CREATE_NO_APPROPRIATE_DEVICE

How many people found this error on pserver or Official Metin2? With Windows >= 8 we found this problem and we have fixed with the compatibility checker but this is not the best way!

The real problem is this string on the source of client

EterLib/GrpDevice.cpp

if (!ms_kD3DDetector.Find(800, 600, 32, TRUE, &ms_iD3DModeInfo, &ms_iD3DDevInfo, &ms_iD3DAdapterInfo))

The application go to find the default resolution "800x600" but this is not the correct way! With new generation some computer have deleted the 800x600 resolution and this cause problems!

to solve this we change previous line with this:

if (!ms_kD3DDetector.Find(iHres, iVres, 32, TRUE, &ms_iD3DModeInfo, &ms_iD3DDevInfo, &ms_iD3DAdapterInfo))

We force the application to find the resolution we have set up with config.exe "I remind you that config.exe get the possible resolutions automatically"!

With this method the application always start without problem and compatibility setting.

And if you have a Metin2 Official?

if you have intel chip with the intel control panel you can add personal resolution

if not you can add the resolution with edit some things in the registry but i not suggest it if you not know how registry work!

Hope can i help someone!

• Love 5

• Bronze

I just want to say something about your "official" fix. Webzen didn't change anything like you did. If you want a proof, here it is. If you want to see with your eyes, here is the address from the official binary. (0x39004F0)

https://metin2.download/picture/lGLqsiXJ925wWMC10yN4MyZr2ap9B3YH/.png

Best Regards

Ken

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 4
  • Love 1
  • Love 3

Do not be sorry, be better.

• Bot
17 minutes ago, Ken said:

I just want to say something about your "official" fix. Webzen didn't change anything like you did. If you want a proof, here it is. If you want to see with your eyes, here is the address from the official binary. (0x39004F0)

https://metin2.download/picture/x9Qe20J4V7O9HEjOW7AK5YkVkEEx0mlP/.png

Best Regards

Ken

Yeah anyways, he just showed how to "fix" this issue. But you have to care about the resolutions, which your config.exe allows. For ex. if you set it to 1360x700 and your system doesn't have this resolution you will get the error anyways, becore he trys to create the client with this "set".

I guess YMIR just wanted to check the "minimum resolution" to play metin2, because anything under this resolution looks terrible :D

Edited by Metin2 Dev

english_banner.gif

2 hours ago, Cyber36 said:

Yeah anyways, he just showed how to "fix" this issue. But you have to care about the resolutions, which your config.exe allows. For ex. if you set it to 1360x700 and your system doesn't have this resolution you will get the error anyways, becore he trys to create the client with this "set".

I guess YMIR just wanted to check the "minimum resolution" to play metin2, because anything under this resolution looks terrible :D

Exactly!

Ymir looking for 800 x 600 for the best graphics details!

• Love 1

• Bronze

I had a case when a player couldn't start the client because on his laptop he didn't have 800x600 resolution as minimum, he had something like 1360x1024.

So as I said above, the best solution is to remove it completely.

O346P9N.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev

4 hours ago, Exygo said:

I had a case when a player couldn't start the client because on his laptop he didn't have 800x600 resolution as minimum, he had something like 1360x1024.

So as I said above, the best solution is to remove it completely.

If you change the size from metin2.cfg and put a invalid size metin2 can go outside of display or cause crash for you pc "If it is old"! 
With this method we check if the resolution of metin2.cfg exist in our resolutions!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Developer

Answer a little late, I'm sorry.

Search and delete this code in ur source:

if (!ms_kD3DDetector.Find(800, 600, 32, TRUE, &ms_iD3DModeInfo, &ms_iD3DDevInfo, &ms_iD3DAdapterInfo))
        return CREATE_DETECT;

Edited by Mitachi
  • Angry 1

503953077003354113.png

• 2 years later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.