Game Performance Discussion / MySQL Indexing / Other Options

1) How i can use MySQL Indexing with the M2 Database
2) What we can do about the "lags" ingame to improve the Players Game Quality
3) What we can do to optimize the MySQL Performance is it better to use MariaDB ?
4) What we also have for Options to improve the Players Game Quality. ?
5) Should i disable useless Logs to improve the Performance ?

Tipp) it reduce the lags if you run your database just on "localhost" and you can also use
navicat if u use a SSH Tunel with SSH Keys and you will see a change after u do that and maybe someone
doesnt have it allready and i help him with it i know its nothing but hey its a begining..

Tipp2) it reduce the lags if you compiler your Binary in distribute Option its faster then the
other options as release and debug ! realy meleys why you say that? (bcs newer users dont know that!)
and by the way work together as a community together we find better solutions

On 7/25/2019 at 3:47 PM, WeedHex said:

5) How can I disable every useless log that will kill my memory.

i do not wanna disable any logs ? i need it i do not know what
u dont like but (maybe because my english is shit) you dont have to
be harsh or "funny for the community" i allready know that im not the best but i learn everyday.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:51 PM, WeedHex said:

I told "Useless"

I don't understand your english very well but I understand that you don't like to get help.

It was a suggestion from my experience. 

im sorry that i say that to you. i report my answer to remove it now.. im sorry realy.
 it was just a misstake xD

About server performance. You don't need anything big, server is ready for X thousand players by default. Just do not be paranoid about perfomance things.

I use novaline only with rewrited select querys to smart pointers, and updated boost. Tested with 2500+ online players without problem (i7-6700, freebsd 12, 32GB RAM, 6 channels). 

About client perfomance. First - Do not touch ymir texture files, Second - Do not use a lot of trees and objects on the map, Three - Be a good c++ programmer for rewrite some things (btw. i am not). 

• Love 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb flexio:

About server performance. You don't need anything big, server is ready for X thousand players by default. Just do not be paranoid about perfomance things.

I use novaline only with rewrited select querys to smart pointers, and updated boost. Tested with 2500+ online players without problem (i7-6700, freebsd 12, 32GB RAM, 6 channels). 

About client perfomance. First - Do not touch ymir texture files, Second - Do not use a lot of trees and objects on the map, Three - Be a good c++ programmer for rewrite some things (btw. i am not). 

The Problem in my mind is following situation i know that on Metin2.DE on the first map1 blue , there stands arround mhm maybe 900 Players and the server doesnt give any lags out and i do not realy understand it i can make everything against it buy a perfect server and optimize so many things but it its not like on .DE and i do not understand that and thats why i learning so intensive C++ to understand that problem and solve it.. thats the problem whats going on in my "crazy" mind. (and i also learn C++ to help the community and work as a Coder)

1 minute ago, iMeleys said:

The Problem in my mind is following situation i know that on Metin2.DE on the first map1 blue , there stands arround mhm maybe 900 Players and the server doesnt give any lags out and i do not realy understand it i can make everything against it buy a perfect server and optimize so many things but it is not like on .DE and i do not understand that and thats why i learning so intensive C++ to understand that problem and solve it.. thats the problem whats going on in my mind.

Primary problem with lags is in packet delay- I fixed it by disable packet encryption and little change in void CPythonNetworkStream::GamePhase()

DaH0.png

*inspired by martysama*

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 4

vor 25 Minuten schrieb flexio:

Primary problem with lags is in packet delay- I fixed it by disable packet encryption and little change in void CPythonNetworkStream::GamePhase

*inspired by martysama*

Thank you for posting it but maybe this is only one problem from manys inside
the branch and yeah but everbody know now whats going on in my mind

maybe someone know more about it i will let this thread open for everyone and
together we can find a real solution for it.  (not mean your solution is not a
solution i mean its one thing to make it better but theres other solutions too)

Sincerly
Meleys

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Kori:

In my opinion I don't remove the packet encryption and I can't find lags on my server but your screen is a good thing I will test @flexio

sorry that i write so much today but all what i wanna say if u run a test and load the metin2 client from
the official homepage u can run over the map1 and see (theeres no single lag) and if u make it on
your server u will see "micro lags" its sounds much less important then it is because if you have much

players like 2,000 on a daily base with "beautiful shinings" and much "objects" on maps u will get hard lags
and i mean this seriously its not a happy thing if your community suffer under that and "DE" had find a solution
and if they can do that we can also do it rubinum has also find a little solution not a perfect one but they give users

the option to hide this armore shinings and other stuff in the systemoptions and maybe other coders read this
think about this topic and have somenthing to say about it too i would be happy to see it

Sincerly
Your Meleys

1 hour ago, Kori said:

In my opinion I don't remove the packet encryption and I can't find lags on my server but your screen is a good thing I will test @flexio

For me lags happend when was 100+ players in view distance. Example delays for equip items. Edit from screen fix problem. And right, packet encryption primary changes auth/loading screen speed

• Love 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb flexio:

For me lags happend when was 100+ players in view distance. Example delays for equip items. Edit from screen fix problem. And right, packet encryption primary changes auth/loading screen speed

right and this not happen on the official servers but what is the solution to it ? it must be a
realy simple solution.. and maybe someone have more knowledge about it then we have actually

was my last answer today and it was a realy hot day here 41*c here unbelivable hot and i couldnt even
thinking right over what i writing to the community ..

Sincerly
Meleys

4 hours ago, flexio said:

Primary problem with lags is in packet delay- I fixed it by disable packet encryption and little change in void CPythonNetworkStream::GamePhase()

DaH0.png

*inspired by martysama*

It's logic, they are set for the oldtimes when the hardware were not so advanced and very expensive and also ymir paranoia

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1