Render Target Problem

UPDATE: After a while i discovered that if I set normal camera CAMERA_MAX_DISTANCE to something very large (10000000.0f) then zoom all the way out the model is rendered correctly

zmiphg.png

5e5mc3.png

Hello everybody, I have some problem rendering fire_dragon (2291) with CxL RenderTarget

. Checked with multiple break points and TraceError(s) and everything seems ok. The model itself is displayed correctly when spawned, and also tried with older/custom version of it. All this made me believe that something might be wrong in camera settings for such a big model, so i tweaked with fov, aspect, near, far and SetViewParams(eye, target, up) but I had no luck. Anyone knows why this specific model is not rendering?

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hace 2 horas, OtherChoice dijo:

Hello everybody, I have some problem rendering fire_dragon (2291) with CxL RenderTarget

. Checked with multiple break points and TraceError(s) and everything seems ok. The model itself is displayed correctly when spawned, and also tried with older/custom version of it. All this made me believe that something might be wrong in camera settings for such a big model, so i tweaked with fov, aspect, near, far and SetViewParams(eye, target, up) but I had no luck. Anyone knows why this specific model is not rendering?

It seems it is rendering but the model is too big. You can try to adapt the "responsive" camera that penger released from illustrated in the same post.

Tried with penger camera and still nothing displays, while every other model is showed correctly at the right size (both wild dog 101 and tree boss 2307 are perfectly centered and resized).

TraceError("Actor Height: %f, Model: %d", fHeight, index); in SelectModel returns
0312 15:22:17197 :: Actor Height: 207.197571, Model: 2108 -----> for desert bandit
0312 15:22:33305 :: Actor Height: 2172.499023, Model: 2291 ----> for fire dragon

The model and its properties are all ok and still it can't render. Is there any limitation for 3d vectors size in the custom defined camera?

The problem was the far clip float value retrived in python application.cpp 

if (!PERF_CHECKER_RENDER_GAME)
    {
        m_kRenderTargetManager.RenderBackgrounds();
        float fAspect=m_kWndMgr.GetAspect();
        float fFarClip=m_pyBackground.GetFarClip();

m_pyGraphic.SetPerspective(30.0f, fAspect, 100.0, fFarClip);   <---- fFarClip was smaller than dragon model far prespective