.cpp:456: undefined reference to `ilInit'
../../liblua/lib/liblua.a(lobject.o)(.text+0x4c3): In function `luaO_str2d':
/usr/include/runetype.h:96: undefined reference to `_ThreadRuneLocale'
../../liblua/lib/liblua.a(llex.o)(.text+0xa72): In function `luaX_lex':
/usr/include/runetype.h:96: undefined reference to `_ThreadRuneLocale'
../../liblua/lib/liblua.a(llex.o)(.text+0x13b3):/usr/include/runetype.h:96: undefined reference to `_ThreadRuneLocale'
../../liblua/lib/liblua.a(llex.o)(.text+0x141f):/usr/include/runetype.h:96: undefined reference to `_ThreadRuneLocale'
../../liblua/lib/liblua.a(llex.o)(.text+0x14e2):/usr/include/runetype.h:96: undefined reference to `_ThreadRuneLocale'
../../liblua/lib/liblualib.a(lauxlib.o)(.text+0x355):/usr/include/runetype.h:96: more undefined references to `_ThreadRuneLocale' follow
gmake: *** [../game_r32111_32] Error 1

Nope, mainline_released isn't buggy. It's just as the name says, it's a mainline developed for release. Vanilla project is based on the mainline_released-tree and it's quite a good tree. number_ex is for example already fixed, all new systems are implemented and working. But I guess mainline is okay too.

Please tell me: What do you prefer?

A smaller, faster gamefile but with a need to install gcc48/gcc49 or a bigger binary without any dependencies?

I compiled with both gcc versions without any errors and now I'm trying to run them at my test system (still installing gcc48 there though). So I guess it's better to ask if vanilla should be continued on gcc48/gcc49.

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

FreeBSD error:

compile NetBase.cpp
In file included from NetBase.cpp:4:
ClientManager.h:5:35: error: boost/unordered_map.hpp: No such file or directory
ClientManager.h:6:35: error: boost/unordered_set.hpp: No such file or directory
In file included from NetBase.cpp:4:
ClientManager.h:35: error: 'boost' has not been declared
ClientManager.h:35: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'unordered_map' with no type
ClientManager.h:35: error: typedef name may not be a nested-name-specifier
ClientManager.h:35: error: expected ';' before '<' token
ClientManager.h:36: error: 'boost' has not been declared
ClientManager.h:36: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'unordered_map' with no type
ClientManager.h:36: error: typedef name may not be a nested-name-specifier
ClientManager.h:36: error: expected ';' before '<' token
ClientManager.h:37: error: 'boost' has not been declared
ClientManager.h:37: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'unordered_set' with no type
ClientManager.h:37: error: typedef name may not be a nested-name-specifier
ClientManager.h:37: error: expected ';' before '<' token
ClientManager.h:38: error: 'boost' has not been declared
ClientManager.h:38: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'unordered_map' with no type
ClientManager.h:38: error: typedef name may not be a nested-name-specifier
ClientManager.h:38: error: expected ';' before '<' token
ClientManager.h:39: error: 'boost' has not been declared
ClientManager.h:39: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'unordered_map' with no type
ClientManager.h:39: error: typedef name may not be a nested-name-specifier
ClientManager.h:39: error: expected ';' before '<' token
ClientManager.h:40: error: 'boost' has not been declared
ClientManager.h:40: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'unordered_map' with no type
ClientManager.h:40: error: typedef name may not be a nested-name-specifier
ClientManager.h:40: error: expected ';' before '<' token
ClientManager.h:120: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'TItemCacheSet' with no type
ClientManager.h:120: error: expected ';' before '*' token
ClientManager.h:395: error: 'boost' has not been declared
ClientManager.h:395: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'unordered_map' with no type
ClientManager.h:395: error: typedef name may not be a nested-name-specifier
ClientManager.h:395: error: expected ';' before '<' token
ClientManager.h:396: error: 'TLoginDataByLoginKey' does not name a type
ClientManager.h:399: error: 'boost' has not been declared
ClientManager.h:399: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'unordered_map' with no type
ClientManager.h:399: error: typedef name may not be a nested-name-specifier
ClientManager.h:399: error: expected ';' before '<' token
ClientManager.h:400: error: 'TLoginDataByLogin' does not name a type
ClientManager.h:403: error: 'boost' has not been declared
ClientManager.h:403: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'unordered_map' with no type
ClientManager.h:403: error: typedef name may not be a nested-name-specifier
ClientManager.h:403: error: expected ';' before '<' token
ClientManager.h:404: error: 'TLoginDataByAID' does not name a type
ClientManager.h:407: error: 'boost' has not been declared
ClientManager.h:407: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'unordered_map' with no type
ClientManager.h:407: error: typedef name may not be a nested-name-specifier
ClientManager.h:407: error: expected ';' before '<' token
ClientManager.h:408: error: 'TLogonAccountMap' does not name a type
ClientManager.h:438: error: 'TPlayerTableCacheMap' does not name a type
ClientManager.h:440: error: 'TItemCacheMap' does not name a type
ClientManager.h:441: error: 'TItemCacheSetPtrMap' does not name a type
ClientManager.h:445: error: 'TItemPriceListCacheMap' does not name a type
ClientManager.h:448: error: 'TChannelStatusMap' does not name a type
ClientManager.h:513: error: 'boost' has not been declared
ClientManager.h:513: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'unordered_map' with no type
ClientManager.h:513: error: typedef name may not be a nested-name-specifier
ClientManager.h:513: error: expected ';' before '<' token
ClientManager.h:514: error: 'TLogoutPlayerMap' does not name a type
make: *** [.obj/NetBase.o] Error 1

The file unordered_map is in boost folder but still same error.

Ok problem solved. sorry

U just need to change from < to "

• Bot

Nope, mainline_released isn't buggy. It's just as the name says, it's a mainline developed for release. Vanilla project is based on the mainline_released-tree and it's quite a good tree. number_ex is for example already fixed, all new systems are implemented and working. But I guess mainline is okay too.

Please tell me: What do you prefer?

A smaller, faster gamefile but with a need to install gcc48/gcc49 or a bigger binary without any dependencies?

I compiled with both gcc versions without any errors and now I'm trying to run them at my test system (still installing gcc48 there though). So I guess it's better to ask if vanilla should be continued on gcc48/gcc49.

Consider creating your own topic for this maybe you get better responses there.

english_banner.gif

I compiled client from novaline & mainline_released, but both client binarys are just working with the .sg client...

I want to use my old client and dont want it to read only .pyc files...

But i never worked with such many lines of code before and cant find the function(s) to change...

What? I'm working on novaline binary and everything is working on global client (metin2.de for example). All I needed was root and uiscript from source (also novaline). I have packed it and everything is working fine :) 0 .pyc at root