Are you for or against Lycan?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Lycan?

• I am for
    • I am against
    • I don't really care

• Forum Moderator

Hello fellow M2Dev companions,

I come here today to ask you a simple but hard question at the same time. I'm asking for your thoughts about Lycan. I will try to make it short, but I also need to ask you things.

From everything I heard it was either neutral, either extremely positive or extremely negative at the same degree. Some people said to me that if Lycan was added on a server, they would simply not try the server. Some others said that the bonuses or the race itself was too unbalanced while the last category of people said that it was really great and added freshness to the game without being too OP or too shitty and that no one is forced to play it.

I think the hate from this race came from three things:

1. We all felt weird about this race at first and the lore was weird at first glance, but now that it's fully implemented on official, with his maps, it's just some kind of an alternate start with side lore that is pretty good at what it does without being too much (unfortunately?).
  2. The fact that it adds a new race and that hence "perfect pvp stuff" is not a thing anymore made a lot of PvP players upset.
  3. The fact that most of these people tried this race at first on horrendous Pservers who were not able to adjust the race properly and did a weird unbalanced OP / Shitty character and therefore people hated the race just because of their first impression. I remember that when I proposed Lycan with the latest official statistics (from early 2015) from beta people were not playing it because of this.

Now that the Lycan is 5 years old (Time flies) and that official adjusted it and adjusted the PvP balance in 17.5, some people are still reluctant to play it on Pserver and some owners just simply don't add it. This is one of the most unpopular update from official. Do you have any opinions on this? I also include a poll on the post

Edited by Gurgarath
  • Love 2

Gurgarath
coming soon

• 1 month later...
  • Honorable Member

Well, in my opinion, they haven't brought as any groundbreaking system or something the new race is good for. I think there is good balance between the original 4 characters (even if there are some bugs or something, i dont count this now), so adding new race into game like metin has no point or reason.
If you look to new games where new characers are added 2x per year, they have hundereds of system, pvp possibilites, dungeons and so on.. New characters has good point then, but not in metin. 

If they won't bring us any new, NEW system for anything where new characters will have place and use, then it should be fine, but until the metin is only about killing monsters or stones.. no..

• Love 1

plechi-frost-dungeon.gif

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, .plechito' said:

Well, in my opinion, they haven't brought as any groundbreaking system or something the new race is good for. I think there is good balance between the original 4 characters (even if there are some bugs or something, i dont count this now), so adding new race into game like metin has no point or reason.
If you look to new games where new characers are added 2x per year, they have hundereds of system, pvp possibilites, dungeons and so on.. New characters has good point then, but not in metin. 

If they won't bring us any new, NEW system for anything where new characters will have place and use, then it should be fine, but until the metin is only about killing monsters or stones.. no..

Really good point here. Even if I like the race. It's true that everytime they add a new race in a modern (or even in a older) MMORPG, it comes with a lore, things to do, a new continent, quests, systems, abilities. The only thing that we had was poison 2.0 and a flying pooch with the ability to buff all of his allies at once. Not even talking about the little bits of lore we have or the map. Even the original lore in Metin2 is not so developped. I completely get your point

• Love 1

Gurgarath
coming soon

• Premium

I just didnt see how lycan adjusts to the game. Even the lore they tried to make seems forced.

Imo to make the game good they should had focused on details, improving the basic game, the way only a few on metin2 pserver do.

The gameplay didnt improved anything, its still the same old hack&slash but now with a werewolf guy so that they can sell more costumes.

The fact people dont even play pservers with lycan may indeed have to do with the reasons you stated. People are compiling server with "-j20" not even understanding what -j does (because they copy-paste from a topic, as most people here do), so we assume their lycan implementations are garbage.

Still i think there is room for new PROPERLY DEVELOPED classes, but that must also bring gameplay improvements.  Its 2020 and we still have shop with designs (that do nothing else then lag the game) instead of a server-wide shop, that literally every other mmo got (and i know at least 2 that are older then metin2).

Thats why i think lycan and official server in general are just a waste of time.

• Love 1