DirectQuery: MySQL connection was reconnected / game.core missing / File Format not recognized

first im sorry about my englisch second i try to find my game.core
i cannot find them inside the channel 1 theres only a linking file to the game but
for using GDB i must have a dump from my corefile "game.core" maybe im just to stupid for making that ? -.-
and somebody can explain me whats wrong.. and for not making this misstake ever again..

picture from /usr/home/game/channel1/core1/

d91fbf31afdc71ca906f2dd144f5b104.png

Linking core1_ch1 :

94404fa1c626a449145a843fc90caa40.png

what i trying to make :
today i wanna login to my server but its offline and the syserr saying me

SYSERR: Apr 15 02:35:36 :: DirectQuery: MySQL connection was reconnected. querying locale set
SYSERR: Apr 15 02:36:04 :: Process: FDWATCH: peer null in event: ident 21

(Dont wondering about the Date i just copy the same misstake from another Thread)

and for using gdb ( i must have a game.core)

bd9f7fd312e93450267114397da69c32.png

5217e400e660d481c4e8d01725ecb970.png

(and yeah i have search all solutions for that but none of that work) so.. yeah im realy need your help right now :)

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Premium
Spoiler

# gdb
(gdb) set gnutarget i386-marcel-freebsd

(gdb) file game
(gdb) core game.core
(gdb) bt full

(gdb) quit
#

#file, read the file in the core direct, where is the file game.core, more safe and fast.

If you strip your file, result of gdb will be useless, same if you analyze cores with different game file in the machine.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb WeedHex:
  Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

# gdb
(gdb) set gnutarget i386-marcel-freebsd

(gdb) file game
(gdb) core game.core
(gdb) bt full

(gdb) quit
#

#file, read the file in the core direct, where is the file game.core, more safe and fast.

If you strip your file, result of gdb will be useless, same if you analyze cores with different game file in the machine.

The problem is , there is no game.core file , and i dont strip my gamefile so ..
and i try to run the command : core /usr/home/game/share/game but the result is : is not a core dump: File format not recognized

vor 45 Minuten schrieb WeedHex:

Wtf ?

Yeah thats what im thinking too .. there is no game.core file only a linking to the game
u can see that on the picture in my first post.

EDIT: i searching a bit and find out that much people that using this files have the same problem as me right now
so i know that Kern1_Ch1 in englisch (core1_ch1) is a Fake Core "I Dont Know why" at the moment but i try to find
out why is there a Fake Core inside channel 1 and if i find out why maybe i can remove that to have a game.core again :)

vor einer Stunde schrieb cat'meleys:

Yeah thats what im thinking too .. there is no game.core file only a linking to the game
u can see that on the picture in my first post.

EDIT: i searching a bit and find out that much people that using this files have the same problem as me right now
so i know that Kern1_Ch1 in englisch (core1_ch1) is a Fake Core "I Dont Know why" at the moment but i try to find
out why is there a Fake Core inside channel 1 and if i find out why maybe i can remove that to have a game.core again :)

what they mean with "fake core" is that you're having a symbolic link to another file. This is a feature that allows you to access the same file on different locations without having to copy it. I do like to copy the game and use a script for updating, it's more convenient for me. But that's personal preference, it's not an error if you have symlinks..

.core files are a memory dump so you can backtrace the error. This only happens if the core crashes. If it does a graceful shutdown (like when you exit the process properly due to shutdown scripts etc.) it does not create a core file. Also, if the core recognises a fatal error and shuts itself down, a core file will not be created. It only happens it if "crashes" which means that an instruction could not be processed. I think something else crashed or shut the game down. You'd check syslog and other cores, especially the dbcache which is often the reason your whole server shuts down.

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

i dont know why they call that "fake core" but its fact that there is a symlinc to the original "game" file that i compile all the times but
for using gdb and finding a solution for solving my problem in the first post i have to remove that. but vanilla your post let me think about somenthing maybe the "Host" from my VPS is the reason why my server was down in the morning it could be possible because its not a good Host like OVH. and this Server is just for Developing i have no bad people that trying to DDoS my Server so maybe i will check the other syserror's and the dbcache like you say :)

so before i work now i will check all theese things and if its happend again and no core will be created there must be a other reason for it but at the moment my server is online and all is working like a charm so thank you very much for your post vanilla it helps me alot. ?

you can use gdb with symlinks, too. You can also cd to the directory you assume the faulty core is inside and run gdb "gamefilename". Then issue "run" and it'll start the game core while the debugger is attached to it and wait for the crash to happen. But as long as everything runs smoothly now, your core didn't crash at all and only the hoster went down. So yeah, keep observing it and watch yours logs. There's no need to debug if no crash happens :)

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.