• Premium

Obviously I have it, but its not for sale or anything like that. I think I already explained how does it work here:

Also wanted to make a video talking about the making of AE's wiki, which depends on this feature, but unfortunately didn't have time to finish it so far.

• Love 2

The one and only UI programming guideline

You need to create a delimiter to only render inside of it.

I think there's many ways to do it, but here's how I did:

I created a new flag that I apply to a window.

Once this flag is applied, I'm processing all the children windows with the delimiter coordinates to render only what's inside of it ant cut what's outside.

You don't really need this compatibility on every windows types as you won't use them all.

What's most important is ExpendedImageBox or ImageBox and TextLine.

The easiest windows types to make compatible are Line, Bar and Box you should train on them.

I had to work a few days on that so take your time, it's a bit tricky especialy for the font rendering.

• Love 1

• Premium
17 minutes ago, ElRenardo said:

Once this flag is applied, I'm processing all the children windows with the delimiter coordinates to render only what's inside of it ant cut what's outside.

You don't really need this compatibility on every windows types as you won't use them all.

The easiest windows types to make compatible are Line, Bar and Box you should train on them.

I had to work a few days on that so take your time, it's a bit tricky especialy for the font rendering.

I couldn't have explained it better myself.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:06 PM, ElRenardo said:

Thank you, I made some progress.

Im stuck here https://metin2.download/picture/tVDrBSZIisYOl2CMxMWSG1n9b1HSMdwp/.gif

any tips?

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

Hi there!

It is my homemade version.... I saw this topic and I was curious how difficult it was to do, and it wasn't that difficult.  :)

Gl to make it!

Hungarian power!

8f777d4355d2467d07b3abb9f8471376.gif

307933101736397aa356dbc74cdb1357.gif

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 3

All wolves are gray in the dark.

• Bronze

Obviously @Denis is asking if someone can share it or help, not for opinions like if is hard or not.

I'm looking for the same thing, I'm waiting to see some serious answers that can be really useful, or even better someone to share it and help the community is really useful function.

Thanks.

• Premium
46 minutes ago, HITRON said:

Obviously @Denis is asking if someone can share it or help, not for opinions like if is hard or not.

I'm looking for the same thing, I'm waiting to see some serious answers that can be really useful, or even better someone to share it and help the community is really useful function.

Thanks.

Excuse me? You are "waiting to see useful answers"? Who exactly do you think you are? If nobody wants to share it, they are free to do so, nobody here is forced to share anything.

And believe me you wouldn't want such a community, because If we actually were a community where everyone is forced to share useful things to be able to register as a member and view its content, then you couldn't be a part of it since you're not contributing anything, thus you would be unable to leech.

If you want it, contact someone specifically and pay for it, or learn to do it yourself. That's how a community works. If you don't like it then you can kindly fuck off. We don't need people like you here.

Denis is a very valid developer, although in your eye "no answer was useful", he managed to almost replicate it perfectly. "How?" you ask? Because he's a developer and learned to work with the little information he's given, while you don't understand shit about it and want the full system right off the bat.

No, kiddo, nobody is going to give you anything for free. Everyone learned through time spent and endless trial-and-error, so pay for your ignorance or start reading a book or two instead of crying and expecting everyone to serve you.

• Love 1

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

• Bronze
27 minutes ago, Syreldar said:

Excuse me? You are "waiting to see useful answers"? Who exactly do you think you are? If nobody wants to share it, they are free to do so, nobody here is forced to share anything.

And believe me you wouldn't want such a community, because If we actually were a community where everyone is forced to share useful content to be able to register as a member and view its content, then you couldn't be a part of it since you're not contributing anything, thus you would be unable to leech.

If you want it, contact someone specifically and pay for it, or learn to do it yourself. That's how a community works. If you don't like it then you can kindly fuck off. We don't need people like you here.

Who exactly you think you are and getting my post so wrong? and criticize like that? Nobody force anyone to share anything.

I'm asking if someone can share it, and i'm not waiting anything for free i already asked some people to do this for money, (We aren't everyone Developers to do it.)

I know exactly how Community works. I didn't flame you and didn't give u any reason to do it so, and who the fk you think you are to talk like that to me.

If you search for fights you are in the wrong place, maybe your sad life makes you to be so salty (At the end is just a function to be so salty in the comments)., Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Bronze

It was hard but i figure it out and i did it full in all Images and every single Textline in any case, I think i got lost when i rewrote the whole PythonWindow but i got a issue that is not taking the right size of the board and is hiding the Text / Image when is little bit out from the Window anyone who can guide a little bit? (I did a lot of changes in ui.py too but the only thing that left is that.)

9d037427884edc7b783e8c5c7bf68b42.gif

Edited by Metin2 Dev

Hey !

Nice, you did well.

You seems to have forgotten to store the width of the parent window in the rect you want to render in.

Remember, you have to know the coordinate of the parent window so that the rect is well placed on the screen.

Is it only the image that is still rendered outside the right or font too ?

Is it working on the left side ?

• Love 1

• Bronze
47 minutes ago, ElRenardo said:

Hey !

Nice, you did well.

You seems to have forgotten to store the width of the parent window in the rect you want to render in.

Remember, you have to know the coordinate of the parent window so that the rect is well placed on the screen.

Is it only the image that is still rendered outside the right or font too ?

Is it working on the left side ?

I stored the width of the parent window in the rect, but i think is because of the board Image is little bit curve at the edges need to use something as prefix to render like 5px before but what will happen with other boards?

Is rendering outside both of them.

Is working perfectly in all sides, for you is working good without to getting out from the board?

As i saw in the video that Denis shared seems that @masodikbela have the same issue as me, do you have fixed it?

Thanks.

• Premium

I don't really see the problem here. So far I use this method only in the aeldra wiki, where I always use a normal base window (which is transparent) as a "peek window", and a second base window (which is also transparent, but contains all the stuff, could be very large). With the first window I can control the size of the visible area, and I put all the stuff onto the second window (so thats the parent window of the real content).

Without that obviously you will use the size of the parent window which includes the edges in this case and it will feel like it goes out of the window (but in reality it doesnt).

• Love 1

• Bronze
1 minute ago, masodikbela said:

I don't really see the problem here. So far I use this method only in the aeldra wiki, where I always use a normal base window (which is transparent) as a "peek window", and a second base window (which is also transparent, but contains all the stuff, could be very large). With the first window I can control the size of the visible area, and I put all the stuff onto the second window (so thats the parent window of the real content).

Without that obviously you will use the size of the parent window which includes the edges in this case and it will feel like it goes out of the window (but in reality it doesnt).

I was trying to make the real board to work with Render thats why i didn't had any success, your method is clever and really this helped me a lot now. Thank you very much!

Oh yeah, ok, I though as the right side of the gif is cut that the image was still rendered outside the right border.

Of course, the edge of a board, even if it's transparent will be inside the rect of the board. As Masodikbela said, you should create an empty window at the pos and size you need and use it as a layer to render in !

• Love 1

• Bronze
4 hours ago, ElRenardo said:

Oh yeah, ok, I though as the right side of the gif is cut that the image was still rendered outside the right border.

Of course, the edge of a board, even if it's transparent will be inside the rect of the board. As Masodikbela said, you should create an empty window at the pos and size you need and use it as a layer to render in !

Yes, Thank you all for the fast respond in my question this really helped me out.

You can also use windef macros and use way less CWindows and workarounds, I made my client borderless (full screen over the taskbar but not locked as top window like actual fullscreen) with this exact method. Those macros, in the right execution order are: SetWindowLongPtr, SetRect, AdjustWindowRectEx, MoveWindow, SetWindowPos. You can have a look at how they are used in PythonApplication.cpp bool CPythonApplication::Create(PyObject * poSelf, const char * c_szName, int width, int height, int Windowed) for game window, but they can be applied to any window handler.

• Bronze
25 minutes ago, OtherChoice said:

You can also use windef macros and use way less CWindows and workarounds, I made my client borderless (full screen over the taskbar but not locked as top window like actual fullscreen) with this exact method. Those macros, in the right execution order are: SetWindowLongPtr, SetRect, AdjustWindowRectEx, MoveWindow, SetWindowPos. You can have a look at how they are used in PythonApplication.cpp bool CPythonApplication::Create(PyObject * poSelf, const char * c_szName, int width, int height, int Windowed) for game window, but they can be applied to any window handler.

Can you show me with gif what you mean with the bordeless / full screen over the taskbar?

Is not possible with this method to do the Render as i know.

@HITRONIf you use two screen setup you can use, move, click, watch Netflx on the other screen still playing at fullscreen on the first one (if you played either guild wars2 or blackdesert online you should have seen those settings, and I'm sure there are lot more games using this)

https://metin2.download/picture/h93q7l1XgytOaV5fVBM5f5672pwtb1Cb/.gif

Edited by Metin2 Dev