• Bronze

Cause they wanted to keep the limit of Yang to 2kkk, instead they have adapt Won as new currency Maximum 999 i think to extend the amount of Yang somehow, because need a lot of changes to make the Yang more than 2kkk, and obviously ymir don't want to take that risk i guess.

• Love 2

• Forum Moderator

Hello,

I will try to answer clearly and throughly to this question. But this is only a theory and all of my answer should be treated as such. 

Won should have never made its way into Metin2 and the fact that it appeared not so long ago is the outcome of years of different problems such as:

• The game getting easier years after years.
  • The fusion of different servers into one big server or more, making the yang an abundant ressource.
  • Years of extensive botting and farm botting, making the yangs easier to obtain.
  • Black market sites selling ludicrous amount of yangs for real money.
  • The in game market devaluation, leading to expensive items getting cheaper and brand new items getting really expensive.
  • The lack of population on the game, making yangs easier to obtain and less cheaper, because of account selling.

Economically speaking, yangs became abundant and the market had to adapt, Metin2 internal economy went through an inflation, making the limit of 1.999.999.999 yangs not enough to sometimes buy an item. In the same game where years before, having more than 100kk would make you one of the richest person of the whole server.

Because of that, the following problem came up:

People were now unable to sell really expensive items using shops or exchanges and had to use a lot of gold bars (those were and are a good idea though). They even sometimes had to use than one exchange of 2kkk on more than one account, making some items unsellable because of the fear of getting scammed from both parties.

The result was simply a partial freezing of the market and if the market is dead on a MMORPG, then the whole game is at stake. They had to come up with a fix to thad and they had different solutions to deal with it such as:

• Removing the cap of 2kkk. In that case, above 9kkk, the money starts to get unreadable and also hard to perceive, it can make players freak out and this is not especially the best way to deal with it as it only makes the same problem as before come later on in the game instead of dealing with it instantly.
  • Make the yangs really hard to get or really easy to get. Making the economy reajust itself but making almost everyone upset, which could have a huge direct negative impact which could have been fatal.
  • Adding another currency, such as Won, and leave everything untouched, which they did and which is a good idea at first.

The chose the third solution, which created a new problem:

Some items are now really expensive and Won basically made the inflation kind of infinite, it just made the threshold way higher, even if it made the market more stable and safer. Unfortunately, it solved none of the problems stated above and now we can find Won on the black market for 3€, which will still make the circle continue until they do something, if they do. Won though slowed those problems more efficiently than removing the cap of 2kkk. However, if they solved some problems in a better way, the Won would have never existed.

• Love 2

Gurgarath
coming soon

2 hours ago, HITRON said:

because need a lot of changes to make the Yang more than 2kkk, and obviously ymir don't want to take that risk i guess.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly but are you suggesting that they are not able (at least without effort) to do it since it's hard? I assume that if some private servers have unlimited it then it's relatively easy to do so (unless in doing so they created some kind of weird possible exploit or something). I'd like if you'd clarify this idea because I might have gotten it wrong. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Gurgarath said:

Hello,

I will try to answer clearly and throughly to this question. But this is only a theory and all of my answer should be treated as such. 

Won should have never made its way into Metin2 and the fact that it appeared not so long ago is the outcome of years of different problems such as:

• The game getting easier years after years.
  • The fusion of different servers into one big server or more, making the yang an abundant ressource.
  • Years of extensive botting and farm botting, making the yangs easier to obtain.
  • Black market sites selling ludicrous amount of yangs for real money.
  • The in game market devaluation, leading to expensive items getting cheaper and brand new items getting really expensive.
  • The lack of population on the game, making yangs easier to obtain and less cheaper, because of account selling.

Economically speaking, yangs became abundant and the market had to adapt, Metin2 internal economy went through an inflation, making the limit of 1.999.999.999 yangs not enough to sometimes buy an item. In the same game where years before, having more than 100kk would make you one of the richest person of the whole server.

Because of that, the following problem came up:

People were now unable to sell really expensive items using shops or exchanges and had to use a lot of gold bars (those were and are a good idea though). They even sometimes had to use than one exchange of 2kkk on more than one account, making some items unsellable because of the fear of getting scammed from both parties.

The result was simply a partial freezing of the market and if the market is dead on a MMORPG, then the whole game is at stake. They had to come up with a fix to thad and they had different solutions to deal with it such as:

• Removing the cap of 2kkk. In that case, above 9kkk, the money starts to get unreadable and also hard to perceive, it can make players freak out and this is not especially the best way to deal with it as it only makes the same problem as before come later on in the game instead of dealing with it instantly.
  • Make the yangs really hard to get or really easy to get. Making the economy reajust itself but making almost everyone upset, which could have a huge direct negative impact which could have been fatal.
  • Adding another currency, such as Won, and leave everything untouched, which they did and which is a good idea at first.

The chose the third solution, which created a new problem:

Some items are now really expensive and Won basically made the inflation kind of infinite, it just made the threshold way higher, even if it made the market more stable and safer. Unfortunately, it solved none of the problems stated above and now we can find Won on the black market for 3€, which will still make the circle continue until they do something, if they do. Won though slowed those problems more efficiently than removing the cap of 2kkk. However, if they solved some problems in a better way, the Won would have never existed.

Treated your post as a theory. Definitely makes a lot of sense though. While reading it it occurred to me an idea that (I think) could have been used to prevent this from happening: a combination of both the first and the second solutions you've presented: it would be 1) 'Removing the cap of 2kkk [and maybe making it 10kkk or 9.999.999.999 so we would avoid that part in which players would freak out because of being hard to understand it]' while also making 2) 'the yangs really hard to get'. That way and making some changes (essentially lowering money rewards from quests; money received by killing monsters & metins; prices for upgrading items in blacksmith; and prices for buying in stores like General Store, Weapon/Armour Shop Dealer, etc.) so someone with, say, 4kkk would be really rich (and actually making the 10kkk almost or even unobtainable even with 5/6/7 years+ of playing). The idea is to make it so the 4kkk represented here would be like (I imagine) someone who has today say 20kkk/30kkk (if someone has it I mean I don't actively play the game so I really don't have a notion about the numbers). Does this make sense? I'd love to see your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

Anyone else feel free to participate on this discussion since I'd appreciate more opinions.

• Forum Moderator
Il y a 2 heures, iamgroot a dit :

Treated your post as a theory. Definitely makes a lot of sense though. While reading it it occurred to me an idea that (I think) could have been used to prevent this from happening: a combination of both the first and the second solutions you've presented: it would be 1) 'Removing the cap of 2kkk [and maybe making it 10kkk or 9.999.999.999 so we would avoid that part in which players would freak out because of being hard to understand it]' while also making 2) 'the yangs really hard to get'. That way and making some changes (essentially lowering money rewards from quests; money received by killing monsters & metins; prices for upgrading items in blacksmith; and prices for buying in stores like General Store, Weapon/Armour Shop Dealer, etc.) so someone with, say, 4kkk would be really rich (and actually making the 10kkk almost or even unobtainable even with 5/6/7 years+ of playing). The idea is to make it so the 4kkk represented here would be like (I imagine) someone who has today say 20kkk/30kkk (if someone has it I mean I don't actively play the game so I really don't have a notion about the numbers). Does this make sense? I'd love to see your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

Of course it should have been made. This is a really good remark and I completely agree. However, doing so would upset a lot of players and make the game extremely frustrating for new players, who would be unable to get good stuff while people who started before would still have theirs. But if they do that along with other updates it might be better. For example with the introduction of "Hero weapons", it would have been a great idea because the game is giving you a powerful weapon for free. The game definitely lacks of effective gold sinks except of the market though. Which is why it happened. What they had to do, like I say, is fix those problems BEFORE they happen. By doing what you said for example. Back then it was not a problemand Ymir did great because they did what you said, it was hard to get yangs and 2kkk was an insane amount, but the general difficulty decreased (get a good weapon, a horse, a good stuff, bonuses, experience etc.) while the yang rate stayed the same (in addition of the other problems) which ultimately resulted in what we have now, after of course, 13 years of farming. Right now, the amount of yang is insane and they need to get gold sinks if they want to get back to a saner economy.

• Love 1

Gurgarath
coming soon

On 1/10/2020 at 7:26 PM, Gurgarath said:

Of course it should have been made. This is a really good remark and I completely agree. However, doing so would upset a lot of players and make the game extremely frustrating for new players, who would be unable to get good stuff while people who started before would still have theirs. But if they do that along with other updates it might be better. For example with the introduction of "Hero weapons", it would have been a great idea because the game is giving you a powerful weapon for free. The game definitely lacks of effective gold sinks except of the market though. Which is why it happened. What they had to do, like I say, is fix those problems BEFORE they happen. By doing what you said for example. Back then it was not a problemand Ymir did great because they did what you said, it was hard to get yangs and 2kkk was an insane amount, but the general difficulty decreased (get a good weapon, a horse, a good stuff, bonuses, experience etc.) while the yang rate stayed the same (in addition of the other problems) which ultimately resulted in what we have now, after of course, 13 years of farming. Right now, the amount of yang is insane and they need to get gold sinks if they want to get back to a saner economy.

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

• Love 1