No matching function for call to object of type

I have this error:

In file included from ./any_function.h:29:
./any_function.inc:98:3: error: no matching function for call to object of type
      '(lambda at guild.cpp:1023:39)'
                held(func_arg);
                ^~~~

I am trying to pass this:

DBManager::instance().FuncAfterQuery([this](auto&& data) { return this->RefreshCommentForce(data); }, (char*)ch->GetPlayerID(),

Other methods have failed too (std::bind). I am compiling with C++17. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Acum 48 minute, Mind Rapist a spus:

I have this error:

In file included from ./any_function.h:29:
./any_function.inc:98:3: error: no matching function for call to object of type
      '(lambda at guild.cpp:1023:39)'
                held(func_arg);
                ^~~~

I am trying to pass this:

DBManager::instance().FuncAfterQuery([this](auto&& data) { return this->RefreshCommentForce(data); }, (char*)ch->GetPlayerID(),

Other methods have failed too (std::bind). I am compiling with C++17. Does anyone know what's wrong?

void CGuild::AddComment(LPCHARACTER ch, const std::string &str)
{
	int player_id = ch->GetPlayerID();

if (str.length() > GUILD_COMMENT_MAX_LEN)
	{
		return;
	}

char text[GUILD_COMMENT_MAX_LEN * 2 + 1];
	DBManager::Instance().EscapeString(text, sizeof(text), str.c_str(), str.length());
	DBManager::Instance().FuncAfterQuery(
		[this, player_id] {this->RefreshCommentForce(player_id); },
		"INSERT INTO guild_comment(guild_id, name, notice, content, time) VALUES(%u, '%s', %d, '%s', NOW())",
		m_data.guild_id,
		ch->GetName(),
		(str[0] == '!') ? 1 : 0,
		text);
}

Use std::function instead of any_function

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, ridetpro said:

void CGuild::AddComment(LPCHARACTER ch, const std::string &str)
{
	int player_id = ch->GetPlayerID();

if (str.length() > GUILD_COMMENT_MAX_LEN)
	{
		return;
	}

char text[GUILD_COMMENT_MAX_LEN * 2 + 1];
	DBManager::Instance().EscapeString(text, sizeof(text), str.c_str(), str.length());
	DBManager::Instance().FuncAfterQuery(
		[this, player_id] {this->RefreshCommentForce(player_id); },
		"INSERT INTO guild_comment(guild_id, name, notice, content, time) VALUES(%u, '%s', %d, '%s', NOW())",
		m_data.guild_id,
		ch->GetName(),
		(str[0] == '!') ? 1 : 0,
		text);
}

You are a life saver! The compile is way ahead now. I even needed this code on my next error:

for_each(v.begin(), v.end(), [this](auto&& data) { return this->UpdateStateMachine(iPulse); });

Here is a little different tho, here the UpdateStateMachine is a member of CHARACTER while this function is a member of CHARACTER_MANAGER (exact location: char_manager.cpp -> void CHARACTER_MANAGER::Update(int iPulse)). I tried replacing [this] with [CHARACTER] and [&CHARATCTER] but got this error: 

char_manager.cpp:693:8: error: 'CHARACTER' in capture list does not name a
      variable
                                        [&CHARACTER](auto&& data) { retu...
                                          ^

It worked! I can't believe I didn't think about that. It's over half now, hitting at char_battle.cpp. It had a problem with random_shuffle (removed at 17) so I made some research and changed it to std::shuffle and included algorithm and random. I passed a third parameter and it looks like this now:

std::shuffle(vec_bSlots.begin(), vec_bSlots.end(), std::default_random_engine(send));

but it seems to have a problem with that third parameter:

/usr/include/c++/v1/random:1959:8: error: member reference base type 'int (int,
      const void *, unsigned int, int)' is not a structure or union
    __q.generate(__ar, __ar + __k + 3);
    ~~~^~~~~~~~~
char_battle.cpp:1074:55: note: in instantiation of function template
      specialization 'std::__1::linear_congruential_engine<unsigned int, 48271,
      0, 2147483647>::linear_congruential_engine<int (int, const void *,
      unsigned int, int)>' requested here
  ...std::shuffle(vec_bSlots.begin(), vec_bSlots.end(), std::default_random_e...
                                                        ^

EDIT: Easily fixed! For future reference:

// Instead of
std::shuffle(vec_bSlots.begin(), vec_bSlots.end(), std::default_random_engine(send));

// Type this
std::random_device rd;
std::mt19937 g(rd());
std::shuffle(vec_bSlots.begin(), vec_bSlots.end(), g);

Ok seems like I've hit a dead end!!!

I thought by upgrading and compiling to C++17 would solve this but now that everything is perfect, here it is again. I have no idea what it means or how to fix it but in any case someone wants to help here is the object error:

Linking...../game_r70140-BETA_release
release/guild.o: In function `CGuild::GuildPointChange(unsigned char, int, bool)':
guild.cpp:(.text+0x3939): undefined reference to `CGuild::CGuild(CGuild const&)'
guild.cpp:(.text+0x39d6): undefined reference to `CGuild::CGuild(CGuild const&)'
release/guild.o: In function `CGuild::SkillLevelUp(unsigned int)':
guild.cpp:(.text+0x48fb): undefined reference to `CGuild::CGuild(CGuild const&)'
guild.cpp:(.text+0x49be): undefined reference to `CGuild::CGuild(CGuild const&)'
release/cipher.o: In function `DH2KeyAgreement::Prepare(void*, unsigned int*)':
cipher.cpp:(.text+0xbe2): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
cipher.cpp:(.text+0xc9a): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
cipher.cpp:(.text+0xcd3): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
cipher.cpp:(.text+0xd0c): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
cipher.cpp:(.text+0xea7): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
release/cipher.o:cipher.cpp:(.text+0xf76): more undefined references to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)' follow
release/cipher.o: In function `CryptoPP::MontgomeryRepresentation::MontgomeryRepresentation(CryptoPP::MontgomeryRepresentation const&)':
cipher.cpp:(.text._ZN8CryptoPP24MontgomeryRepresentationC2ERKS0_[_ZN8CryptoPP24MontgomeryRepresentationC2ERKS0_]+0x4e): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedAllocate(unsigned int)'
cipher.cpp:(.text._ZN8CryptoPP24MontgomeryRepresentationC2ERKS0_[_ZN8CryptoPP24MontgomeryRepresentationC2ERKS0_]+0xc3): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
release/cipher.o: In function `CryptoPP::ModularArithmetic::ModularArithmetic(CryptoPP::ModularArithmetic const&)':
cipher.cpp:(.text._ZN8CryptoPP17ModularArithmeticC2ERKS0_[_ZN8CryptoPP17ModularArithmeticC2ERKS0_]+0x83): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
cipher.cpp:(.text._ZN8CryptoPP17ModularArithmeticC2ERKS0_[_ZN8CryptoPP17ModularArithmeticC2ERKS0_]+0xc3): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
release/cipher.o: In function `CryptoPP::ModularArithmetic::~ModularArithmetic()':
cipher.cpp:(.text._ZN8CryptoPP17ModularArithmeticD2Ev[_ZN8CryptoPP17ModularArithmeticD2Ev]+0x32): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
cipher.cpp:(.text._ZN8CryptoPP17ModularArithmeticD2Ev[_ZN8CryptoPP17ModularArithmeticD2Ev]+0x67): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)'
release/cipher.o:cipher.cpp:(.text._ZN8CryptoPP17ModularArithmeticD2Ev[_ZN8CryptoPP17ModularArithmeticD2Ev]+0x9c): more undefined references to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeallocate(void*)' follow
clang-8: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
gmake: *** [Makefile:90: ../game_r70140-BETA_release] Error 1