Improving: Loading about Players

• Premium

Okay, it feels like now you think I'm the bad ugly dev here, because I refused to share or sell this stuff here despite I having it for more than a year. Moreover you took my detailed review about this fix as a personal attack. Let me clear some stuff here (I hope you manage to chill by the time you are reading this).

I wrote my answer without any hate or anything. Yes, like I said it felt a bit bad for not leaving any credit for the idea at least with a 1pt textsize that nobody can see but still there. My goal was to tell you the technical problems with your changes. I wrote nothing but the truth. Its always sad to see when someone ignores my technical advises but its more sad when someone misunderstands my intent. Truth sometimes painful but its always necessary. I could have write that "ahh man its even better than my solution, thank you very much, sorry for not telling you and releasing my version".  Would it help? Not sure. Did the stuff I do help? In long term I'm sure, but even in short term you changed that now all the motions load correctly, so I guess it did worth.

You were asking in the first comment for help and discussion, to improve your solution. I was hoping that my comment will serve this purpose. I wrote even more detailed in some topics there because you said that you are not a programmer. (I would have wrote it anyway because I know that there are not much people out there knowing about pooling and stuff.)

I've stopped releasing stuff long time ago, because it felt like giving fully ready stuff under people butts are moving the community and the devs in the wrong way. I've realized that there are no or not much professional devs out there because they are not trying to dive into deep inside stuff and they are doing it because of the money only. So I was thinking what could I do for this community to change this, or help changing this so we could get other more professional devs, and making some competition for the other pros out there. I came to this conclusion that if I explain stuff like this or stuff like the rect clippin would probably impel others to get some experience.

There is another reason why I didn't published this particular one is that I made this for a server as a freelancer under a contract, which says I can't share or sell stuff I made for them.

Also (and I'm writing this only to inform you, so no hate or anything still) that removing contents are forbidden on this forum.

• Love 1

The one and only UI programming guideline

• Premium
1 oră în urmă, masodikbela a spus:

Okay, it feels like now you think I'm the bad ugly dev here, because I refused to share or sell this stuff here despite I having it for more than a year. Moreover you took my detailed review about this fix as a personal attack. Let me clear some stuff here (I hope you manage to chill by the time you are reading this).

I wrote my answer without any hate or anything. Yes, like I said it felt a bit bad for not leaving any credit for the idea at least with a 1pt textsize that nobody can see but still there. My goal was to tell you the technical problems with your changes. I wrote nothing but the truth. Its always sad to see when someone ignores my technical advises but its more sad when someone misunderstands my intent. Truth sometimes painful but its always necessary. I could have write that "ahh man its even better than my solution, thank you very much, sorry for not telling you and releasing my version".  Would it help? Not sure. Did the stuff I do help? In long term I'm sure, but even in short term you changed that now all the motions load correctly, so I guess it did worth.

You were asking in the first comment for help and discussion, to improve your solution. I was hoping that my comment will serve this purpose. I wrote even more detailed in some topics there because you said that you are not a programmer. (I would have wrote it anyway because I know that there are not much people out there knowing about pooling and stuff.)

I've stopped releasing stuff long time ago, because it felt like giving fully ready stuff under people butts are moving the community and the devs in the wrong way. I've realized that there are no or not much professional devs out there because they are not trying to dive into deep inside stuff and they are doing it because of the money only. So I was thinking what could I do for this community to change this, or help changing this so we could get other more professional devs, and making some competition for the other pros out there. I came to this conclusion that if I explain stuff like this or stuff like the rect clippin would probably impel others to get some experience.

There is another reason why I didn't published this particular one is that I made this for a server as a freelancer under a contract, which says I can't share or sell stuff I made for them.

Also (and I'm writing this only to inform you, so no hate or anything still) that removing contents are forbidden on this forum.

You are wrong, wasn't about you. What you said was good. I will improve and understand completely how everything works this week.

• Sad 1

Thank you for re-opening i know at the moment im not good enough to find a real
Solution. I am only a Beginner in Learning C++ and reading Tons of Books.. but i know that this Topic is so Important !
That the Community have to Start working with each other and like i say before to talk again with each other !
i only seeing hate i see how bad people in the Community trying to harm each other but thats not right

and i think we all love to develop on Metin2 and i just hope that we can find a solution
because .DE has find it too ! so if .DE can do this we can also do that. and i hope that some Developers
from Rubinum like @HuNterukh can say somenthing to this Topic too because Rubinum also improve the players Game

Quality hope its okay to quoute you here Hunter. @Alpha also known as 'Tim66613' can also say somenthing
to it i know Tim you dont speak much in the Community but maybe this once for me .. ! all the Big People could
@martysama0134 and i hope they do for a little person like me and everyone. and maybe and i dont know but
maybe @iMer too ! "Dont wondering why i quouting you all but read the topic and you will know" maybe you all
hear me understand me and speak i hope so this text does not only goes to the big people that i know it goes to
every developer that are great in C++ ! ?

- Lovely Greetings / and sorry for my English
The Little Meleys :D

• Love 2

• Bronze
56 minutes ago, iFreakTime~.~ said:

It's because copy & paste, u need to paste them in a txt and edit with notepad++ and change the encoding to remove the unknown symbols there and after that you are able to paste them in visual studio binary source.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1

Acum 10 minute, Exygo a spus:

It's because copy & paste, u need to paste them in a txt and edit with notepad++ and change the encoding to remove the unknown symbols there and after that you are able to paste them in visual studio binary source.

Ahh, everytime i verify for the ? and unknown symbols, and this time i forgot. Thank you, good man. ?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Kori:

I think @Ikarus_ and Yiv or Chuck knows too all people are really good Developer with a gread knowlange about c++

Edit:
@Vanilla i think too :D

I heard someone mention my name?

I'm not a good dev but, for sure, I can take a look at it. Would be a nice project to work on.

• Love 2

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

• Bronze
5 hours ago, Kori said:

I think @Ikarus_ and Yiv or Chuck knows too all people are really good Developer with a gread knowlange about c++

Edit:
@Vanilla i think too :D

Pay up my friend

@iFreakTime~.~ your welcome, remember this, you could screw up bigger files for example changing char_item.cpp locale string lines with those kinds of mistake on the future.

• Love 1

@masodikbela I'm sorry for the off-topic but i am a bit confused with this, you are saying you managed to do a legal contract on a ilegal service (metin2 service)? Because a contract is backed up by the Law, unless your contract is something you wrote on notepad i can't see how that would work.

Keeping the on-topic, good job and keep it up.

• Premium
Acum 12 ore, .Paradox a spus:

@masodikbela I'm sorry for the off-topic but i am a bit confused with this, you are saying you managed to do a legal contract on a ilegal service (metin2 service)? Because a contract is backed up by the Law, unless your contract is something you wrote on notepad i can't see how that would work.

Keeping the on-topic, good job and keep it up.

Stay confused.

• Bronze
Am 4.7.2019 um 13:07 schrieb Flourine:

Tim is @Alpha

Nope ... Tim has left the scene a long time ago

Also Bela is right. Well you CAN rewrite the ResourceManager and make it more effective.

You can also just well do the whole playersettingModule.py in c++ directly and it will dramatically decrease loading times.

The calls from python to c++ and back slow it down immensely. (Or use Cython Freeze and cdef functions)

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium
55 minutes ago, jeddawee said:

Anyone please write the tutorial again :(

I make you responsible for future hate i will receive and i will forward my hospital bill to you.

Copy-pasted:

Open EterLib/ResourceManager.cpp and edit those:

int g_iLoadingDelayTime = 1;

const long c_Deleting_Wait_Time = 3600000*4;			// 3600000 = 1 h
const long c_DeletingCountPerFrame = 1;
const long c_Reference_Decrease_Wait_Time = 3600000*4;	// 3600000 = 1 h

Search

void CResourceManager::__DestroyCacheMap()

and inside of it comment this 

//m_pCacheMap.clear();

Search in UserInterface\PythonCharacterManagerModule.cpp

PyObject * chrmgrRegisterMotionData(PyObject* poSelf, PyObject* poArgs)

Under

CGraphicThing* pkMotionThing = pRaceData->RegisterMotionData(iMode, iMotion, c_szFullFileName, iWeight);

Add

if (pkMotionThing)
	{
		CResourceManager::Instance().LoadStaticCache(pkMotionThing->GetFileName());
		//TraceError(pkMotionThing->GetFileName());
	}

Search for from GameLib\RaceData.cpp

void CRaceData::RegisterMotionMode(WORD wMotionModeIndex)

Comment this

//pMotionModeData->MotionVectorMap.clear();
  • Love 2

hace 1 hora, tierrilopes dijo:

I make you responsible for future hate i will receive and i will forward my hospital bill to you.

Copy-pasted:

Open EterLib/ResourceManager.cpp and edit those:

int g_iLoadingDelayTime = 1;

const long c_Deleting_Wait_Time = 3600000*4;			// 3600000 = 1 h
const long c_DeletingCountPerFrame = 1;
const long c_Reference_Decrease_Wait_Time = 3600000*4;	// 3600000 = 1 h

Search

void CResourceManager::__DestroyCacheMap()

and inside of it comment this 

//m_pCacheMap.clear();

Search in UserInterface\PythonCharacterManagerModule.cpp

PyObject * chrmgrRegisterMotionData(PyObject* poSelf, PyObject* poArgs)

Under

CGraphicThing* pkMotionThing = pRaceData->RegisterMotionData(iMode, iMotion, c_szFullFileName, iWeight);

Add

if (pkMotionThing)
	{
		CResourceManager::Instance().LoadStaticCache(pkMotionThing->GetFileName());
		//TraceError(pkMotionThing->GetFileName());
	}

Search for from GameLib\RaceData.cpp

void CRaceData::RegisterMotionMode(WORD wMotionModeIndex)

Comment this

//pMotionModeData->MotionVectorMap.clear();

i dont have 
CGraphicThing* pkMotionThing=pRaceData->RegisterMotionData(iMode, iMotion, c_szFullFileName, iWeight);
in

PyObject * chrmgrRegisterCacheMotionData(PyObject* poSelf, PyObject* poArgs)

i already have it but in PyObject * chrmgrRegisterCacheMotionData(PyObject* poSelf, PyObject* poArgs)

like that, its okey?

thanks for answer

image.png.dafd68971ddedaebd99ca126eb7530ad.png

• 4 weeks later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.