Save dogs

Morphe

We at "RAISE UR PAW" need the voices and paws of the world to be raised to help ban the YULIN DOG MEAT EATING FESTIVAL which is going to occur on June 21, 2015.  Countless Canine Lives will be sacrificed in order to fulfill an inhumane tradition that has been permitted to occur for many years - and it is now time this horror is finally put to an end.

This brutal "Festival" involves what some call savouring the "delights" of dog meat hotpot, lychees, and strong liquor -- which will increase the abduction of strays and pets and also increase the torturous & inhumane prisons of dog meat farms - places where man's best friends are raised for such purposes -- thousands of dogs will suffer, be butchered, beaten to death, skinned alive and eaten.

Time is ticking and the massive killing of dogs will soon take place, we must get our voices united and raised not just to save the lives but save the hope in humanity - to be part of a compassionate world where we all come together to stand up and speak out for all innocent life, not just the life of humanity.  If we turn away and ignore the cries/pleas of these babies, then we truly have turned away from being human"kind".

Enter this link and sign the petition.

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-people-s-republic-of-china-stop-the-yulin-dog-meat-eating-festival

• Love 1

First of all let me just say that i am European and i own a dog.

Despite that i'm not agaisnt their "Festival" of eating dogs. I mean they should be allowed to eat it since it's an animal. For them it's a "cow" for us it's a dog.

But i am agaisnt animal torture. One thing is killing instantly to eat. Another is killing it by torturing it.

I signed the petition just because of the animal torture

Edited by RodrigoXx
  • Love 1

I respect your determination, but you will not change this, no matter how hard you will fight for it. Let me ask you something. Would you stop eating pizza, spaghetti, ravioli etc. if I tell you to stop? Would you stop reading books if I tell you that reading is bad for your eyes? Would you stop breathing if I told you that you breathe with Nitrogenium, which is toxic while it merges with oxygen? You won't. Why? It depends on culture. You won't change anything that comes with culture or religion. This festival has shaped through the ages. We're designed to kill (eyes in front of our heads, while herbivores got them on the sides of head, and all that biological stuff). But, just like @RodrigoXx, I'm also against torturing an animal till it dies. That's unhuman. For me, all this halal and kosher stuff is a huge bullshit. There's no excuse for torturing ANY living being. Petition signed.

• Love 2

I respect your determination, but you will not change this, no matter how hard you will fight for it. Let me ask you something. Would you stop eating pizza, spaghetti, ravioli etc. if I tell you to stop? Would you stop reading books if I tell you that reading is bad for your eyes? Would you stop breathing if I told you that you breathe with Nitrogenium, which is toxic while it merges with oxygen? You won't. Why? It depends on culture. You won't change anything that comes with culture or religion. This festival has shaped through the ages. We're designed to kill (eyes in front of our heads, while herbivores got them on the sides of head, and all that biological stuff). But, just like @RodrigoXx, I'm also against torturing an animal till it dies. That's unhuman. For me, all this halal and kosher stuff is a huge bullshit. There's no excuse for torturing ANY living being. Petition signed.

​With this in mind you really won't change anything. Doing nothing is like staying at the same place over and over. People need to be confronted with bad things. Of course. Eating dogs is, well, strange for us but if they want to do it who are we to blame them? We're eating some other stuff that they find strange and will never touch. That's just culture.

But what I don't like is making festivals out of it. Let's be honest. Letting thousands of people eat dogs clearly indicates that you'll have to find a cheap way to give them what they want. And what's the cheapest way? Not caring about the animals. That's how things go. Of course I hate it and I  am against it. That's why I also dislike the idea of making festival out of eat - for everything except vegetarian things. I'm not vegetarian, but eating animals is something you shouldn't do out of fun. And if people start to do it out of fun you'd be allowed to hold a mirror against them and show them what they're actually doing and beg them to stop. That's all the petition is going to do. They can't force them but they can tell them what we're all thinking about it and maybe one or two will start seeing things from different eyes.

breathing and eating animals for a festival can't be compared though. You need breath to survive but you can stop eating animals out of fun without having to suffer or - in this case - to suffocate. These both are completely different things.

Just my two cents about this :D

TL;DR: culture is something different than doing things out of necessarity. You can't stop them from eating dogs (and by all means, you shouldn't, we also eat things they may find weird) but you can show them how bad it is to do it out of fun. Holding such a festival means you have to get everything as cheap as possible, that's why the government counts in the torture of animals.

Edited by Alina
  • Love 2

• Premium

I'm totally agree with this petition. I ate so many things in my life, such as shark, squid, clam, grasshopper and many more animals, but I would never ever eat a dog. I know that I'm from the Europe and I will never understand their culture, but...

PS: I also own a dog and she is part of my life, not my lunch.

• Love 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm totally agree with this petition. I ate so many things in my life, such as shark, squid, clam, grasshopper and many more animals, but I would never ever eat a dog. I know that I'm from the Europe and I will never understand their culture, but...

PS: I also own a dog and she is part of my life, not my launch.

sharks for realy ? they are animals that are about to extinguish.

and i think there meat is hard.

nvm , i'm just hungry.

Why won't they kill and eat each other and let dogs alone.

Damn you chinese people...

I get so mad when someone hurts a dog, like real mad. :angry:

you can never compair human life to animals , the only case you can do such a thing is if that human realy became an anime for ex. torturing --just kill him he is no longer a human or at least he has the body of a human but the mind of animals and the hearth of a carnivore.

i do personally prefer meat over  vegetable but not to the point where i eat a dog , i mean be logical some ppl can not even stand having a dog at home , once they go to that festival they just eat it. (i wonder who it taste like --no as if i will ever eat it--)  , i will still prefer cows and sheaps.

well signed .