Channel State Update

Hi! I have a small question about the whole ServerStateChecker method. Everything works fine with the system, except for the channel state update.

When I login for the first time, it looks like this: (CH1, CH2, and CH3 are online, but don't update)

27lgTrX.png

Only after I change the CH it updates to the correct values.

VviqIeT.png

uisystem.py MoveChannelWindow class: https://pastebin.com/694HbPX1

The values in serverinfo.py are changed by the NotifyChannelState function, I just don't know how to make them "reload" when the window is opened.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium
33 minutes ago, Paikei said:

Hi! I have a small question about the whole ServerStateChecker method. Everything works fine with the system, except for the channel state update.

When I login for the first time, it looks like this: (CH1, CH2, and CH3 are online, but don't update)

27lgTrX.png

Only after I change the CH it updates to the correct values.

VviqIeT.png

uisystem.py MoveChannelWindow class: https://pastebin.com/694HbPX1

The values in serverinfo.py are changed by the NotifyChannelState function, I just don't know how to make them "reload" when the window is opened.

If you want to update the values upon window opening:

Call the method inside the _init_ def. You'll have to pass the needed args to it. (addrKey, state).

If you want to update the values every login/map change: (still fixes your issue, but it's less precise)

Call the method inside the Open def. You'll have to pass the needed args to it. (addrKey, state).

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Confused 1

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

21 minutes ago, Syreldar said:

If you want to update the values upon window opening:

Call the method inside the _init_ def. You'll have to pass the needed args to it. (addrKey, state).

If you want to update the values every login/map change: (still fixes your issue, but it's less precise)

Call the method inside the Open def. You'll have to pass the needed args to it. (addrKey, state).

Am I not doing this already by calling self.RequestServerState() in the _init_?

• Premium
1 minute ago, Paikei said:

Am I not doing this already by calling self.RequestServerState() in the _init_?

The function that updates the states is NotifyChannelState, and it doesn't get called there as far as I can read from the pastebin.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Syreldar

1 minute ago, Syreldar said:

The function that updates the states is NotifyChannelState, and it doesn't get called there as far as I can read from the pastebin.

That is exactly what I'm unsure about. It's not called anywhere in the client, instead it gets executed by the binary after calling the RequestServerState function as far as I'm aware.

NotifyChannelState does get called, and it does change the values. It's just that the text itself doesn't update.

• Premium
1 hour ago, Paikei said:

That is exactly what I'm unsure about. It's not called anywhere in the client, instead it gets executed by the binary after calling the RequestServerState function as far as I'm aware.

NotifyChannelState does get called, and it does change the values. It's just that the text itself doesn't update.

It means it doesn't get called when it should, that's the only function that changes the states so I'm pretty sure I can't be wrong here. Try doing as I said.

self.__RefreshChannelStateList() <- Check this out also.

Syreldar