• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, z3imx said:

just 

like alwasy i want to do combile

when i came to server i want 

gamke all

said "commond not found"

what i need to do?

You are blind ? Do not you see that you have to install gmake? You have an answer on top of you, that answer is a link to a video on youtube. Watch carefully, very carefully.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know it's a pretty old topic...but still relevant if someone want to build from scratch from Kraizy.tgz with clean extern, and i have a question.

With the original Extern and makefiles, the db 75% smaller!!! and the game about 30% smaller.

I do not bother myself with little size difference because it can be for many reasons... but this is huge.

Does it contains "something"? :D

Edited by K3zX

Hello! I am super new to both this forum and the metin 2 development / "Coding" world.
I am currently a student in a university, We are learning a bunch of stuff for both linux and programming languages like java and C++.
So i thought that working on a metin 2 server for fun would be a fun way to put all the things i learn in practise and get better at them.

Enough said about me. I have a question.
I got some serverfiles running i experimented with the client and the database.
And when i saw this post i was excited because i wanted to build the server files from Source code so i can modify it later.
I managed to build the src code from some pack getting a db_r41030 and game_r41030 outputs.
But i don't exactly now know what i am supposed to do with these two files.

If i run them after making them executables using 

chmod +x [file]

I get an error in the output saying 

Can not open [CONFIG]

With all that being said. I was wondering how these build files can be used to be run like i run the serverfiles using a start.sh executable.
Do i have to go ahead and replace it with the game files and db files from some serverfiles and use that start.sh script?

Thank you in advance, This is really fun and i love your community here!

Edited by GreciaMT2

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.