New administrators

Calypso

• Former Staff

Hi everyone

As you can see, @ASIKOO and myself are the new administrators of Metin2Dev. It's time to introduce ourselves!

We are two French people and owner of the Funky-Emulation forum, a video game development forum (including metin2) dedicated to French people. We are also owner of metin2.top, a top allowing to gather the best metin2 private servers.

Metin2Dev will remain an international forum and we are not here to destroy everything that has been put in place by the community.
Our only will is to allow the continued development of metin2. We have many projects in mind and we will come back to you to share them!

I leave this topic open for your possible messages or suggestions.

It is a pleasure for us to take over the administration of this forum and I hope that it will continue to satisfy you, even with us. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

See you soon,
Calypso & Asikoo

• Love 16

I was following the Funky forum for quite a while and I did suspect something would happen when I read the topic about Chuck's leaving here. 

Congratulations and may Metin2 still be desired to develop further. Chuck, thank you for maintaining this forum up and thankfully you didn't shut it down. Good luck everyone to all your paths. 

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I personally think this forum is dying and has been dying for a long time.  It lacks the "community" part.

Everyone here is either to sell, scam or beg. There are only a few people here left who still bring out new stuff and share ideas which what this should be about...??

I generally reckon this forum need some re-thinking, it's scary how many scammers are active here.

As for suggestions. I would suggest to start storing files internally (like epvp does) so we don't have to upload them on external sites.

If you go through a lot of the older threads most of the files cannot be downloaded any more due to being deleted. So it gets kind of pointless to have all those threads if most of are missing assets. And I remember we used to have that "Downloads Section" where you could upload your files and do a little write up, but after a while it was gone.

• Love 2

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, ScreamMyName said:

it's scary how many scammers are active here.

Hey @ScreamMyName,

thank you for your feedback.

So please give me a list or use the report button and send me proofs to your reproaches. 

Because I always try to follow exactly what is going on in the forum.
For your information:

Last year (2019) 40+ users got banned because of try to scam/reselling.

We always try to do our best to keep the forum clean.

Best regards
Raylee / Metin2Dev - Team

• Love 2

Przed chwilą, Raylee napisał:

So please give me a list or use the report button and send me proofs to your reproaches. 

Because I always try to follow exactly what is going on in the forum.
Last year 2019 40+ users got banned in case of try to scam/reselling.

Best regards
Raylee

Yeah maybe the little romanian ones that re-sell someone's stuff. I'm talking about all the others scammers on this forum. That sell shit and they never feel responsible for what are they selling. How can you charge 300+ bucks for something, and when I come back to you and say I need "this" to do "this" instead of "this". I'm gonna get no response? I traded with a shit ton of people over the years and it's truly horrible how people treat their buyers. People go to them to give them basically free money and at the end of the day they shit all over them anywayz... and you as are "community" are helping those scammers scam people. Enabling them to keep the circle going.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, ScreamMyName said:

I'm talking about all the others scammers on this forum.

So please be so kind and give me some names or better -  link me to these "scammers" and show me some proofs/evidence.
(Of course you can do this in a private conversation if you feel more comfortable)

5 hours ago, ScreamMyName said:

How can you charge 300+ bucks for something, and when I come back to you and say I need "this" to do "this" instead of "this". I'm gonna get no response? I traded with a shit ton of people over the years and it's truly horrible how people treat their buyers. People go to them to give them basically free money and at the end of the day they shit all over them anywayz... and you as are "community" are helping those scammers scam people. Enabling them to keep the circle going.

I mean, I understand you, but now you are generalize how "developers" act - more or less.

I have to say - I cannot change someting how developers services look like and if you get response to special changes. 
But you must also understand that you are purchasing a product that is intended for mass sale. And if you want "special changes" you have to pay for that.

But this is going now to a completly different story!
If you want you can create in the Offtopic Section or in the "General" Section a topic where you can discuss these things.

Your original comment was about scammers here in the forum and you were still not be able to give me some names or proofs/evidence.

Feel free to write me a private message with these "scammers" and show me some proofs/evidence.
If you feel more comfortable you can use the report button too - every support is a help.

If you just want to talk about these "Script kids" feel free to create a topic in the right section.

Because this topic is not made for chit chat about these "Script kids" in the m2 scene. 

Best regards

2 godziny temu, Raylee napisał:

So please be so kind and give me some names or better -  link me to these "scammers" and show me some proofs/evidence.
(Of course you can do this in a private conversation if you feel more comfortable)

I mean, I understand you, but now you are generalize how "developers" act - more or less.

I have to say - I cannot change someting how developers services look like and if you get response to special changes. 
But you must also understand that you are purchasing a product that is intended for mass sale. And if you want "special changes" you have to pay for that.

But this is going now to a completly different story!
If you want you can create in the Offtopic Section or in the "General" Section a topic where you can discuss these things.

Your original comment was about scammers here in the forum and you were still not be able to give me some names or proofs/evidence.

Feel free to write me a private message with these "scammers" and show me some proofs/evidence.
If you feel more comfortable you can use the report button too - every support is a help.

If you just want to talk about these "Script kids" feel free to create a topic in the right section.

Because this topic is not made for chit chat about these "Script kids" in the m2 scene. 

Best regards
Raylee

Yeah see this is the issue with you and why this forum won't be as active as it once was. Everything has to be "political" give me proof, give me names. You want names? Go to services and pick one. Always some damn politics. It's funny how Ridack isn't allowed to sell his shit here but he's like one of the only guys that will actually go and change something if you ask him. Same with couple other people that got banned due to politics. Admins change on this forum every couple months, they come, start revolutions and nothing changes and they leave.

I still remember when this forum first started. Everyone came here because it seemed like it's gonna be an actual places for "devs" to do something, learn something, share something etc etc. And it was like that first year or two. People sharing systems,assets,knowledge,different ideas coming in, different projects are born. Everything a good community should have. Look at this forum now. You have like 3-5 people that are still active, still develop, still post stuff now and then. The rest is gone. AND Yes before you said it, it has a lot to do with Metin dying out a little, people moving on, leaving etc. but a lot of us are still here just not active on m2d any more because there is no point, there is no place for us here, so we keep it on our own. But then again.. this is what drives the motor why people are selling / buying stuff so much. I'm guessing most of the people in charge have a cut in that.. so yeah. I don't hope for much.

Cytat

I also sell stuff and whenever I get contacted to "fix" something I will have a look at it see what it needs and if it's simple 5 minute job I won't even charge for it. If it requires some bigger scope changes I will tell him I can do it for him but for this much. This is business etiquette, something people seems to be lacking in Metin2, in general.

Also 1) if something needs fixing, you shouldn't be paying for the fix. You should pay for "special changes" as you nicely putted. 2) A lot of the time if you ask someone to change something for your liking they will tell you no or give you cosmic price to put you off.

Like one time I bought a channel switcher from this X guy and the port function was spaghetti mess so I asked him to tell me how to set my ports there because none of it makes sense. He told me that he doesn't know how to set it up for different channel ports, and I have to change my ports (so i have to change all configs, fw and all other shit just because he doesn't know what he's code does? In the end I just re-wrote the function and hard-coded the ports and it worked but I shouldn't had to do that :( You know what I mean?

All I'm saying is take responsible for you actions, and what you're selling.

• Confused 1
  • Love 3

• Forum Moderator

Well, let's be honest.
I think you are confusing the forum here with a other one.

On 1/9/2020 at 7:46 PM, ScreamMyName said:

It's funny how Ridack isn't allowed to sell his shit here

In this respect I leave the following:

Admins change on this forum every couple months, they come, start revolutions and nothing changes and they leave.

Also your view of the administration changing makes no sense.
Just because now after years Metin2Dev got a new Administration?

I mean, you're making accusations here that make no sense.

You have like 3-5 people that are still active, still develop, still post stuff now and then.

Yeah, it's up to you - you might as well get involved.
If everyone just searches the forum for releases and doesn't contribute, it is clear that less and less material will be published.
Where is here the gratitude?

BUT I have to say I understand your point and what you wanted to say.

If you still want to continue to philosophize about the future of developers and the Metin scene you are welcome to open a topic in the Metin2 "General" or in the "Offtopic" Section.

Furthermore all the best and thank you for your activity.
If you need something - feel free to write me a message.

Best regards

• Love 1

• Management
On 1/9/2020 at 2:05 PM, ScreamMyName said:

Hello. I personally think this forum is dying and has been dying for a long time.  It lacks the "community" part.

Everyone here is either to sell, scam or beg. There are only a few people here left who still bring out new stuff and share ideas which what this should be about...??

I generally reckon this forum need some re-thinking, it's scary how many scammers are active here.

As for suggestions. I would suggest to start storing files internally (like epvp does) so we don't have to upload them on external sites.

If you go through a lot of the older threads most of the files cannot be downloaded any more due to being deleted. So it gets kind of pointless to have all those threads if most of are missing assets. And I remember we used to have that "Downloads Section" where you could upload your files and do a little write up, but after a while it was gone.

Hello,

On our French forum, I made a complete backup of all download links, my goal is to avoid dead links...

It will be done in the next few weeks, time to set up the site : dl.metin2.dev and to sort the topics :) 

• Love 2

• Management
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Management