Erebus

open Server specs and hosting.

Question

Hey everyone, i hope you're having a wonderful day so far.

What kind of system would i need to run a p server with roughly 80 people?

Also, which hosting do you guys use in 2020 and what are the top hosting provides for a server without any ddos problems, i was wondering if there are any other options except ovh or even better.

Thank you all in advance!

4 answers to this question

Due to the server part being written in C++, it uses both CPU and RAM, to run a server w/o lag it would need atleast 3GB of ram(due to the fact that it would need to alocate some to the OS itself and other processes as MYSQL) and a decent CPU, but the more the better. About the hosting provider, it is all about where your playerbase is located in, but myself i'd go with OVH/OVH resllers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Friedrich said:

Due to the server part being written in C++, it uses both CPU and RAM, to run a server w/o lag it would need atleast 3GB of ram(due to the fact that it would need to alocate some to the OS itself and other processes as MYSQL) and a decent CPU, but the more the better. About the hosting provider, it is all about where your playerbase is located in, but myself i'd go with OVH/OVH resllers.

Thank you for your info!

In my country, a lot of people are getting downtimes and lag spikes due to DDOS attacks. do you reckon that i'd be fine with OVH? because i only know a couple of P server owners in my country and they all host their servers with OVH but they always get some downtime/lag due to DDOS attacks.

I personally like MVS. The DDoS protection is very good as well as the support.

I used the Cloud Virtual Server, tera package, 15€. No problem with 100 players online, I never got to stretch it to it's limits, so I don't really know how many I could have had on that machine until I needed to upgrade.

• Like 1