[Discuss] How long do you compile client binary?

Metin2 Dev

• Bot

Hi community!
I've been recently making some changes to my solution and it's projects and I managed to optimalize the compilation process of client binary in debug mode to 4 minutes.
I think it is a good opportunity to compare it with you.

How long do you compile your client binary in debug mode (Clean Solution -> Rebuild Solution)?

english_banner.gif

• Premium

I think its hard to compare, the build time depends on the computer: Mostly processor and ssd/hdd write time. Also if you have large libs or large object files that the linker have to put into the binary its even takes more time, for example if you have static python lib or cythonized root it takes so much time, for me sometimes ~10min

Btw the difference between Distribute and Release is that there are some #ifdefs that are using distribute's macro, and if its compiled in release some part of the code will work like if it would be in debug (for example the debug strings in the client) because of the mentioned ifdefs check... And yeah also can be some configuration difference too but its vary too...

• Love 1

The one and only UI programming guideline

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...