Looking for someone experienced with WorldEditor

• Premium

Hi, I need some informations/tips to make some work with WorldEditor, nothing complex, I will mostly make skyboxes, so I need someone patient that can guide me or write here some useful things that could help me work with Lights and Shadows on map. I never used WorldEditor except for armor/weapon/skill effects, so I'm totally blind regarding the environment section.

1st question: Gow do I make it show the map textures? rn it only shows water. NEhMYzQ.png

2nd question: How do I make it show the character's shadow, and once I'll be able to see it, how can I can redirect it where I want to?

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

I dont have that much exprience either but i know that Word Editor requires client files like textureset/zone/terrainmaps and so on. (The files must be in "D:" partition too).

Also with the shadow's, the PC doesnt' have any shadow and there is a key combination to reset and set the shadows for each object in the map. (I dont know it tho xD)

-- I might be wrong tho, as i said not that much experience either :P 

• Love 1

As long as I'll be a threat for you , i will always be your target :3

• Premium
3 hours ago, Braxy said:

I dont have that much exprience either but i know that Word Editor requires client files like textureset/zone/terrainmaps and so on. (The files must be in "D:" partition too).

Also with the shadow's, the PC doesnt' have any shadow and there is a key combination to reset and set the shadows for each object in the map. (I dont know it tho xD)

-- I might be wrong tho, as i said not that much experience either :P 

Thank you very much!

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Syreldar said:

Hi, I need some informations/tips to make some work with WorldEditor, nothing complex, I will mostly make skyboxes, so I need someone patient that can guide me or write here some useful things that could help me work with Lights and Shadows on map. I never used WorldEditor except for armor/weapon/skill effects, so I'm totally blind regarding the environment section.

1st question: Gow do I make it show the map textures? rn it only shows water. NEhMYzQ.png

2nd question: How do I make it show the character's shadow, and once I'll be able to see it, how can I can redirect it where I want to?

- 1: Download the WorldEditor ReMIX:

Spoiler

- 2: Create on your D:\ Drive a folder named "ymir work" and place the Downloadfiles there.

Spoiler

7c5fvpu4.png

- 3: Copy the following files from your client in the "ymir work" folder:

Spoiler

devil.dll
ilu.dll
mss32.dll
SpeedTreeRT.dll

- 3.1: It should look like that:

Spoiler

5374z2hd.png

- 4: Unpack the following files from your client and put it in your "ymir work" folder:

Spoiler

effect
environment (You can find this folder in "etc").
special (You can find this folder in "etc").
property
terrainmaps (You can find this folder in "terrain").
textureset
tree
zone

- 4.1: If you unpack the files, be sure that you take the right folder!
          Example: 

pack\effect\ymir work\effect

- 4.2: It should look like that:

Spoiler

9668cbe4.png

- 5: Create in your "tree"-folder a new folder named "shye" and in there a new folder named "officials".
       After you are done, copy all your .spt files from "tree" in your new "shye"->"officials" folder.

- 5.1: It should look like that:

Spoiler

uoeznxuy.png

- 5: If you want to see your character in the WorldEditor add following things.

Spoiler

-Create this folders: ymir work\pc\sura

- Add in the sura folder following things from your client: 
sura_face.dds
sura_novice.gr2
sura_novice_black.dds

- Create in the sura folder following folder: onehand_sword
And copy from your client the "wait.gr2" what you can find in the onehand_sword folder.

Spoiler

ffktoh4q.png

Now you should be able to see the all objects and textures.

I wrote this guide in the past - normally it should work without problems ?

P.S:
The shortcut for refresh the objects + shadows is F6.
But be sure you are completely "zoomed out" from the world.

- 5: Create in your "tree"-folder a new folder named "shye" and in there a new folder named "officials".
       After you are done, copy all your .spt files from "tree" in your new "shye"->"officials" folder.

This is not needed anymore..
I tested it actually and it worked fine without do the "shye" modification.

Don't forget to take a look in the WorldEditor.txt textfile.
You can read there a lot of useful informations.

Best regards
Raylee

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1