[How²] use a vrunner ?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Dobrescu Sebastian:

When you try to start database and channels with server online after hours of online you will increase the risk of game having crashes with strange errors pointing to things that have nothing wrong. Don't use vrunner and if you have crash cores it's better to fix them.

no i dont have any core crashes and if i have them i would fix them instantly that u can believe :)
but the reason why is - if im away and no one can consulting me its better to have a vrunner thats why im needing that.

• Premium
Acum 11 minute, cat'meleys a spus:

no i dont have any core crashes and if i have them i would fix them instantly that u can believe :)
but the reason why is - if im away and no one can consulting me its better to have a vrunner thats why im needing that.

yes, but will create problems. After a week of using it your players will lose items when evolving them. And a vrunner is trying to open channels every second, while my script tryed each 10 minutes and still on longtime use will cause problems. If your server has players will have problems.

Only solution it's a laptop with password, something cheap,slime without weight and a phone for hotspot if you fear you are not at home.

freebsb sh file

#!/bin/sh

cd /home/game/channels/db/ && ./db &
sleep 600
cd /home/game/ && sh start_cron.sh &
sleep 2
echo "Done"

• Love 1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Dobrescu Sebastian:

yes, but will create problems. After a week of using it your players will lose items when evolving them. And a vrunner is trying to open channels every second, while my script tryed each 10 minutes and still on longtime use will cause problems. If your server has players will have problems.

Only solution it's a laptop with password, something cheap,slime without weight and a phone for hotspot if you fear you are not at home.

First time i hear that it will cause item loose , but holy good to know it.. hm i will think over it to find a solution (buying a second laptop only for this situations or use my Tablet with UNIX) and i will close this Thread right now thank you for your answer and your release a few minutes ago. :)

// Edit Thanks for the Code !

Hi there,

You shouldn't have problems with vrunner as long as:

- The db core don't crash. If it crashes, all the cached items / players will be erased without being saved, so, you'll get a rollback.

- The informations cached and shared between the channels are well loaded again so when your channel core crash it doesn't load bad or old informations.

See ya !

• Love 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb ElRenardo:

Hi there,

You shouldn't have problems with vrunner as long as:

- The db core don't crash. If it crashes, all the cached items / players will be erased without being saved, so, you'll get a rollback.

- The informations cached and shared between the channels are well loaded again so when your channel core crash it doesn't load bad or old informations.

See ya !

Before im writing to you im sorry about my english and i have a little question to you:
Do you have a Solution for not letting that happen that the cached items will be gone ?
because i allready have that problem on my Server right now that if im working my DB

only saves data in 5 minutes but if i restart to fast all the Items will be gone and i trying to
find a solution for that.

Il y a 6 heures, cat'meleys a dit :

Before im writing to you im sorry about my english and i have a little question to you:
Do you have a Solution for not letting that happen that the cached items will be gone ?
because i allready have that problem on my Server right now that if im working my DB

only saves data in 5 minutes but if i restart to fast all the Items will be gone and i trying to
find a solution for that.

If your db core is crashing you have a serious problem and you have to fix it quickly.

When a crash occur, the application abort immediatly, you can't retrieve cached informations or save them before aborting.

You have to kill it "gently" to trigger the save of the cache to the database before the application shutdown.

Remember to always close all the channels before closing the db core.

DB core must always be started first and killed last. If it's not, there will always be a risk of data loss.

Il y a 6 heures, Kori a dit :

Simple solution with a script 

Check pid is running :

If running do nothing 

If not running then start 

Create a cron and done 

I have done this for 2-3 years without problems 

It's the purpose of vrunner. It works exactly the same way but with a much better usability.

• Love 1