Fix Effect Bug when Game is Minimized

Mafuyu

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Nirray:

It doesn't work, I assure you.

tested it for 3 hours, works fine. You have some mistakes made :)

vor 15 Minuten schrieb filipw1:

I didn't analyze code but I'm sure it would decrease performance 

yes, instead of 1,5% the game will take 4,5% in background (atleast on my pc) so its wayne ^^

• Premium
3 minuty temu, Mafuyu napisał:

yes, instead of 1,5% the game will take 4,5% in background (atleast on my pc) so its wayne ^^

Open more in game windows and tell me what happens, I'm curious about that 

7 minutes ago, Mafuyu said:

Yeah, mistakes... to change from false to true ?
It's about ddraw library, granny and the way the system creates windows itself, not just "canRender = bool" thing.
Minimized fullscreen client with correct fix:
https://metin2.download/picture/0utqnvAFlS2NTEvDqVzP3U2w28Quvj78/.gif

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 6
  • Think 1
  • Good 6
  • Love 1
  • Love 11

I completely abandoned working on the files for this game. I do not respond to private messages.

.png

• Premium
22 minuty temu, Nirray napisał:

It's about ddraw library, granny and the way the system creates windows itself, not just "canRender = bool" thing.

I didn't test that yet but he could be right anyways. If it works there is a simplier solution for that problem 

Edited by Metin2 Dev

vor 43 Minuten schrieb Nirray:

its not needed to do this too because its completly irrelevant if the mini window shows the live game or if it show nothing

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mafuyu said:

its not needed to do this too because its completly irrelevant if the mini window shows the live game or if it show nothing

Well, then just leave a game with this"fix" minimized in the city full of players or in a place full of mobs (or any .gr2 non-static models [I'm not counting speedtree engine rendered trees]) and come back here with blackscreen bug.
Mini-window means that the directdraw is working even when minimized, still performing (carrying out) background calculations and it's not skipping frames like default metin2 client does (default: leave the game in the full window minimized for a few minutes/hours and you will see a framerate drop or freeze + fog draw distance change, shadow level change, LOD errors, .mse unlocking from cache [showing effects like quest arrow, skill effects etc.*)

* I mean catching up since minimizing
c4af59e181f93980fd0bcb10e37150.jpg

Edited by Metin2 Dev

I completely abandoned working on the files for this game. I do not respond to private messages.

.png

• Silver
9 hours ago, Nirray said:

Well, then just leave a game with this"fix" minimized in the city full of players or in a place full of mobs (or any .gr2 non-static models [I'm not counting speedtree engine rendered trees]) and come back here with blackscreen bug.
Mini-window means that the directdraw is working even when minimized, still performing (carrying out) background calculations and it's not skipping frames like default metin2 client does (default: leave the game in the full window minimized for a few minutes/hours and you will see a framerate drop or freeze + fog draw distance change, shadow level change, LOD errors, .mse unlocking from cache [showing effects like quest arrow, skill effects etc.*)

* I mean catching up since minimizing
c4af59e181f93980fd0bcb10e37150.jpg

Yes, it’s true, in order to correct a black screen error, it is necessary to skip frames correctly and “freeze” to clear old effects and load new ones after the window has unminimized :D

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, alexghinet said:

Is good but single problem is cause "?? ?? ??" Will appear afther some time

No it doesnt, maybe if you use some kind of random garbage client. Every basic client will work just fine. You have some other issues in your source. I had this fix on my public server for 5 month without any crashes!

15 hours ago, Mafuyu said:

No it doesnt, maybe if you use some kind of random garbage client. Every basic client will work just fine. You have some other issues in your source. I had this fix on my public server for 5 month without any crashes!

Okay , thanks ! mby .mde skins have troubbles. i mean in generaly

What vs do u use?

On 4/9/2020 at 5:45 PM, alexghinet said:

Okay , thanks ! mby .mde skins have troubbles. i mean in generaly

What vs do u use?

my client runs with vs2019, everything is up2date

i also use .mde weapon skins, for me they have absolutley no problems, as i said this changes runs on my PUBLIC server for 4 month without any crash or smth like this.

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.