Gameforge sucks

sxvoyz

GF board: We need to shut down all P-Servers so that we prevent our server of dyeing.

GF employee 1: Let`s close the biggest P-Server, and rebrand our servers with their name.

GF board: Imagini pentru ma nigga

GF employee 2: Or maybe we should start reading the request of players, that we didn't read for 10 years.

GF board: image.png.ec1dfdc4edb601153244007bb62e1b96.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Honorable Member

Even if i'm a bit late for this, i have to state some things out after reading through all of your replies.

One important thing - and you might hate me for saying this - is the unjustified blame on gameforge. I totally agree on the itemshop / pay2win blaming though. But everything that goes beyond this is just bunk. Gameforge, as the publisher of Metin2 in most of the countries has all and every right to take any action against privately, not licensed versions of the game and the related people. Blaming them for doing this shows, how some of you think about others property. You HAVE to keep in mind that you steal others property and making profit of it. That's not legal. In no country.

The files are not free, not open source or something similar. Metin2 was created by YMIR back in the days and the company who owns YMIR is the legal holder of all rights regarding this game.

Blaming and ranting them for this is more than wrong.

Never the less i believe that private servers have given a lot to the game and its live. It would be a shame to see this dying soon but I wouldn't necessarily be sad either due to some individuals that try to squeeze every possible euro from their players and the game.

• Good 1
  • Love 10

Well, in my case I blame Gameforge for the state that this game is in. But I didn't had any high expectations because I know that everything GF touches, dies, and that's a fact. Regarding the source, I'm pretty sure I didn't steal it. But I agree with you they have all the rights to act against p-servers that are ruin this community, Rubinum wasn't one of the servers that ruin the community. And about the copyrights laws, I'm pretty sure that Iran doesn't have any, and other 2-3 countries.

At the rate that sources are modified, we can talk about open source.

mxW5OW2.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 1

Acum 1 oră, pollux a spus:

So stealing a car and painting it in another color makes it legally your car? ?‍♂️

Nop, because I didn't steal that car my "car" was bought. So technical I'm not the thief, I'm a "pirate". And if I steal a car and change 80% from it, that isn't your car anymore, except for the engine if i don't replace that too.

• Honorable Member

5 minutes ago, Fr3zy94 said:

Nop, because I didn't steal that car my "car" was bought. So technical I'm not the thief, I'm a "pirate". And if I steal a car and change 80% from it, that isn't your car anymore, except for the engine if i don't replace that too.

Getting something from a thief also doesn't make you the new owner. Neither changing most of it. If you think like that, you are - and sorry that i have to state this out - a little bit dumb (or naive).

Acum 1 minut, pollux a spus:

Getting something from a thief also doesn't make you the new owner. Neither changing most of it. If you think like that, you are - and sorry that i have to state this out - a little bit dumb (or naive).

You know my problem is with the thief part, not the owner part. In court, the judge will request for the analysis of the code and graphic stuff by comparing code.

• Honorable Member
17 hours ago, Fr3zy94 said:

You know my problem is with the thief part, not the owner part. In court, the judge will request for the analysis of the code and graphic stuff by comparing code.

This doesn't matter in the end. And even if it does, you still used the client and all the resources (sounds, models and so on).

• Love 1

• Premium
17 hours ago, Fr3zy94 said:

I'd really like to know what is the matter if you stole the resources or you did not (all of the people did, sorry). Do you use them? Of course you do. Modifications? Open source? Ahahah. Well, at least you mentioned the engine. Don't forget about granny and speedtree. I doubt that you modified those too. We all are thieves/pirates, call it whatever you want. The end of debate.

Acum 2 ore, Sandworks a spus:

I'd really like to know what is the matter if you stole the resources or you did not (all of the people did, sorry). Do you use them? Of course you do. Modifications? Open source? Ahahah. Well, at least you mentioned the engine. Don't forget about granny and speedtree. I doubt that you modified those too. We all are thieves/pirates, call it whatever you want. The end of debate.

Spoiler

There are a lot of options that you can replace the original stuff, the only question is it worthed? In my opinion, no, is a bit too late to create something similar to Metin. You know that if I re-write the game, that code is mine, I have the rights to use it.

Acum 2 ore, Anix a spus:

Buy a car, add some stuff on it and sell it under your brand. 

Well technically I'm not selling the car, I'm selling the "ride", and in most cases, stuff in the shop doesn't exist on an official server. In any case, I don't have the rights to use the server in the first place. Like I mentioned before, my problem is with the thief part, not with the ownership. I prefer to call my self a Pirate!

KmfYU0o.gif

qkVdGFw.gif

Edited by Metin2 Dev

• Management

The reality is that we're all thiefs and pirates. The source itself is proprietary, was leaked by someone, the thief, and now we are using it.

It happens with software when you crack it, for example, Navicat, who here bought navicat and who cracked it? And it goes for all licensed software...

raw

raw

• Premium

Yes Fr3zy but you still rent the car as “ferrari” instead of any brand you know what i mean. The game is advertised as metin not as fantasy mmprpg and it doesn’t have it’s own written code and stuff like that. I hate gameforge too for ruining such a game. You can open a game like that in china tho where this copyright law is useless.