DirectX and Granny update

Hi! I have a client with DirectX 8, and I would like to update to 9, but I can't find anywhere how can I do it. I never used Python or C++ in my life, my main language is the C# but I want to learn something new. :D Could you give me an instruction please? And im thinking how much i can improve the graphics.  I want to make better models and textures but I think for the betteg graphics I have to update these things. I know it will be hard but I have time. :D

• Management

You can't easily upgrade DirectX 8 to 9, since many functions from 8 were removed on 9. There's no public client with DirectX 9, but I'm not sure if there's any private server that upgraded.

You need to manually rename and change almost every functions related to DirectX.

Granny you can easily upgrade to 2.9 but it doesn't change the graphic quality, but you can use models exported with granny 2.9.

• Love 1

raw

raw

1 hour ago, Karbust said:

You can't easily upgrade DirectX 8 to 9, since many functions from 8 were removed on 9. There's no public client with DirectX 9, but I'm not sure if there's any private server that upgraded.

You need to manually rename and change almost every functions related to DirectX.

Granny you can easily upgrade to 2.9 but it doesn't change the graphic quality, but you can use models exported with granny 2.9.

Ohh, i see. Thank you, I just saw an old post, somebody wanted to downgrade the directX to 8 from 9, becouse he had some bugs