Does anyone know how to add SpeedTree 5 to mt2 client.

I found a source SpeedTree 5 (sdk) but I do not know how to add them to the client.
Does anyone know how to do it?
I use this:
http://metin2dev.org/board/topic/958-sln-metin2client-with-updated-directx-granny-python-and-more/

https://metin2.download/picture/r3F9504x09DVmF8K988YXgTtGTP6KMUj/.gif

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Good 1

I think that "SpeedTree 5 sdk" might just work out of metin2 client. Now I got 10 errors at compile time. (Other functions in the sdk) You just have to update functions.

Error for example:

void CArea::TObjectInstance::SetTree(float x, float y, float z, DWORD dwTreeCRC, const char* c_szTreeName)
{
    CSpeedTreeForestDirectX8& rkForest=CSpeedTreeForestDirectX8::Instance();
    pTree=rkForest.CreateInstance(x, y, z, dwTreeCRC, c_szTreeName);
    dwType = prt::PROPERTY_TYPE_TREE;
}

error C2065: 'CSpeedTreeForestDirectX8' : undeclared identifier    C:UsersxDesktopsrcclientGameLibArea.cpp    589    1    gamelib

error C2039: 'pTree' : is not a member of 'CArea::SObjectInstance'    C:UsersxDesktopsrcclientGameLibArea.cpp    277    1    gamelib

The need for some changes in gamelib.
I do not know exactly what.
The code is a bit much

• 4 years later...

I will bring back this post from the dead after 5 years, since I found the holy SDK myself. It's been 2 months now since I've been thinking seriously about this project's development and I've learned so much. Unfortunatelly, not enough to implement this version. I compiled the .lib and .dll files and I started conversion but I haven't managed anything big yet, functions are so different and of course 1 include -> 6 folders of includes is a big difference, especially when there is nothing to compare. Would be nice to see a tut on this here :)