[Visual Mod] Dogs

tierrilopes

• Silver

wtf?
zXVIHwR.png

it turns out instead of the standard mobs it allows you to make all the mobs visually dogs. Who the hell needs it? do you consider this optimization in its purest form?
Anyway thanks for the release.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 4

• Forum Moderator
On 11/20/2019 at 9:44 AM, Helia01 said:

it turns out instead of the standard mobs it allows you to make all the mobs visually dogs. Who the hell needs it? do you consider this optimization in its purest form?

OFF: This thing is available in polish servers since 2012, their idea was: "Let's say that we're in Devil's Catacomb and i want my client to be optimized, i enabled this option and all bosses/mobs become a dog, now everything is perfect, no lag anymore, WTF, we did metin2 great again, we're genius."

ON: Instead of this non-logic thing, you can enable/disable effects from mobs with game option, that's all what you need.

Inside of Area.cpp -> RenderEffect you could do a simple check for ignore specific type of effects for being rendered, also this change will be in real time, you don't need to close/open client.

On 11/20/2019 at 11:09 AM, Helia01 said:

Speaking of effects, do you have any idea how to fix the effects processing so that you don't get a black screen when you minimize and maximize the client?
All decisions in release which consisted in not stopping rendering of effects at folding seems to me any nonsense.

I don't think is so hard, inside of loop function related about rendering effects you could do a check if your client is minimized to stop rendering them.

You could add this before __UpdateEffectList(), inside of void CArea::RenderEffect(). (i didn't test it)

Hidden Content

// Stop rendering effects while window is minimized.
    const HWND hWnd = CPythonApplication::Instance().GetWindowHandle();
    const bool isMinimized = static_cast<bool>(IsIconic(hWnd));
    if (isMinimized)
    	return;

• Love 2

• Silver
1 minute ago, VegaS™ said:

OFF: This thing is available in polish servers since 2012, their idea was: "Let's say that we're in Devil's Catacomb and i want my client to be optimized, i enabled this option and all bosses/mobs become a dog, now everything is perfect, no lag anymore, WTF, we did metin2 great again, we're genius."

ON: Instead of this non-logic thing, you can enable/disable effects from mobs with game option, that's all what you need.

Inside of Area.cpp -> RenderEffect you could do a simple check for ignore specific type of effects for being rendered, also this change will be in real time, you don't need to close/open client.

"Let's say that we're in Devil's Catacomb and i want my client to be optimized, i enabled this option and all bosses/mobs become a dog, now everything is perfect, no lag anymore, WTF, we did metin2 great again, we're genius"
ahahahhahaahaha ?
Yeah, it's probably the best optimization I've ever seen. ?

Speaking of effects, do you have any idea how to fix the effects processing so that you don't get a black screen when you minimize and maximize the client?
All decisions in release which consisted in not stopping rendering of effects at folding seems to me any nonsense.

Dnia 20.11.2019 o 10:03 AM, VegaS™ napisał:

I don't think is so hard, inside of loop function related about rendering effects you could do a check if your client is minimized to stop rendering them.

You could add this before __UpdateEffectList(), inside of void CArea::RenderEffect(). (i didn't test it)

// Stop rendering effects while window is minimized.
const HWND hWnd = CPythonApplication::Instance().GetWindowHandle();
const bool isMinimized = static_cast<bool>(IsIconic(hWnd));
if (isMinimized)
	return;

You laugh at the Poles, and they make one of the most professional servers of this game. Are you saying you haven't tested this code? In my opinion, you don't test anything even the systems you sell.

• Confused 1
  • Love 2