Questions about Server files + client with recent updates from official

Hello dear metin2 devs,

I'm just starting to learn about metin2 servers. I will number my questions for better communication.

1.Are there any server files and client with Alchemy, belts and pets like the official servers? 

2. If I use some files where there aren't alchemy, belts etc. Included, are we able to add them later? I guess it needs compile (*) again etc. Is it recommended to do it this way or we just start by using files where it's already included? 

3. Does it matter if server files and client are in English or can we easily change it later? I noticed that eternexus couldn't extract the locale_en from the official game. Do we use a different way? The tutorial I saw was a bit old. 

My knowledge currently are:

I know pretty good C but no C++ which metin2 uses as I saw. Know the basics of MySQL (create tables, insert, foreign keys etc). So I have some programming knowledge. I can create Virtual Machines with FreeBSD, set up the sshd and download mysql service. Can connect with WinSCP and use putty for easy of usage instead of using the FreeBSD terminal and I can use Navicat for the databases part. BUT just the basic things from tutorials to start a server. 

I have no problem to learn new things, but I will need some guidance for the first time I guess. 

Thank you for reading my questions and thank you in advance! Any answer will be really helpful!

(*) I haven't really understand the compile method we use. I have see something with Cmake which I didnt get it at all and something using VisualStudio. Is there any link to a guide about this please?

15 hours ago, Crital said:

Hello dear metin2 devs,

I'm just starting to learn about metin2 servers. I will number my questions for better communication.

1.Are there any server files and client with Alchemy, belts and pets like the official servers? 

2. If I use some files where there aren't alchemy, belts etc. Included, are we able to add them later? I guess it needs compile (*) again etc. Is it recommended to do it this way or we just start by using files where it's already included? 

3. Does it matter if server files and client are in English or can we easily change it later? I noticed that eternexus couldn't extract the locale_en from the official game. Do we use a different way? The tutorial I saw was a bit old. 

My knowledge currently are:

I know pretty good C but no C++ which metin2 uses as I saw. Know the basics of MySQL (create tables, insert, foreign keys etc). So I have some programming knowledge. I can create Virtual Machines with FreeBSD, set up the sshd and download mysql service. Can connect with WinSCP and use putty for easy of usage instead of using the FreeBSD terminal and I can use Navicat for the databases part. BUT just the basic things from tutorials to start a server. 

I have no problem to learn new things, but I will need some guidance for the first time I guess. 

Thank you for reading my questions and thank you in advance! Any answer will be really helpful!

(*) I haven't really understand the compile method we use. I have see something with Cmake which I didnt get it at all and something using VisualStudio. Is there any link to a guide about this please?

A1 : there is a lot of serverfiles with a lot of systems like the systems you mentioned above ( pet , belt , acce (shoulder sash) , dungeons and some creepy systems 

A2: you can implement or delete any system or make changes on systems but of course you need to know some programming languages for it like C++ , Python , Lua 

adding or removing any system isn't big problem since there is a lot of systems included how to ( tutorials ) 

but I recommended to start with a clean serverfiles and you can add or remove anything

A3: the language of the files doesn't matter , it's possible to translate to any language you want if it was english or  any other language you can change it easily   

since you know C you can learn C++ and other language it will be more easy to understand other languages . 

if you do any change in the source (server side or client side ) you need to compile it .

and yes there is tutorials to compile the binary or server side 

sorry for my bad english :D

• Love 1

Thank you for your reply dear @xLoGaN,

Currently a guy helped me and set up a server with 28k files from Signe + client from Signe. But I think that it's from a very old version metin2 where there are so many systems missing. Also the files are a lot customized. A lot of custom items and changed NPCs and first maps decoration. When I asked him he said that from 28k files it might be impossible to add belt system,pets and alchemy (those haven't source files). But with 34k files or even better 40k I could do it. Is this correct? I need 34k or 40k files?

18 hours ago, xLoGaN said:

A1 : there is a lot of serverfiles with a lot of systems like the systems you mentioned above ( pet , belt , acce (shoulder sash) , dungeons and some creepy systems 

1. Maybe is it possible to be more specific my dear friend? I'm confused about all the version (28k, 34k, 40k) and there are files from various persons, I don't know what to download and from where to download. I heard that mainline source files are good and clean but I couldn't find any link working. Also some guy recommended me mainline source with Novaline client, do you think that I will be okay with this combination? Are those indeed clean files and good for a beginner like me to start learning? 

A2: you can implement or delete any system or make changes on systems but of course you need to know some programming languages for it like C++ , Python , Lua 

adding or removing any system isn't big problem since there is a lot of systems included how to ( tutorials ) 

2. The problem is I can't find tutorials for example, how to add pet system. Maybe for more specific questions could I PM you?

A3

a) the language of the files doesn't matter , it's possible to translate to any language you want if it was english or  any other language you can change it easily   

b) if you do any change in the source (server side or client side ) you need to compile it .

c) and yes there is tutorials to compile the binary or server side 

A3) a) As I said in my first post:

On 12/17/2019 at 3:39 AM, Crital said:

I noticed that eternexus couldn't extract the locale_en from the official game. Do we use a different way? The tutorial I saw was a bit old. 

So I'm asking how to translate the game, because I've met this problem.

b) About the client, Is it considered compiling if I make some changes in " pack/root/" and use Eternexus to "compress" it again? If yes then alright.

But what about the serverfiles? We use CMake for compiling? Or VisualStudio? When we use one and when the other?

Thank you for your time!

P.S. Please excuse me for my questions, they might seem "stupid" for someone more experienced but I'm trying my best to learn. First I see tutorials and then I ask. I didn't just came here to get ready answers. I just made a post about the "dead end" I've been. Thank you for your patience.

On 12/17/2019 at 9:32 PM, Crital said:

Thank you for your reply dear @xLoGaN,

Currently a guy helped me and set up a server with 28k files from Signe + client from Signe. But I think that it's from a very old version metin2 where there are so many systems missing. Also the files are a lot customized. A lot of custom items and changed NPCs and first maps decoration. When I asked him he said that from 28k files it might be impossible to add belt system,pets and alchemy (those haven't source files). But with 34k files or even better 40k I could do it. Is this correct? I need 34k or 40k files?

1. Maybe is it possible to be more specific my dear friend? I'm confused about all the version (28k, 34k, 40k) and there are files from various persons, I don't know what to download and from where to download. I heard that mainline source files are good and clean but I couldn't find any link working. Also some guy recommended me mainline source with Novaline client, do you think that I will be okay with this combination? Are those indeed clean files and good for a beginner like me to start learning? 

2. The problem is I can't find tutorials for example, how to add pet system. Maybe for more specific questions could I PM you?

A3) a) As I said in my first post:

So I'm asking how to translate the game, because I've met this problem.

b) About the client, Is it considered compiling if I make some changes in " pack/root/" and use Eternexus to "compress" it again? If yes then alright.

But what about the serverfiles? We use CMake for compiling? Or VisualStudio? When we use one and when the other?

Thank you for your time!

P.S. Please excuse me for my questions, they might seem "stupid" for someone more experienced but I'm trying my best to learn. First I see tutorials and then I ask. I didn't just came here to get ready answers. I just made a post about the "dead end" I've been. Thank you for your patience.

of course the best files is 40k and for the NPCs and maps you can change them easily the game isn't about maps or NPCs but source and without a source you can't add new systems like the ones mentioned above or new systems , of course the clean files are the best for a beginner , for mainline and novaline I don't know about them but as I saw they said that this files are clean .

I don't mind to help you , but you need to know I'm not an expert , I'm still learning  also :D

what do you need to translate exactly ? the client ? or the game ? 

you can translate the client from locale/xx / locale_game.txt / locale_interface.txt / jobdesc_assassin.txt jobdesc_shaman.txt jobdesc_sura.txt
 jobdesc_warrior.txt  skilldesc.txt empiredesc_a /b/c  and itemdesc.txt 

for the server side you can translate from  translate.lua  

for the things you added in client files you need to pack them every time you add something or delete the same goes for the sources 

when you make changes in the source you need to compile it

for the client source you need to use visual studio,  for the server  you can compile it on FreeBSD 

• Love 1