Dedicated server OVH game - Mysql problem

Hi guys. I am looking for someone who could help me to resolve this problem asap.

My problem is that after we moved everything to dedicated servers I started getting

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'waiting for initial communication packet' system error 0

However I can still use navicat as from time to time it lets me connect and open tables but get this error very often when opening new tables etc

Also logging in to the game takes ages and often gets lag when I try to use teleport, but it also works from time to time.

After a while of playing EQ becomes unusable and NPC shops stop working. After a successful teleport everything goes back to normal and all works. If a teleport fails and gets lag on black bars I need to re-login. 

Our www doesnt work because it times out on connection with our game mysql. 

Also I need to mention that for my technician from Poland and server is located in Poland, navicat work smooth, logging in works smooth but he only sometimes get a problem with unusable EQ and shops. 

Everything worked perfect on VPS servers. If anyone has idea or fix I could even pay if fixed. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium

Hello,

I have been a customer of OVH FR for about 5 years, can you please tell us, where are you from, what service provider do you use?

Also, can you do a MTR(winMTR for windows) from your PC to the Server itself for about 10 minutes and then give us a picture?

Do you use any firewalls? Fail2ban, iptables, ipfw, pf, ipf etc?

Did you host your VPS on OVH Cloud or especially on a dedicated virtualised server?

It looks like a peering problem, something that interconnects OVH network with the rest of the exchangers.

Thank you,

Dr3Ame3r

• Premium
2 hours ago, martysama0134 said:

1. your mysql server is getting laggy due to the crappy machine hardware (ram or cpu mostly)
  2.  or your website is opening lots of connection
  3. or your machine network is crap

Depends, if they have a improper set MySQL server, it is very possible to encounter frequent disconnects.

If they have improper SWAP memory in addition to physical set memory they will encounter the same slowdown as mysql timeouts, ssh timeouts, etc.

Please give us the required information @ATechST

@Dr3Ame3r @martysama0134

Hi. Thanks for the interest. I sent all MTR test to OVH and they said it is all looking good. 

We tried if the problem would stop straight after Mysql setup without any of our databases and the problem is still there.

It is not a problem of cpu or ram. 

I turned off all firewalls possible. Checked all configs etc, few other devs tried to figure it out too.

For some people navicat Mysql works fine, smooth etc. For most people the error mentioned in the topic appears.

Today OVH detected a 100% lose of packets. We are exchanging emails. I think it may be a fault in their freebsd as we had issues with that as well and it can be only installed manually by them on our server.  They asked me a couple of questions what kind of game we doing because the server may need different configurations. Gonna call them tomorrow.

this is our convo; https://pastebin.com/WxrpCn9U

• Premium

@ATechST

Those were automated messages because your server lost internet connections, yes, it was truly a internet connectivity issue, maybe a NIC, maybe some routing issues.

Hope you choose your server well next time(btw, i would prefer WAW-1 datacenter over anything else)