Change monster folder path

Go to solution Solved by displayjokes,

Hi!

I was implementing new mounts on my server and i wanted to implement the same mount 2 or 3 times with diferent textures.

For example i have a monster that is in a folder called lion, and i implemented that monster correctly, it shows up in the game, everything working fine.

Now i want to make a monster with the exact same folder but different textures. So i copied the lion folder and renamed it for lion_black, i changed the texture path on the lion.gr2 model and also changed the paths inside the .msm and .msa files inside the lion_black folder to be not \lion\...  to \lion_black\... like this:

image.png.d054150354e8bd8333414a1ab82ccde8.png

and when i put in the game, when i'm going to do /m mob_id gives me this error on syserr and i noticed it is still trying to get the \npc\lion\lion.msm instead of \npc\lion_black\lion.msm

Here's a print with the original names: (it is leone_baso, and i'm trying to make a monster with the same exact folder by changing to leone_baso_black)

image.thumb.png.51a8bd3274a1a47abfa9d1b80004b0f1.png

Anyone can help me with this please?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you! :)

• Good 1

It's all lies

12 minutes ago, Dobrescu Sebastian said:

Found this on google 

This is the hidden content, please

Tested ago some months and works.

Thanks for the reply, i did change the textures, i have texture path changer, something like that, i've fixed the path problem but the mount still doesn't come when i do /m 20247 (mob id), but the original mount does..

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 2

It's all lies

Acum 7 ore, displayjokes a spus:

Hi!

I was implementing new mounts on my server and i wanted to implement the same mount 2 or 3 times with diferent textures.

For example i have a monster that is in a folder called lion, and i implemented that monster correctly, it shows up in the game, everything working fine.

Now i want to make a monster with the exact same folder but different textures. So i copied the lion folder and renamed it for lion_black, i changed the texture path on the lion.gr2 model and also changed the paths inside the .msm and .msa files inside the lion_black folder to be not \lion\...  to \lion_black\... like this:

image.png.d054150354e8bd8333414a1ab82ccde8.png

and when i put in the game, when i'm going to do /m mob_id gives me this error on syserr and i noticed it is still trying to get the \npc\lion\lion.msm instead of \npc\lion_black\lion.msm

Here's a print with the original names: (it is leone_baso, and i'm trying to make a monster with the same exact folder by changing to leone_baso_black)

image.thumb.png.51a8bd3274a1a47abfa9d1b80004b0f1.png

Anyone can help me with this please?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you! :)

Did you also added into root/npc_list, the new location for that NPC?

ApnrvVz.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1

• Solution
16 minutes ago, [RaffaeL] said:

Did you also added into root/npc_list, the new location for that NPC?

ApnrvVz.png

Yess i did, i figured out now, on the new folder we want to add, on the .msm we only change the folder to the new one, and the model with the new skin.

Everything else stays the same, pointing to the original monster!

Problem solved! :D

Thank you for your help! :)

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

It's all lies

• Premium
void __GetRaceResourcePathes(unsigned race, std::vector <std::string>& vec_stPathes)

add something like
	else if (__IsNPCRace(race)) // you have already this
	{
		else if (race >= 20242 && race <= 20249 || race == 41466) // new
		{
			vec_stPathes.push_back("d:/ymir work/npc_mount/");
		}
	}