DevIL, ILU SDK & Unicows PDB

• Bot

Hi devs,
I just discovered many clients are using old versions of Unicows.dll, DevIL.dll and ILU.dll.
It's not as hard to update them and if you are deeply into a client development you appreciate those SDK or PDB.

DevIL & ILU (?)
Default client is using 16 years old version. Come clean, looks horrible, right?
These libraries are open source so you can modify them. Here you can download latest SDK.
During those 16 years of development there have been a lot of changes, here is excerpt of them.

Changes:

• DirectX 9 & 10 support
  • New bilinear scaling routine
  • Support for alpha-only formats
  • Better support for ICO, GIF and DDS format
  • Fixed minor bugs with BMP and PNG formats
  • Fixed a lot of issues about DDS format
  • A lot of bug fixes

Unicows (?)
Well, actually you can delete this library from your client and it won't have any effect on client proper working (Windows Vista and newer).
However, you have to keep this library if you want to support compatibility with Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows Millenium Edition.
Here is available package which contains library, it's PDB and license.

Sources:

• Metin2 Dev 18
  • Dislove 1
  • Angry 1
  • Good 11
  • Love 1
  • Love 24

english_banner.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Honorable Member

Only 1 modification is neccessary in the GuildMarkUploader.cpp file in this funcition: CGuildMarkUploader::__Load:

ilCopyPixels(0, 0, 0, SGuildMark::WIDTH, SGuildMark::HEIGHT, 1, IL_BGRA, IL_BYTE, (ILvoid*)m_kMark.m_apxBuf);

The ILvoid isn't defined anymore in the il.h, so or you define it by yourself like the following way bellow or just change it to void.

typedef void           ILvoid;

• Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
La 07.05.2018 la 13:08, Chyu ^^ a spus:

Hi devs,
I just discovered many clients are using old versions of Unicows.dll, DevIL.dll and ILU.dll.
It's not as hard to update them and if you are deeply into a client development you appreciate those SDK or PDB.

DevIL & ILU (?)
Default client is using 16 years old version. Come clean, looks horrible, right?
These libraries are open source so you can modify them. Here you can download latest SDK.
During those 16 years of development there have been a lot of changes, here is excerpt of them.

Changes:

• DirectX 9 & 10 support
  • New bilinear scaling routine
  • Support for alpha-only formats
  • Better support for ICO, GIF and DDS format
  • Fixed minor bugs with BMP and PNG formats
  • Fixed a lot of issues about DDS format
  • A lot of bug fixes

Unicows (?)
Well, actually you can delete this library from your client and it won't have any effect on client proper working (Windows Vista and newer).
However, you have to keep this library if you want to support compatibility with Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows Millenium Edition.
Here is available package which contains library, it's PDB and license.

Sources:

Why people click like to such pointless how-to ?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Management

So, I just compiled DevIL 1.8.0 and I noticed a bug, and somehow stumbled across this topic.

Every time I try to set a guild mark on the backend is always 0: 

SaveMark: mark id found 0

9bw5Qf0.png

I can see the icons on the select window, but whatever icon I choose, it always goes as 0 to the server...

If I use the default DevIL and set an icon it works correctly, and when I switch to the new version I can see the old icon, but if I change, it sets as white...

Any idea?

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

raw

raw

1 hour ago, Karbust said:

So, I just compiled DevIL 1.8.0 and I noticed a bug, and somehow stumbled across this topic.

Every time I try to set a guild mark on the backend is always 0: 

SaveMark: mark id found 0

9bw5Qf0.png

I can see the icons on the select window, but whatever icon I choose, it always goes as 0 to the server...

If I use the default DevIL and set an icon it works correctly, and when I switch to the new version I can see the old icon, but if I change, it sets as white...

Any idea?

This can happen if you update only the client version DevIL and forget to update the library on the server side.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Management
5 minutes ago, Helia01 said:

This can happen if you update only the client version DevIL and forget to update the library on the server side.

The client is sending 0 for every icon, the problem is on the client...

But anyway, my server is running 1.7.8, I installed it directly from pkg.

raw

raw

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.