Metin2 New Game Engine Test

Bogdan

Hi guys.

I know it has been a long time since I posted something on the website, but I really been busy. A few days ago I've seen some videos were Metin2 graphic was taken to next level. I said to myself to have a go and try to update the game engine to change entirely the graphic level. Also worth mentioned that I've seen the bold attempt of PW1 to build a new MMO in this topic:

I really think it is a good idea and I will try to do it myself.

In this topic I will post all my updates regarding my progress, starting with basic intrduction of the Game engine and content builder.

Fist attempt:

Second attempt: animation correction

Short Introduction to World Editor

Please feel free to comment. Looking forward for oppinions and suggestions.

Soon new updates on building a level from scratch and adding content from Metin2 to new Map.

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 12

Acum 9 ore, MiNo a spus:

Very Nice work! thanks for sharing!

btw I took some screenshots that I'll use in my designs ^^".

Thank you. I will be posting some new videos and maybe I will take some screenshots for who needs them.

Acum 5 ore, BeHappy4Ever a spus:

Should you recreate all 3d models , or you only need convert them or fix them?

Epic work!

Thank you.

Depends. Someone was saying that with this graphic, Metin2 characters will defenetly need to suffer some modifications aswell. I was thinking of making a video with present Metin2 characters and same time comparison with how they should look like ( new model ). 

La 22.09.2018 la 23:14, arves100 a spus:

This project is unreal.

I really like this revival projects, trying to update the old Metin2. Unfortunaly the old code is a crap, so it's kinda harder to get updated any time soon.

At least you have a base to work with, you could recycle, or took inspiration from EterPack, EterPythonLib, GameLib, UserInterface, EterBase.

You should not use Python for interfaces, like the old metin2 did, they don't have any gui designer, so devs have to do it manually, I suggest you using a library for that, or, using web technology (V8/ChakraCore/WebKit/...) 

At that point you could recicle the Server (if you manage to do almost all the basic game and networking).

I think with Unreal Engine packs EterPack should not be needed to begin with XD.

Finally, I hope you will succeed on what you want to do, in my opinion is a waste of time due to possible illegal issues with Webzen/Ymir, otherwise I would fairly try to contribute XD.

Thank you for the advice. Really appreaciated. Well there are some good points In what you pointed out. From what I saw so far the software itself has a side of crypting while you are packing all your work to be distributed to your future clients so no need for Fox or EterPack. No regarding the issue with Python, well this is not needed as Unreal is using a other programing language, wich is C++ .

It's worth mentioned that I started this as being just a test project to see how far I can go with it and after a few days I realised that it can be done as unreal provides a lot of blueprints wich can be used to skip hours and hours of codding script and replacing them with visual scripting (blueprints). All you need is passion and money :) as the blueprints are pretty expensive.

Well that being said, big thanks to all of thoes who are supporting me to follow the work and hope I will be able to actually provide you guys with a tester as soon as I can. Till then Enjoy and Like my videos as I will be posting a lot of them with the next updates.

Ps.

As per the Copywright infrigements - I am tending to replace all assets with freeware ones but to keep the gameplay. I will be using Metin2 Stuff only for testing purpose as a base of my work.

• 3 weeks later...

Metin2 is and remains metin2.

• Love 1
Spoiler

Ymir Entertainment was founded in 1999 in Seoul, Korea and 
is currently headed by Byoung Gwan Kim as CEO. The company 
started developing its first 2D online game Metin the same 
year it was founded. The game was commercially launched in 
Korea a year later and received a prize from the Korean 
                    Ministry of Information and Communication in December of the 
                    same year. Following the success of their flagship game Ymir 
                    Entertainment immediately started work on the game’s sequel 
                    Metin 2, which went into Closed Beta in Korea in May 2004. 
                    The game was officially launched in Korea and China in March 
                    2005 before being launched in Asia, Europe and North America 
                    in the years that followed. In January 2011 all of the company’s 
                    shares were bought by Webzen Inc., a Korean game giant known for 
                    their popular MMORPG, MU Online. The company was also awarded 
                    Gameforge’s Global Best Partner of the Year in 2011.

Source: https://mmos.com/publishers/ymir-entertainment

Thank you ymir 🙂 ❤️ and F*** you Gameforge, 2011 you ruined it.

La 15.10.2018 la 10:49, Ace a spus:

Metin2 is and remains metin2.

That doesn't mean that it does not need a boost in graphics. You of whole people should know because you are changing Metin2 2 graphics through the map editing ;)

La 15.10.2018 la 11:36, Legend a spus:

I can't say that is looks good in first stage, but its a start, good luck to your project, it will be hard. ;)

Thank you

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Bogdan:

That doesn't mean that it does not need a boost in graphics. You of whole people should know because you are changing Metin2 2 graphics through the map editing ;)

ok

Spoiler

Ymir Entertainment was founded in 1999 in Seoul, Korea and 
is currently headed by Byoung Gwan Kim as CEO. The company 
started developing its first 2D online game Metin the same 
year it was founded. The game was commercially launched in 
Korea a year later and received a prize from the Korean 
                    Ministry of Information and Communication in December of the 
                    same year. Following the success of their flagship game Ymir 
                    Entertainment immediately started work on the game’s sequel 
                    Metin 2, which went into Closed Beta in Korea in May 2004. 
                    The game was officially launched in Korea and China in March 
                    2005 before being launched in Asia, Europe and North America 
                    in the years that followed. In January 2011 all of the company’s 
                    shares were bought by Webzen Inc., a Korean game giant known for 
                    their popular MMORPG, MU Online. The company was also awarded 
                    Gameforge’s Global Best Partner of the Year in 2011.

Source: https://mmos.com/publishers/ymir-entertainment

Thank you ymir 🙂 ❤️ and F*** you Gameforge, 2011 you ruined it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 5:25 AM, Fr3zy94 said:

I'm sorry to say it, but it is a waste of your time. Old players like the old game, not some new fantasy game. Anyway i do not know what are your plans for this game, but in my opinion isn't worth it. You cannot put the models from Metin2 in an diferit game and call it Metin3.

I think he does this for experience->experience=future money/

• 1 month later...