WorldEditor ReMIX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I save after activating the "Lens Flare" and "Wind" options on the World Editor, but then when I open the map again from the "Load" section, they are disabled. I wonder why?

"Lens Flare" does not appear in-game either.

Syserr: -CMapOutdoor :: RenderBeforeLensFlare mc_pEnvironmentData is NULL

Edited by blaxis
  • Metin2 Dev 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum Moderator

There is an error with eventually the MAI (+ Shadow / Minimap) buffer.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a map
  2. Export atlas (it will work)
  3. Open another map
  4. Export atlas (it will crash)

Work-around:

1. Open a map
  2. Export atlas (it will work)
  3. Open another map
  4. Press Inser to reload
  5. Export atlas (it will work)

I was able to reproduce it everytime with v44.

Suggestion

• It would be really cool to be able to load json data for maps, effects, animations, basically whatever currently available in world editor.
  • Edit Suggestion2 : It would also be cool to extend the Python Modules to generate shadowmap, heightmap, minimap and atlas (MAI and not MAI) as well as to replace textures (for example replace one texture by three textures in X proportion)
  • Edit Suggestion3 : Allow .prt not to cast shadows. Grass casts a pretty bad patch of black on the map.
Edited by Gurgarath
  • Good 1

Gurgarath
coming soon

• Forum Moderator

I have updated the aforementioned post accordingly (two new suggestions):

On 1/12/2024 at 7:21 PM, Gurgarath said:
  • Edit Suggestion2 : It would also be cool to extend the Python Modules to generate shadowmap, heightmap, minimap and atlas (MAI and not MAI) as well as to replace textures (for example replace one texture by three textures in X proportion)
  • Edit Suggestion3 : Allow .prt not to cast shadows. Grass casts a pretty bad patch of black on the map.

What's more, I have found another bug.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make sure the MAI option is ticked
  2. Open a map
  3. Make sure a regen.txt file is present in the folder of the map
  4. Export the Atlas (MAI_Atlas) the MAI will contain "Monster Area Info" output on it, whether the tickbox is ticked or not.
    • .png

Work-around:

1. Make sure the MAI option is ticked
  2. Open a map
  3. Make sure THERE IS NOT a regen.txt file is present in the folder of the map
  4. Export the Atlas (MAI_Atlas) the MAI will be perfectly fine

Two new suggestions:

• Effects should be snapshotted and displayed in the Atlas. (Notably waterfalls or volcano smoke). Currently the do not appear
  • It would be cool if the shadowmap was "casted" by the sun position when you press F11. Currently, they have a fixed direction, which can be contrary to the position of the shadow casted by the light position on terrain (Ex: Sun is at Noon, but shadowmap are casted to the east)
Edited by Gurgarath

Gurgarath
coming soon

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.