Hey.

After finally reaching high levels of frustration, I decided to post this topic.

How do I get to install source on VirtualBox? I Tried literally everything (except anything that actually works, apparently). To give you a little bit of context: I'm new to this, and have been trying for the last 18 hours (I wish this was a joke. NO I DID NOT EVEN SLEEP FOR A MINUTE TRYING TO SET UP SUCH A F NON COMPLEX THING AS THIS) to set a clean source in my localhost. Since this is basic (after all isn't this the first thing that everyone should do, I mean, you don't turn a car on without an engine) I thought that this would be one of those things that you simply easily get. However, I'm full of doubts and there isn't a single tutorial that is up-to-date in here (and apparently there's a lot of misinformation. I didn't even think that I was this dumb (to the point in which I'd be asking something that has certainly been done thousands of times such as this one).

So I'll leave you with another question that I don't really understand why still exists (I believe I'm not the only one having this): is it actually possible (or not) to use newer versions of FreeBSD (such as 11.3 x64 or 12.0 x 64)? If no, which one should we be using? 9.2? 9.3? I've seen many tutorials in which people were using 9.3, however, this seems to contradict some other people that say that the game can only run in 9.2 (and why the hell is there still confusion about this - if someone can actually prove that it is possible to actually run something in one way how isn't that enough for that to become "true" and "acceptable" by everybody, so we can stop spreading misinformation).

Ps: Yes. I know that I could simply download some ready-to-go vdi file with all those things ready, however I believe that in order to become successful in doing something, we should start... from the beginning, so please don't answer stupid things such as links to already-done things (and actually most of the tutorials, since I'm pretty sure that I've much likely seen and tried them).

My english sucks, by the way, so if I did misspelled something, I'm sorry (probably gonna edit this a few times while checking for errors in this text).

Thank you for reading.

• Premium

The fact you see most of stuff made with freebsd 9.3 its because it was the newest version at the time.
amd64 requires a bit more work, i suggest you go with default i386.

You can compile and use it in newest freebsd versions aswell, and that will probably keep being true.

Software for source + test server:

• gmake
  • makedepend
  • gcc/clang
  • python
  • mysqlXX-server

Depending on what source you use, you may also need to install:

• libjpeg
  • boost-libs
  • python
  • google-test
  • Love 1

Thank you. However, I have done that all at somepoint (even tried with 9.3 i386) and always got errors. Most of them have already been reported somewhere here. None of them (from what I've seen, except from two - that happen to be "unavailable") got a single answer. Edit: I am gonna keep searching and then give news.

• 2 weeks later...
vor 20 Minuten schrieb iamgroot:

Definitely haven't been able to set the server on yet. Frustrating. If anyone could help.

c'mon guys nobody helps him over anydesk ? ❤️
look how frustatet he is , he have a good heart so i help him u can write me over
a private message and then if i have the time for it i will help you to set it up ;)

• Love 2