Navicat (MySql) - Query, Character Encode Error

• Honorable Member

I am using Navicat 11.0.8 and I am trying to insert values into a table using a query but when i try to insert the values with the query it works but the character encoding is messed up! This is a problem that many people have on trying to execute querys on navicat to complete their new item_proto.xml.

As you can see on my code, the table is 'table' and i am inserting an ID, VNUM and a NAME. The VNUM is '体字' and the NAME is 'Versão'.

INSERT INTO table VALUES ('1', '体字', 'Versão');

Instead of showing '体字' on the VNUM and 'Versão' on the NAME, it shows '体字' and 'Versão'.

This is very bad for me because I am trying to insert more than 5000 lines with alot of information.

I have tried to set the Character Encoding of the table using this these commands:

ALTER TABLE table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
& 
ALTER TABLE table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET big5 COLLATE big5_chinese_ci;
&
ALTER TABLE table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

I also have tried to delete my table and create a new one with the character encoding already to utf-8 and send the values..

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `table`;
CREATE TABLE `table` (
`vnum` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`name` varbinary(200) NOT NULL default 'Noname',
`locale_name` varbinary(24) NOT NULL default 'Noname',
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

INSERT INTO `table` VALUES ('1', '体字', 'Versão'); 

Still show's '体字' and 'Versão'.

If i edit the table manually, it show's correct! But i am not going to edit 5000+ lines...

2° Question

How can i convert Corean 돈꾸러미 from item_proto.xml to µ·²Ù·¯¹Ì ?

<ItemDef Vnum="1" Name="돈꾸러미" LocalizedName="Yang" Type="9" SubTy...

ANSI convertion converts Corean (돈꾸러미) to ëˆê¾¸ëŸ¬ë¯¸ instead of µ·²Ù·¯¹Ì  which can be very hard on changing mob_drop, etc_drop and special_group_item items.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic