[QUEST] Selection on login

Go to solution Solved by WeedHex,

Hello everyone, 

I've noticed that selection on login doesn't really work after you select the option you want 

Example :

when login with pc.get_map_index() == MAP_INDEX begin
			if select("AAAAAA","BBBBBB") == 1 then
				notice("AAAAAA")
			else
				notice("BBBBBB")
			end
		end

Does anyone know of any other working case for this situation. ( I just want to use LUA for now )

Thank you .

55 minutes ago, WeedHex said:

Wtf you want to do? Send a notice on login? Why you make the select buttons? At least put say() before...

That was just an example, even if i put say() before that wouldn't matter the select doesn't seem to work without a target or letter.

and what i need this for is for dungeon rejoin, after getting disconnected you'd get a select option to either Rejoin or Abandon the dungeon you were in. 
As for now i made it with letter but i guess i'll make GUI for it if the select isn't an option.

thought it could only be a problem on my server maybe ? 

• Premium
  • Solution
Better a delay with timer in this case.
Spoiler

when login with pc.get_map_index() == MAP_INDEX begin

if IsCrashed() then

timer("forced_rejoin",3)

end

end

when forced_rejoin.timer begin

pc.warp(index, x, y)

end

• Love 1

• Bronze

Hi, this is a common issue. Maybe is because at login is set to a null pointer but im not sure (didn't check actually)

Anyway, if you are trying to write "rejoin func" into dungeons keep in mind that each time someone leaves the dungeon and it has timers on him, timers will be removed.

Therefore i suggest you to take a better look on this function because it can be messy af :) 

As long as I'll be a threat for you , i will always be your target :3

7 hours ago, Braxy said:

Hi, this is a common issue. Maybe is because at login is set to a null pointer but im not sure (didn't check actually)

Anyway, if you are trying to write "rejoin func" into dungeons keep in mind that each time someone leaves the dungeon and it has timers on him, timers will be removed.

Therefore i suggest you to take a better look on this function because it can be messy af :) 

Yeah i did realize that, had to edit some of the main timers on quests to server timers instead and it seem to work just fine for now ( Im just testing the functionality on 2 -3 dungeons for now )