local select in login state quest problem

Hi there, thank for the viewing, I've got an ask guys, 

I'm working on language quest today and I got a problem never seen before, I wan't to use a local select function on my quest with a "when login begin" BUT.

But, when I make any choice, It didn't work, I've tried the same quest just replacing the when login begin with a with xxx.use begin and so the quest work completly.

Any idea ?

Thx

I mean this fucntion:

local c=select("1", "2")

if 1 == c then
                    chat("1")

elseif 2 == c then
                    chat("1")

• Premium

You can't trigger wait/select commands on login. Use a timer.

• Love 3

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

• Bronze

Hi,

in my opinion if you are a beginner just don't even bother with it.

Why not?:

- If you do this, each time the players enter the game (either is teleport or whatever) he has to chose the language for the quest.

- If you do it via global array keep in mind that Metin2 execute questlib.lua for each CH. (Means you will have 4 global arrays) * That can get you into a mess if you don't know how to do it properly *

- If you have the "value" into mysql the quest must select the value each time players enter the game (that will cause high usage of MYSQL) and also if you do it as i said via global array you will have the same problem.

Lua is kinda problematic with such stuff, that's why is always better on source :D 

As long as I'll be a threat for you , i will always be your target :3

• Forum Moderator
36 minutes ago, Braxy said:

- If you do this, each time the players enter the game (either is teleport or whatever) he has to chose the language for the quest.

If I am not mistaken, he said "language quest" which for him mean "The Programming Language Lua", not "chose language for quest", so your post-explanation have no sense in this case.

I'm working on language quest today and I got a problem never seen before.

As @Syreldar said, you can't do it with the default structure of ymir-gay, already i tried long time ago to debug it and fix it with many attempts, but no succes (at that time), i'll take a look again when i'll have time.

• Love 2

• Bronze
55 minutes ago, VegaS™ said:

If I am not mistaken, he said "language quest" which for him mean "The Programming Language Lua", not "chose language for quest", so your post-explanation have no sense in this case.

As @Syreldar said, you can't do it with the default structure of ymir-gay, already i tried long time ago to debug it and fix it with many attempts, but no succes (at that time), i'll take a look again when i'll have time.

Dear Vegas, read what i said again. The guy understood what i said. First point was about entering the game and selecting the language, wich obivously would of been shit. The second point im explaning how global arrays works via dofile used by questlib. And the third one is kinda the same but with mysql. What's you point here budy? Its obviulsy that you have something with me but alteast read what i said and try to understand the facts then come with a proper argument. Anyway, im not gonna give you too much atention, you had enough these past years ? 

• Confused 3

As long as I'll be a threat for you , i will always be your target :3