Expand the view distance?

Hi,

I would like to expand the view distance, because we are not living in 2004 anymore, and all we have a stronger computer than a P4.

I tried it in the PythonApplication.cpp to force m_pyBackground.SetViewDistanceSet(0, 75600.0f);

The object are visible now in the far, but the ground not.

Screenshot_1.png

Any idea to get it fully functional?

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Premium

The view distance only modifies the range for the broadcast packet (I mean with larger viewdistance you will see more players). For the terrain you will need something like this:

Spoiler

I made this about a year ago and I wanted to release it a few times before, maybe I will do it sometimes soon, but the best solution for this if it would be disabled by default, and players would have the option to turn it on, cus the "engine" itself can't render much objects, so on low spec pcs it would be an instakill. However, while I was testing it the only mentionable difference I found was with the shadows, if I disabled it the performance was near the same, but I never had the chance to test it on a live server with large amount of players/shops.

• Love 2

The one and only UI programming guideline

On 8/20/2018 at 12:58 PM, masodikbela said:

The view distance only modifies the range for the broadcast packet (I mean with larger viewdistance you will see more players). For the terrain you will need something like this:

Reveal hidden contents

I made this about a year ago and I wanted to release it a few times before, maybe I will do it sometimes soon, but the best solution for this if it would be disabled by default, and players would have the option to turn it on, cus the "engine" itself can't render much objects, so on low spec pcs it would be an instakill. However, while I was testing it the only mentionable difference I found was with the shadows, if I disabled it the performance was near the same, but I never had the chance to test it on a live server with large amount of players/shops.

bro can you release this please?

• 2 weeks later...