FreeBSD 11.2 network config

I'm new to this and I'm barely understanding the networking part of running a metin2 server. So i wanted to change FreeBSD 9.2 to 11.2 but I don't know how to configure the network settings. I tried mirroring the ones I had in 9.2 but I don't know what corresponds to what, also I can't put .localhost in hostname/domain ( the server is just for myself, to test things, made using hamachi). So can someone explain or give me a tutorial to configure FreeBSD 11.2 networking?

In the photo you can see my 9.2 settings

VirtualBox_metinn_19_01_2020_14_39_11.png

Host equals your machine's name. Domain is for networking purpose. For example you can use "test" as your host and "local" for domain. The only thing thay may cause a bit of trouble is sendmail which requires FQDN for hostname. But you can also disable it, especially since you're only working locally on your machine.

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

• 9 months later...

I tried mirroring the ones I had in 9.2 but I don't know what corresponds to what

Hey, I'm currently facing the same problem, any pointers as to how I need to set the networking up to make it work with hamachi?

I've tried to mirror the old instructions with no success, also tried setting the VM to "NAT" instead but didn't quite figure that out either..

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Best regards

15 hours ago, keko said:

Hey, I'm currently facing the same problem, any pointers as to how I need to set the networking up to make it work with hamachi?

I've tried to mirror the old instructions with no success, also tried setting the VM to "NAT" instead but didn't quite figure that out either..

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Best regards

I highly recommend to do the easiest step: Use VMware and choose to replicate your current LAN device. This way you can just use the same configuration than on your current pc except for the ip address of course. It makes things so much easier to setup.

Otherwise you'd check on how networking actually works. It's no use to simply replicate a tutorial, you'd understand what you're doing there and what each of these options actually do.

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

24 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

Use VMware and choose to replicate your current LAN device

Already did that and have everything set up, my problem is more getting my friend to be able to connect than setting things up currently, although I do struggle there - learning phase do be like that

I'd love any pointers as to how I need to set it up, trying to learn how it works is a bit overwhelming and I don't seem to get it to work

Edited by keko
sent to early lOl