Newbie in metin2 (few questions)

• Premium

Hey,

I'm starting with the game server for this game and need some advice. Please help me :)

1.  When I want to edit (temporarily) a map,weapons etc, for example, how do I do it?
2.  Can you please recommend a client who will automatically patch? (i can buy it)
3.  How do I update a server without unnecessarily long shutdown? Can I edit files while the server is on and then restart the server?
4.  Can I ask for a good guide on how to install WorldEdit on Windows 10?
5.  Looking for a CMS for Metin2 with an Offline Store (IS) is there any?

Thank you,

Matthew

2 hours ago, matyasvane said:

Hey,

I'm starting with the game server for this game and need some advice. Please help me :)

1.  When I want to edit (temporarily) a map,weapons etc, for example, how do I do it?
2.  Can you please recommend a client who will automatically patch? (i can buy it)
3.  How do I update a server without unnecessarily long shutdown? Can I edit files while the server is on and then restart the server?
4.  Can I ask for a good guide on how to install WorldEdit on Windows 10?
5.  Looking for a CMS for Metin2 with an Offline Store (IS) is there any?

Thank you,

Matthew

1. You should specific what do you mean by 'edit' and 'temporarily'. Many things can be modified including 3d elements, textures, values, mechanics. Basically anything you can and cannot see while playing. Some of those things can be changed during execution time through coding, like values, mechanics and loading different external files such as textures models and so on. The latters can only by created and modified by external programs (not during execution time) or by including a whole new system in client and/or server source (for example a Guild flag editor ingame).

To have full access over game files you should learn how to code in the following languages: c++(client and server source), python(client root), lua(server-side quests), sql(database values) and probably also php, javascript, html5, css3 for a good website. There are also a few handy libraries to learn (and maybe update) if you want to deeply understand some nasty stuff around the source: namely boost and d3dx8, windows api and std (standard c++ library) are instead mandatory.

Apart from coding you will need furthert knowledge to really get into every part of the game. This knowledge includes 3d modelling, existing plugins allow you to convert 3DS (3d studio) models in gr2 used by client, Texturing, i do prefer gimp but anything will work, Map creation, made insanely easier through WorldEditor, Effect creation, such as skill effects, projectiles, auras and so on also handled by WorldEditor.

2. Build your own

3. Usually server shutdown and restart won't take longer than a few minutes, downtime strictly depends on the operations you are performing while server is closed. You can edit the source codes and client files while server is up, compile them and then when ready replace the olders & restart server.

4.World Editor is pretty easy to setup have a D partition or mount a folder inside C as D and then create a folder named "ymir_work", extract your WorldEditor version inside that folder and you should be good (WorldEditor has a weird bug with my laptop viewport so I have to decrease Windows Resizing and Layout option from 125% to 100% to correctly display the editor).

5. Cannot help you here, I do not like CMS. If you do then make sure the one you choose is clean and flawless.

• Love 1

• Premium
3 hours ago, OtherChoice said:

1. You should specific what do you mean by 'edit' and 'temporarily'. Many things can be modified including 3d elements, textures, values, mechanics. Basically anything you can and cannot see while playing. Some of those things can be changed during execution time through coding, like values, mechanics and loading different external files such as textures models and so on. The latters can only by created and modified by external programs (not during execution time) or by including a whole new system in client and/or server source (for example a Guild flag editor ingame).

To have full access over game files you should learn how to code in the following languages: c++(client and server source), python(client root), lua(server-side quests), sql(database values) and probably also php, javascript, html5, css3 for a good website. There are also a few handy libraries to learn (and maybe update) if you want to deeply understand some nasty stuff around the source: namely boost and d3dx8, windows api and std (standard c++ library) are instead mandatory.

Apart from coding you will need furthert knowledge to really get into every part of the game. This knowledge includes 3d modelling, existing plugins allow you to convert 3DS (3d studio) models in gr2 used by client, Texturing, i do prefer gimp but anything will work, Map creation, made insanely easier through WorldEditor, Effect creation, such as skill effects, projectiles, auras and so on also handled by WorldEditor.

2. Build your own

3. Usually server shutdown and restart won't take longer than a few minutes, downtime strictly depends on the operations you are performing while server is closed. You can edit the source codes and client files while server is up, compile them and then when ready replace the olders & restart server.

4.World Editor is pretty easy to setup have a D partition or mount a folder inside C as D and then create a folder named "ymir_work", extract your WorldEditor version inside that folder and you should be good (WorldEditor has a weird bug with my laptop viewport so I have to decrease Windows Resizing and Layout option from 125% to 100% to correctly display the editor).

5. Cannot help you here, I do not like CMS. If you do then make sure the one you choose is clean and flawless.

1. I meant changing a standard map for a winter map. Or change winter skins, etc.. I hope I can get a programmer to control these controls. And I will gradually learn them.
2. Thank you :)
3.  Ok, i test it, thank you..
4.  As I wrote, I'm in this beginner. But, can u send me ymir_work file please? ? ..I tried it, but I couldn't get it going. I don't know what to put.
5.  Why?