Hello, for a few weeks I have a problem with a certain player creating new accounts just to spam on call insults to the staff members/server itself. I banned him on all his "main" accounts and now he is just pissed because he got banned and.. well just as I said he is creating new characters/accounts just to spam insults. It gets frustrating and IP ban is not a sollution. Do you have any advices on how should I permanently ban this player so he won't be able to join back on my server? Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Premium
2 hours ago, SergiuAndreiM said:

i did an command named ugly_ban and when i use it on a specific player it creates an folder somewhere in windows,and if you have that folder the game will not open.

Cool idea. But imho rather a system hidden file property could be applied instead of creating a file out of the client's folder. I know you called it an ugly_ban and that it is supposed to block ugly_people but still I find it unnecessary. Every player blocked will think of it as a server bound process unless he is able to track down your steps. In that case he is also able to remove the file all over again to unban himself and then whatever path becomes useless.

• Bronze
Acum 2 ore, Sandbone a spus:

Cool idea. But imho rather a system hidden file property could be applied instead of creating a file out of the client's folder. I know you called it an ugly_ban and that it is supposed to block ugly_people but still I find it unnecessary. Every player blocked will think of it as a server bound process unless he is able to track down your steps. In that case he is also able to remove the file all over again to unban himself and then whatever path becomes useless.

that's the moment when you use the windows delete command

• Lmao 1
  • Love 1

• Premium
47 minutes ago, SergiuAndreiM said:

that's the moment when you use the windows delete command

Am I missing something? What I was trying to say is:

1) that if the player realizes that the feature is not a serverside feature then he can simply use f.e. process monitor to scan what does your binary do to his filesystem, registry, etc.. and right after that it is really easy to delete the file or folder
2) that there is no reason to create the file or folder (I think it does not matter since it's just a breaking point) outside of the client's folder because it is pretty rude.

What else do you want to delete?

EDIT: Now I gotcha. My bad. I was two steps forward but forgot to make the first one.